Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 14:03   #481
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Called Asset Hyundai in Mumbai, Phone: 022-67244444. They said the new Verna will be launched soon and they have also started taking the booking of the new Verna. I asked when will I get the new Verna if I book it now and his idea of "soon" is May 2011.

There are two hyundai dealers in our City, Dhoot Hyundai and A M Hyundai. Called both and both are currently taking bookings of the old Verna transform. A M Hyundai doesnt have any idea of this new car and he actually wanted me to give him the new Verna video I know the head mechanic in Dhoot hyundai so thought I'll ask him instead of asking the sales, because obviously they will be interested in selling the old Verna if they have it in stock. Well this mechanic said we havent started taking the booking of the new Verna yet. But we are also not getting Verna transforms from Hyundai since we know that a new Verna will be launched soon. He said April 15th will be mostly the launch date of the new Verna.

I dont know how much I/we can trust this mechanics words, but if Mumbai has already started taking booking of the new Verna, there is a slight chance that this fellow might be right. Well April or May it doesnt matter if the review after launch is good, I'm going to buy and post my review in here and if the post launch review is not that good then I guess Vento is the only option for me. @Sid will you help me decide
Old 18th March 2011, 17:59   #482
BHPian

On my way back from Chennai yesterday, spotted 3 of RBs being test driven, sorry for not posting any pics.

They zoomed off before I could realize that they are RB, I was with my kid and didn't try to keep pace to catch them up.

Launch might be really soon.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:44   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
They did not disclose anything about the launch date, but I managed to get some pricing detail(mere speculation) from the executives.
Thanks Ajay for letting us know this.

Quote:
I believe it will be close to what they revealed. Top end petrol 'ANHV' will be somewhere around 9 Lacs and the 'ANHV' oil burner close to 10 Lacs. IMO it's decent & competitive pricing if Hyundai sticks close to this with all the bells & whistles.
If the oil burner is really launched at that price point then it is a mouth watering deal. With the 16 inchers, all wheel discs, 6 air-bags & other standard paraphernalia, not to mention the improved ride & handling.

Quote:
While travelling on web, I found an interesting article about 'ANHV'( Hyundai Accent in US, Solaris in Russia) so thought of sharing it with my fellow members,
following is the link:
2012 Hyundai Accent Gets Most Power, Fuel Economy in its Class [Montreal Auto Show] | AutoGuide.com News

One section which impressed me in this article was 'CONFIDENT HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS', which talks about new rigid structure Hyundai is employing in 'ANHV' ( Hyundai Accent in US, Solaris in Russia ).

Sid, please throw some light on this.
If we are to believe this then the ride & handling seems to have improved by leaps & bounds over the current Verna. However we would have more faith in the comments from Sidindica or GTO after they test drive the car rather than in this article.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:21   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks Ajay for letting us know this.

If the oil burner is really launched at that price point then it is a mouth watering deal. With the 16 inchers, all wheel discs, 6 air-bags & other standard paraphernalia, not to mention the improved ride & handling.

If we are to believe this then the ride & handling seems to have improved by leaps & bounds over the current Verna. However we would have more faith in the comments from Sidindica or GTO after they test drive the car rather than in this article.
The price for the oil burner would be mouth watering if it has the 1.6L under the hood. However if they are going to plonk the i20 1.4 Crdi in it, it might seem a little overpriced and Vento might be a better option. Hopefully Sidindica is right and we see the 1.6L Crdi in the new Verna.
Old 21st March 2011, 14:28   #485
BHPian

Spotted the Verna RB testing this morning while I was driving on the Chennai - Kanchipuram highway (at Sunguvarchathiram). I like the high boot at the back, probably means tons of usable boot space. Waiting eagerly for a concrete release date and specs. The car took a U-turn before I could get snaps of the interiors. It was a diesel judging by the mild smoke from the exhaust pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-20110321-08.32.37.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-20110321-08.32.50.jpg  

Old 21st March 2011, 14:46   #486
BHPian

@Chrome6Boy nice catch man, cant believe they are still testing it. If they are testing the vehicle on 21st March, I really dont think it will be launched in April. Every other website I read in the past few days said mid 2011 and some said 25th June 2011. I think they might be right.

Reasons

1. The current verna was modified and relaunched around June/July 2010 and obviously the company will at least wait for a year before they launch a new verna.

2. The company is still testing the vehicle and I'm sure they will spend 1 or 2 months for the sales training. So if they manage to finish their testing before April then expect the vehicle around May/June.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:57   #487
BHPian

I went to the Hyundai dealer in Sadashivnagar with my co-bro to check on the Verna Transform. We were there in the showroom and spend about 5 minutes in and around the display car. Meanwhile, a couple joined us in inspecting the display car.

Curiously, no sales folks came to us, even though the crowd there was thin. When we were about to leave, one guy came to us and he gave his visitng card and told us to call him if we have any questions. To me, this is an indication that they have not stocked enough Vernas and they are expecting an announcement.

-tortoise
Old 21st March 2011, 17:05   #488
Senior - BHPian

Training for top dealer service personal started today.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:21   #489
BHPian

@sidindica Welcome back to the thread man, we missed you I believe we can expect the vehicle in 1 or 2 months then. What do you say?

I also have a question for you, but I think it will make sense after the diesel Verna gets launched. But who knows you might as well answer it right away. So here goes between Diesel Vento and Diesel Verna which one has better handling, suspension and if you get a chance please throw some more light on both the engines.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:33   #490
Senior - BHPian

Went to the surat dealer with my cousin to check out the new verna as my bro is very keen on getting the 2011 verna. The sales staff told us that they have no info on the 2011 verna and right now only selling the transform edition.

They said they will only be able to give more info on it after 1-1.5 months as they have enough transform verna stocks with them.

So guys, wait and watch
Old 21st March 2011, 19:17   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
So here goes between Diesel Vento and Diesel Verna which one has better handling, suspension and if you get a chance please throw some more light on both the engines.
+1. Any latest news on the launch? Would be really great, if Hyundai comes out with a max deadline for delivery like Ford as indicated by Mustang in Fiesta thread
Old 21st March 2011, 20:51   #492
Senior - BHPian

The hotly anticipated 2011 Hyundai Verna RB was driven by India’s motoring press just a few days ago at Dubai. Meanwhile, the buzz on the street is getting louder by the day a leadings Hyundai dealers in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore have unofficially told Team ICB that Hyundai India has stopped new dispatches of the Verna Transform sedan, thus hinting at the launch of the 2011 Verna RB very soon, as early as this month end or early next month.

Also, the pricing of the Verna RB is anticipated to be highly competitive with dealers reporting that Hyundai India is eager to outdo the Volkswagen Vento’s pricing by positioning the Verna RB variants at sub 10 Lakh price points for the top end versions, ex-showroom Delhi. While the launch of the 2011 Verna RB is still shrouded in typical Hyundai secrecy, some dealers have already started accepting Verna RB bookings with token advances from car buyers eager to avoid the post launch rush.

Article Source: 2011 Hyundai Verna RB just around the corner even as dealers begin bookings! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

So, I think the good news from Hyundai is just around the corner.
Old 21st March 2011, 22:42   #493
BHPian

A small query, if dealers have already started accepting bookings and the company has stopped dispatches of the current Verna. Then why was this new Verna spotted testing today? please refer Chrome6Boy's post on this page or the previous one.

Anyone who knows any dates? I've heard Feb 28th and March 15th March in the past.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:29   #494
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
A small query, if dealers have already started accepting bookings and the company has stopped dispatches of the current Verna. Then why was this new Verna spotted testing today? please refer Chrome6Boy's post on this page or the previous one.

Anyone who knows any dates? I've heard Feb 28th and March 15th March in the past.
If you notice, the test vehicle is not fully camouflaged like the previous times it was spotted. Also, "Caparo" (the sign board you could see vaguely) is only about 10 kms away from the Hyundai plant. Possibly they are just doing some fine-tuning which is anyway an on-going exercise.
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:50   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
If you notice, the test vehicle is not fully camouflaged like the previous times it was spotted. Also, "Caparo" (the sign board you could see vaguely) is only about 10 kms away from the Hyundai plant. Possibly they are just doing some fine-tuning which is anyway an on-going exercise.
The car was pulling out of the SIDCO Industrial estate near Sunguvarchathiram (where many auto parts manufacturers have setup their factory). It took an immediate U-turn and was heading back towards the Hyundai factory. I'm inclined to agree with MAS that its probably in its fine-tuning stage.

Hope we're a month away from seeing it in showrooms.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks