Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 15:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

is that not the same as entering vittal mallya road from st.marks road? arent we speaking the same thing? you are talking from kasturba end, i am talking from st.marks end! anyways shall check it out today evening and fill it full tank.
Old 28th June 2007, 15:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
hey all

i still got one bit of fuel left with which i can go about another 10km (the needle is just above the E mark by a fraction). so with 203 kms from the last refill it comes to 203 km /14.12 litres ~ 14.37 kmpl (before first service).

hopefully it should reach 15kmpl in a day or two. will keep you updated on FE figures as appropriate. i am thinking of going to shell pump today evening. i drive down st. marks road from mg road side (this the 'way' in one way) and as i reach cash pharmacy, just before it, i need to take a right turn. then i should get the shell pump on my left. is that right?

srik
Depends on where you are coming from - Your original question leads me to believe that you will be coming from the Hudson circle side, in which case, the best way is to enter cubbon park after you pass the Hudson church signal, reach the circle after the central library inside the park, make a complete right, and come out back on to Kasturba road (you will pass the lawn tennis courts) and continue straight onto Vittal Mallya Road ... you will see the Shell pump on your left in about 100-150 mts (All this circus because there is no right turn onto Vittal Mallya Road from Kasturba Road) .. if you are coming from MG Road side, you simply drive down MG Road, pass Jewels De Paragon, get onto Kasturba Road, pass the hdfc bank, and make a left at UB City onto Vittal Mallya Road...
Old 28th June 2007, 16:05   #63
BHPian

yeah! We are talking about the same destination, but different routes..But note that you can't drive down to St marks road from M G Road now a days! If you are coming from M G Road, it is better to take the route I suggested earlier.

Hope you will not exhaust that "one bit of fuel left" before you reach Shell ..Keep us updated about the FE and the driving experience.
Old 28th June 2007, 16:53   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i still got one bit of fuel left with which i can go about another 10km (the needle is just above the E mark by a fraction). so with 203 kms from the last refill it comes to 203 km /14.12 litres ~ 14.37 kmpl (before first service).
14.37 kmpl? City driving conditions? ac on full time or partly?

Old 28th June 2007, 17:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

crazy driver, yes its city driving conditions, 20% ac.

and thingummy you've totally confused me now!! ok lemme ask this straight. i am near minsk square, go further onto chinnaswamy stadium road, upto mg road, take right onto kasturba road go past sundaram motors, hdfc and a temple then i get a signal. at this signal, taking far left will go to mallya hospital / kanteerva stadium, while the road you are asking me to take is near left immediately on the signal (there are two roads to left at this signal), question is can i take that immediate left turn which goes to shell?
Old 28th June 2007, 17:35   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
crazy driver, yes its city driving conditions, 20% ac.

and thingummy you've totally confused me now!! ok lemme ask this straight. i am near minsk square, go further onto chinnaswamy stadium road, upto mg road, take right onto kasturba road go past sundaram motors, hdfc and a temple then i get a signal. at this signal, taking far left will go to mallya hospital / kanteerva stadium, while the road you are asking me to take is near left immediately on the signal (there are two roads to left at this signal), question is can i take that immediate left turn which goes to shell?
yes this is the same road that leads back to st marks road
Old 28th June 2007, 20:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

ok. so i did after all go to the shell pump and my oh my. the treatment of customers is of a different league. "namaskara sir", so many people waving hands and directing incoming traffic, cool! with an automated filling unit, I have filled diesel of upto Rs.1300/-, so thats about 36.89L. actually the auto pump stopped short at 1240+, but he asked me if he can fill more, i said round it off. so now i ll have to actually check how much he tops up once again.

the car is as usual, great to drive and i am enjoying it nicely. until further updates....
Old 29th June 2007, 12:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

i wouldve finished something like 300-400 kms by another 2 weeks, but after that i have a chennai trip for 700km, which means i would cross 1000kms before first service, does this mean my service will be void ?? i took delivery on 23 june, and 1 month is still not over until 23 july.

is it ok to give for service a couple of hundred kms after 1000kms?? and what speed must i maintain on the highway? is it ok to go to 100-120? or better to restrict at 80 kmph with occasional hundreds? i would be using a toll road to go to chennai.

any inputs will be valuable on these two points.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Geek. Get the service done after you come back from your trip. Maruti have exceptional service and they don't refuse to service the vehicle even if it the car has couple of hundred kms more. Also after 1000km you may found some small rattles or problem with the car. (i hope you dont fine one )

Restrict it to 80 - 100 i would say to be on a safer side.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:45   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i wouldve finished something like 300-400 kms by another 2 weeks, but after that i have a chennai trip for 700km, which means i would cross 1000kms before first service, does this mean my service will be void ?? i took delivery on 23 june, and 1 month is still not over until 23 july.

is it ok to give for service a couple of hundred kms after 1000kms?? and what speed must i maintain on the highway? is it ok to go to 100-120? or better to restrict at 80 kmph with occasional hundreds? i would be using a toll road to go to chennai.

The service will not necessarily be void. Depends on your rappo with the service guys. By rule it can be void but they usually dont mind it. especially if it's within the dates. kms few hundred is ok.

Speed is not important on the highway run it's the engine rpm which should be kept in check. I guess stay within 3000rpm and you should be fine.

Also remember lower speeds in a higher gear will lead to strain on the engine.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
with an automated filling unit, I have filled diesel of upto Rs.1300/-, so thats about 36.89L. actually the auto pump stopped short at 1240+, but he asked me if he can fill more, i said round it off. so now i ll have to actually check how much he tops up once again.
Srik,
I think it would be better to stop at auto cut-off while filling instead of top-up, since cut-off to cut-off filling will give you an accurate measure of fuel consumption and correct mileage calculation. I remember there is an excel sheet provided in some of the threads, which you can use to note down your mileage along with other relevant details, and would work best with auto cut-off filling.
Cheers
Old 29th June 2007, 16:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

Geek, its better to stop filling at the auto cut-off. Since i presume you would be paying by card, they only charge you for the exact amount, down to 2 decimal places .
Old 29th June 2007, 18:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:

The service will not be void,say them that you had to do long trips in highways.

Better restrict your RPM,the speed doesnt matter its the RPM that matters.I guess you should do a maximum of 3000 RPM
Old 30th June 2007, 01:35   #74
BHPian

40 km/hr in 4rth and 60 km/hr . Will it strain the engine ?
Old 30th June 2007, 10:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

somehow i am unable to have a look at too many things while driving! well mostly in bangalore city i cant do more than 50kmph whatever gear i am in, and if i am anything > 50kmph it will already be only in fifth gear. that aside i only check on the tacho to keep note of RPM not exceeding 2k most often.

that aside, i seem to be only enjoying this car. i am off to the accessory shop to put in my old stereo with a pair of new jbl's extra (so 2 ovals + 2 ciculars and an old pioneer stereo). dolphin seat covers (black) for 6k, and sunfilm and remote central lock. that should be it for now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks