Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2011, 18:58   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

I loved the design of the ANHV. Looks really well balanced and see a lot of influences from the current Honda City. The headlights are surely a Hyundai family thing and frankly this IMHO has been Hyundai's best design effort so far. This somehow makes the new Fiesta sedan awkward. Now if only Hyundai's were better cars to drive they would be really top the segment coz their engines are quite decent.
Old 3rd April 2011, 20:26   #617
BHPian

Was expecting the All New Verna to be gifted to the Indian team yesterday...!!! Wat happened to that ??? Anyone know abt it ???
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:34   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Was expecting the All New Verna to be gifted to the Indian team yesterday...!!! Wat happened to that ??? Anyone know abt it ???
They didn't even advertise the Verna or hinted about the launch during the world cup which would have been best platform to do it. They wasted money on that just one world cup ad!! :-(
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:37   #619
Senior - BHPian

The car looks much better than the Deform version, or the unformed version that came prior to it. IMO it looks similar to the new Fiesta and the ANHC.

However, Hyundai does not seem to have got rid of the horrid grass-hopper like headlamps.

Hope they've got their act right on the driving dynamics this time though.
Old 4th April 2011, 10:29   #620
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
They didn't even advertise the Verna or hinted about the launch during the world cup which would have been best platform to do it. They wasted money on that just one world cup ad!! :-(
In comparison to the "expensive gifts" being showered on the Indian Team, the ANHV would have looked like a toy.

On serious note: I also feel that the World Cup was a great platform to launch the ANHV.

When VW could launch a DLF IPL special version Vento, i wonder what stopped Hyundai from en-cashing upon this opportunity.
Old 4th April 2011, 10:40   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

However, Hyundai does not seem to have got rid of the horrid grass-hopper like headlamps.

Hope they've got their act right on the driving dynamics this time though.
The styling is really off the beaten track here. Horrible headlamps, muscular lines though.
Old 4th April 2011, 10:43   #622
BANNED

small correction -

as per today's newspapers , Hyundai has announced that they will gift a verna to each player of indian team players . it's a mystery though which Verna this will be...
Old 4th April 2011, 10:45   #623
BHPian

This month's car magazine issues ALL have featured a preview of the new Verna.

Quoting the Overdrive article, Page 88: ABS will be standard on all variants. Interiors are high quality. Could not test handling properly, but "around the few roundabouts, the car did feel far more planted and eager".

Page 90: 4 engines - 1.4 (108 PS) and 1.6 (123 PS) gamma petrols, 1.4 (90 PS) and 1.6 (128 PS) U-II diesels. 5-speed manual and 4 speed automatic will be offered with the petrol engines. 6-speed manual and 4-speed automatic gearbox will be offered with the diesels. Price is estimated to be 7-9 lakhs ex-showroom.

Toys: Cluster ionizer for purifying air, parking sensors + camera with display in the rear view mirror, front USB port, integrated Bluetooth with A2DP, lots of other "India specific" features.

My issue of Autocar has not arrived yet, but I saw the cover at a newsstand and the new Verna was there too.

Last edited by darksoul : 4th April 2011 at 10:46.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:36   #624
BHPian

Happy to see that all new sedans are getting at least ABS as standard feature in all varients. As per Mustang new fiesta is getting ABS and front air bags as standard.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:52   #625
rbp
BHPian

Looks like the 1.4 (90PS) diesel is from the i20, wonder if it will get the 6 speed box.
Old 4th April 2011, 15:59   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Happy to see that all new sedans are getting at least ABS as standard feature in all varients. As per Mustang new fiesta is getting ABS and front air bags as standard.
This is really good. I think in due course of time, all manufacturers move up the ladder and make various features standard and accessible to the aam junta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Looks like the 1.4 (90PS) diesel is from the i20, wonder if it will get the 6 speed box.
Since i20 already have 6 speed manual gearbox for CRDi, having it in a sedan should not be difficult. If the engines are same, then it makes more sense to use the same gearbox too right ?
Old 4th April 2011, 20:24   #627
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The verna has arrived uncloaked at a secret location in Delhi. Launch sometime NEXT WEEK.
Wait for this Sunday for a sneek peek. Now I cannot comment if that cricket world cup thingy of giving vernas to players was real or just a PR stunt.
Old 4th April 2011, 20:36   #628
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The verna has arrived uncloaked at a secret location in Delhi. Launch sometime NEXT WEEK.
Wait for this Sunday for a sneek peek. Now I cannot comment if that cricket world cup thingy of giving vernas to players was real or just a PR stunt.
This is 100 % correct sid . it was in today's new paper ( TOI delhi edition ) and Sidharth NDTV ( guys who hosts CNB ) also tweeted on facebook . see below links

India vs Sri Lanka: Hyundai to gift new Verna to Team India if they win World Cup - The Economic Times
Old 4th April 2011, 21:24   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I would highly doubt that it could be a PR stunt.
Old 4th April 2011, 21:45   #630
BHPian

Thats fantastic news Sid! Next weeks sneak peek sounds fantastic.

In the mean while, i thought id share this article i came across in the Smart Buy booklet that comes along with Business Line on every Wednesday (Dated 30-3-2011). Thought id share it as the article was very well written & has no speculations, just solid information backed by the actual technical details.

The article also confirms the features that has been mentioned uptil now including what Darksoul has posted 6 posts up like the bluetooth music system which includes handsfree calling & streaming music from your phone (just like the top end Tata Manza) & also the optional back warning system with a back-up camera & a hidden LCD display in the electro-chromic rear-view mirror. More details in the second point in the key excerpts im posting below at the end.

Have attached the pictures below but since the booklet is bigger than what a standard scanner could scan, the text has been cut. So im also attaching a PDF at the end of this post which has the text written perfectly (the pdf is zipped to conform to the 3MB limit here on BHP).

Further, the rear three-quarters view which the picture in the opening of the article gives us (just below this para), really shows off how well proportioned & well designed that rear is. Also, love the name the author has given the article, excellent pun

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-2011-verna-article-1.jpg
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-2011-verna-article-2.jpg
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-2011-verna-article-3.jpg

Some key excerpts:
- Key dimensions are more than the current segment benchmark - Honda City.

- Hyundai is making some India-specific changes to the Verna both inside & out which includes:
- Dual disk horn
- Twin-tip chrome muffler
- Electrically folding door mirrors with integrated LED indicators
- Chrome aircon vents
- Rear seat audio remote control
- Wood grain inserts for the door panels
- Special storage space in the rear seat armrest.

- (Technicals) Ride & Handling has improved by replacing the old style sub-frame at the front with a H-shape sub-frame for making a lighter structure & assist the independent front suspension. At the rear, a coupled torsion beam axle set up does the job of optimising the suspension. Steering is motor driven & aids in precise control.

Enjoy!
Click to download the pdf ---> 2011 Verna Article Text.zip

Last edited by Xehaust : 4th April 2011 at 21:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks