Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 16:19   #661
e46
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Launch: May 11, 2011. Tomorrow the sneek peak will be inside a secret location but the car will NOT be driven.
great Sid. Are you covering it? which means, we would get the first hand pics pre-launch!!
Old 9th April 2011, 16:21   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

City has already lost its pole position to the Vento! Lets see how this much awaited car changes the game further! Eagerly awaiting the 'sneak peek' sid.
Old 9th April 2011, 16:36   #663
BANNED

Quote:
Mark 10th of April as sidindica will give you an exclusive sneek peek of a pre production verna. Don't expect any pics though.
Quote:
Launch: May 11, 2011. Tomorrow the sneek peak will be inside a secret location but the car will NOT be driven.
On 10th, you will see the Verna RB, but no pics, no test drive. Then what will you update us with? I feel it's not worth the effort. Rather wait for few more days and give a detailed report.

P.S: Are you going to Sunshine Hyundai?
Old 9th April 2011, 19:32   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
On 10th, you will see the Verna RB, but no pics, no test drive. Then what will you update us with? I feel it's not worth the effort. Rather wait for few more days and give a detailed report.
Some time people are too demanding. Have some patience. The pictures are already in circulation so why so desperation . Sid will definitely come with some good news.
Old 9th April 2011, 20:43   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post

P.S: Are you going to Sunshine Hyundai?
Sometimes 2 eyes, and the ability to touch and feel can translate into much more than what pictures can show.
Old 9th April 2011, 21:40   #666
BHPian

I have some news ppl...!! Went to our local dealership in Coimbatore... They said that 8 verna's have come to them yesterday and they have been taken for the test-drive by the media ppl ( such as Autocar n Overdrive ) They r driving it from Coimbatore to Kodaikanal... And are expected to return back to Coimbatore by afternoon 1.30 tomo...

I'm gonna try to have a look at it... N if am lucky, will post the pics.

P.S : The 4 engine are confirm... such as 2 petrol n 2 diesel !!!
Old 10th April 2011, 00:00   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea when the delivery will start - If the launch is on 11th, am sure the dealers are going to start accepting bookings. Will they start deliveries soon enough or will they do a Ford - (a.k.a) start delivery at a later period.
Old 10th April 2011, 11:12   #668
R17
BHPian

The New Verna, known as the Reina Verna in China, has stored 5 stars in the China NCAP. Please note the link for the same - Åöײ½á¹ûÈ«¼Í¼

While the China NCAP does not enjoy the eminence of the Euro NCAP, IIHS or NHTSA, its still an excellent result for the Verna. Moreover, since this car will soon be launched in USA and Europe, we can expect to get reports of its performances in the other crash tests, in due course of time.

All of which will make for relevant reading if Hyundai does indeed give us a variant of the new Verna with 6 airbags et all.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th April 2011 at 11:34. Reason: The word ANHV replaced with new Verna, let's not complicate nomenclature. Thanks
Old 10th April 2011, 12:57   #669
Senior - BHPian

The engine options and transmission choices will be the same that I posted in my previous post. Only thing I don't know is that weather the 1.4 diesel will have a 6 sped manual or nor, even though the cheaper I20 has it.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-photo2550.jpg

The car you see here is a 1.6 gamma VTVT petrol 4 speed automatic SX. Again, it looks like a top end variant, but not known weather there will be an SX option pack or not.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-photo2551.jpg

This variant had bluetooth, USB, aux-in, 2 airbags, steering mounted audio controls and ACC along with reverse parking sensors, 16" alloys and all wheel disc brakes. No key was there so I couldn't check out the stereo or engine. The electricals were cut off.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-photo2554.jpg

The seats are comfortable at front, and the legspace is HUGE. Headroom again is good and the seat had dual height adjuster. The rear seat is comfortable but is placed pretty low, though the cushioning is fantastic. Legroom too should be close to class best, and despite the high rear beltline, the feeling of claustrophobia is not really there. The city should have marginally more width though. Again, it was a pre production prototype and some fine tuning is required. I got to spend about 15-20 minutes due to security reasons but mark my words, the car looks PROMISING atleast on paper. The dual exhaust a-la civic was also there. And the design is sure to win many fans. It looks absolutely fantastic and is larger and wider than the current verna.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-photo2552.jpg

Whatever pics were taken here consider them as a bonus. And please, do NOT ask any further question. I cannot answer any further. Again I say, this is a pre production prototype and equipment mix may/ may not change.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-photo2553.jpg
Old 10th April 2011, 13:04   #670
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if its specifically me or something.

I have a feeling it looked far decent in the Autocar scoop posted earlier in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2103530

In person, the car doesnt seem to be that appealing, I guess the white colour is not something that would be appealing for this model.

But overall. Does have a strong built feel to it, similar to i20. I guess the sucess of i20 was thier main input for this project
Old 10th April 2011, 13:39   #671
BHPian

"Again, it was a pre production prototype and some fine tuning is required"

Does that mean, assembly line production of the vehicle hasn't started yet - That would only mean a long wait time for delivery. No one seems to have an answer as to when the units will start shipping.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:45   #672
BHPian

Now this looks promising, if they price the car properly. Does it have rear air con vents??
Old 10th April 2011, 16:14   #673
BHPian

Dear Sid, I hope you can answer questions about rear seat - is it wide enough to seat three people comfortably and whether there is a hump in the middle of the seat?
Old 10th April 2011, 16:56   #674
Senior - BHPian

All the questions will be answered sometime between 18th to 20th.
Yep, the team bhp review will be uploaded in this timeframe. See, you need to be aware about the risks involved in clicking pics and that too in secrecy. I respect the ACI scoop, it was a matter of luck and chance. Whatever was allowed has to be adhered. Being too much demanding can lead to loss of rear pressure bulkhead.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-2010_accent29.jpg

This is the picture of the rear seat from an international model. Its wide, but the city may have an edge. I was alone and three people weren't sitting in the car, so cannot comment. Hyundai is said to be making India specific changes, lets see.
BTW my very close frend has deposited the advance booking "token amount". 1.6, CRDi, silver or grey. The white car had clocked down many kilometers and had some scratches as it was a test car, so I referred to it as a prototype. I think that regular production has started and waits will be short by the time the launch is near, Hyundai should produce sufficient units. In fact, some rumors float around that cars have been made ready for dealer dispatches.Man, I can't wait to drive this one.

Last edited by sidindica : 10th April 2011 at 17:07.
Old 10th April 2011, 17:07   #675
Senior - BHPian

So finally the Vento diesel gets a worthy competitor. The Verna has more torque, more power and 1 extra gear which is huge huge advantage. Can the Vento hold its ground as the most Fun to drive diesel with its handling capabilities or will the Verna once again become the #1 enthusiast's choice.
Only sid will tell.
Any idea about the price?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks