Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 21:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Total distances travelled so far on my Civic = 736 kms in 10 days.. and will soon up for first service.. Also finally got some FE figures.. the average reading appears pretty accurate..

Trip A (Total distances covered so far, tyre pressure 30 psi)
Name:  Image0063.jpg
Views: 3705
Size:  53.2 KB

Trip B - tyre pressure 32 psi
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0062.jpg

Driving is mostly on City (70%) and Highway (30%) with 80% AC on..and within 3K RPM.. I am a happy man!

Accessories added so far:
1) Transparent Rubber mat
2) Reverse parking sensor
3) 3M sun films

More coming tomorrow:
1) Door side garnish plate
2) Mugen Style trunk Spoiler

Some new shots including interior:
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0020.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0022.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0056.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image00451.jpg
Attachment 228276
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0031.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0038.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0051.jpg  

Last edited by iTNerd : 15th November 2009 at 21:52.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 22:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to add: I have not factored in the speedo error due to the upgrade to 205/65/15 Michelin Primacy LC... its probaly 2%.. so the effective average should be even higher...
Old 16th November 2009, 20:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Just installed the Mugen styled rear spoiler and now, it gives a distinct identity of its own.. as it being dark, could only managed to click a few shots.. nevertheless does the job!

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-mugen1.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-mugen2.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-mugen3.jpg
Old 16th November 2009, 22:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Mugen spoiler definitely gives the car a unique identity. How much did you shell out for that? Do you find it difficult to reverse with the spoiler obstructing the view? My personal choice would have been the lip spoiler though.

Also, do post some pics of the upgraded tyres. I would like to know why you call them not so good looking.

Is it not time you update your Avatar and garage by the way?
Old 16th November 2009, 23:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The Mugen spoiler definitely gives the car a unique identity. How much did you shell out for that? Do you find it difficult to reverse with the spoiler obstructing the view? My personal choice would have been the lip spoiler though.
Got it for 13K.. Though the lip spoiler looks good, personally, on a low slung car like Civic, I prefer having a GT/Type R spoiler as it gives the car a bit of character and looks..

Didn't find any difficulty in reversing as the horizontal bar is a good feet tall, and is only about half an inch thick.. I also have the reverse parking sensors.. so, not much of a trouble.. Besides, after becoming a pro in reversing my SX4, it is a much easier done on my Civic.. .

Quote:
Is it not time you update your Avatar and garage by the way?
I know its long overdue.. so much for work and tight schedule.. anyhow, just updated my avatar at least.. will mend my garage pics in few days

Quote:
Also, do post some pics of the upgraded tyres. I would like to know why you call them not so good looking.
Well, the Primacy LC has thin side walls, and on 205/165/65, it kinda bulge off in the middle and that's why I mentioned its not a looker .. here are some shots:

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-tyre1.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-tyre2.jpg
Old 17th November 2009, 12:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Besides, after becoming a pro in reversing my SX4, it is a much easier done on my Civic.. .
You bet !

Quote:
Well, the Primacy LC has thin side walls, and on 205/165/65, it kinda bulge off in the middle and that's why I mentioned its not a looker
Correct me if am wrong but is the thickness of the sidewall not determined by the aspect ratio(65% of 205 in this case)? Theoretically speaking tyres of the same dimension (irrespective of the brand) should look alike and be of the same size. Am I missing something here?

And, Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct me if am wrong but is the thickness of the sidewall not determined by the aspect ratio(65% of 205 in this case)? Theoretically speaking tyres of the same dimension (irrespective of the brand) should look alike and be of the same size. Am I missing something here?
May be I was not clear before.. by thin side walls, I mean the side walls are pretty much soft compared to XM1+ or other make.

Quote:
Michelin Primacy LC

New reference in high Performance, it absorbs driving noise and reduces your fuel bill.

The 3 Main Characteristics of MICHELIN Primacy LC Tyre

1. Silence
The newly developed "Silent Rib Technology" and tread compound reduce tyre noise to minimize driving noise. As a result, the tyre provides the highest level of "silence" in its class for a quieter and more comfortable ride.

2. Fuel-saving
THe Full Silica Compound reduces the rolling resistance and contributes to fuel saving and reduction of CO2 emissions.

3. Safety in Wet Conditions
Wet braking and wet handling are improved, ensuring a higher level of safety.

More at Tyres Michelin Primacy LC - www.iTyre.com
Old 17th November 2009, 18:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be I was not clear before.. by thin side walls, I mean the side walls are pretty much soft compared to XM1+ or other make.
I now understand what you meant in your earlier post.

One suggestion I would make is to urge you to go in for art leather/leather seat covers which would add grandeur to the car and also safeguard the original fabric upholstery. Beige can get dirty pretty soon.
Old 18th November 2009, 21:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.. I intend to buy a 160 GB classic iPod and hook it to my Civic.. the new Civic has an Aux in as well as USB connectivity.. I am curious of the followings:

1) On USB connection, would I need to shuffle around the playlist from the iPod itself? or can I use the car's music player controls to do that?

2) On USB connection, would the iPod get charged automatically? or do I need to buy an iPod car charger module?

3) For first time connection on USB, are there any other steps that is required before the Car's HU can start playing MP3 files from the iPod?

4) On Aux-In connection, how bad would be sound quality compared to USB?

Previously I owned a 5 GB iRiver music player, and that was hooked on my SX4 on Aux-in. And it used to work without much hassle. But I am unsure how using an iPod would be like with the car's HU!
Old 18th November 2009, 22:09   #70
Team-BHP Support

I have the older civic so don't know about the USB. With the Aux-In I have found the quality more than satisfactory. Volume control is through the car music system controls but all other browsing is through the IPOD itself.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:55   #71
BHPian

Overall, it works like a breeze with USB 2.0 devices. USB 1.1 devices are not recognised during boot-up, they need to be connected after the HU is powered-on.

Quote:
Hi guys.. I intend to buy a 160 GB classic iPod and hook it to my Civic.. the new Civic has an Aux in as well as USB connectivity.. I am curious of the followings:

1) On USB connection, would I need to shuffle around the playlist from the iPod itself? or can I use the car's music player controls to do that?
HU controls can be used to control the iPOD for almost everything except system settings (like EQ, etc)

2) On USB connection, would the iPod get charged automatically? or do I need to buy an iPod car charger module?
Yes, it gets charged via USB. No need for any additional charger

3) For first time connection on USB, are there any other steps that is required before the Car's HU can start playing MP3 files from the iPod?
Absolutely nothing.

4) On Aux-In connection, how bad would be sound quality compared to USB?
Previously I owned a 5 GB iRiver music player, and that was hooked on my SX4 on Aux-in. And it used to work without much hassle. But I am unsure how using an iPod would be like with the car's HU!
Haven't tried aux-in, but aux-in can turn out inferior to USB connection. It depends on how the HU processes the input from aux-in. Aux-in inputs may not get DSP treatment, so it can sound bad (relatively).

BTW, the rear spoiler looks absolutely stunning.

Is the rear floor mat a single piece ?

Last edited by mkc15 : 18th November 2009 at 23:57.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One suggestion I would make is to urge you to go in for art leather/leather seat covers which would add grandeur to the car and also safeguard the original fabric upholstery. Beige can get dirty pretty soon.
No art leather for me.. the new fabric looks pretty good and its very comfortable and anyway, I have basement parking and is always parked there and being single, I don't have to worry about kids dirtying the beige interiors.. after 2-3 years when the fabric seats go kaput, I will then dress them up with stanley..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I have the older civic so don't know about the USB. With the Aux-In I have found the quality more than satisfactory. Volume control is through the car music system controls but all other browsing is through the IPOD itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Overall, it works like a breeze with USB 2.0 devices. USB 1.1 devices are not recognised during boot-up, they need to be connected after the HU is powered-on.
That's all I need to hear..Thanks Axe77, mkc15 for the valuable comments.. now I can heart contently purchase an iPod classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
BTW, the rear spoiler looks absolutely stunning.

Is the rear floor mat a single piece ?
Thanks.. I love it too! The rear floor mat is in two pieces and only cover some portion of the floor...It is the generic mat as I have given up on finding the perfect rubber mat that fits..
Old 20th November 2009, 11:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

I went ahead and purchased a classic iPod 160 GB black and this being my first iPod (the other portable player I had was 5 GB iRiver), it is cool and fun playing around with it.. quite like the interface and usability.. I had hooked to the Civic via USB.. so far, works great.. one strange thing is that to activate USB, I need to click the CD/Aux button.. don't know why Honda didn't give a dedicated USB button to activate USB device.. also, if there is a CD inserted into it, and iPod is connected too via USB, the car HU only plays the CD.. to play from the iPod, I had to remove the CD disc from the HU.. is it normal procedure or am I missing something?
Old 20th November 2009, 23:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Today, while driving on the expressway, a cow suddenly veered towards my car and hit the right side mirror breaking the mirror, though the other part/plastic is OK :( . I can still retrack or adjust the part that would hold the mirror.. Is only the mirror part availabe as spare part? or do I have to change the whole assembly of one side? or worst, do I need to change both the assemblies (left and right)? Any idea on the cost?
Old 21st November 2009, 07:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
also, if there is a CD inserted into it, and iPod is connected too via USB, the car HU only plays the CD.. to play from the iPod, I had to remove the CD disc from the HU.. is it normal procedure or am I missing something?
The CD button is to switch among CD, Aux and USB. While playing the CD, if you press the CD/Aux button it will switch to iPod, if connected and vice versa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks