Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 15:53   #181
Senior - BHPian

4 should be the one..
Old 27th February 2010, 16:44   #182
Senior - BHPian

Number 4 is the cleanest of the lot. I think this should be option you should pick

All the best and drive safe.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:46   #183
Senior - BHPian

Number 4, definitely. Looks the cleanest of all.

cheers!
Old 27th February 2010, 16:50   #184
BHPian

I would stick to 4, also remove the Honda badge..Smoke the headlights
Old 1st March 2010, 20:25   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
On my Civic 2009 Manual, I am facing a strange gear issue.. the 2nd gear seem hard to shift when starting for the day, but then begins to shift better while it warms up. At times when I shift, it's smooth but also other times it does feel notchy. Does it seem like I have a problem or is it common?
I have to problem from day one. Mine is now 16k, and still feel gear **** is bit noisy, especially 2nd to 1st.

I kept telling service folks, they keep lubricating/bleeding clutch. I really don't want they opening up the gear box, so issues still persist..
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to the popular choice, I found 3rd fitting

Either way, your car looks pretty awesome!
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest, break the CIVIC logo and place " C I V I ) " At the bottom of the boot line.
Reverse the last "C". Sorry I was not able to get that symbol properly so used closing bracket.

Can also have that engraved on the front windshield. My two cents.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 2nd March 2010 at 17:23.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

#2 IMO. Only Civic on the back looks the best.
Also, like Ramsagar has suggested C I V I C at the bottom and centre. Example like the new Skoda Superb.
IMO that will be the best backside on a Civic by far!
Cheers
Old 4th March 2010, 16:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have to problem from day one. Mine is now 16k, and still feel gear **** is bit noisy, especially 2nd to 1st.

I kept telling service folks, they keep lubricating/bleeding clutch. I really don't want they opening up the gear box, so issues still persist..
I guess this is a common problem on Honda these days, couple of ANHC also face this issue, it's hard to down shift from higher to 2nd gear.

I had this problem, got it checked at 1st service, SA did Clutch Bleeding and I don't have this issue anymore.

I used to

> Slow down the car and do a down shift or
> Try it twice it works

But couple of ANHC owners are still facing this even after 10K+ on the ODO and frequent Clutch Bleeding.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:07   #190
Senior - BHPian

The car looks damn good, better set of wheels will definately add to it. Also, I liked the 3 pic you added..a few badges look good I believe.

Quote:
Have not made up my mind yet on the 17" alloys.. looking around, but have not found anything interesting...
Dont know if you are familiar with this place but its basically shivaji marg, near moti nagar, which has kind of become a hub for car showrooms, we have VW, Skoda, Harpreet ford, BMW (deutsche I believe), T&T Mercedes, ring road honda, Asian Motors (Mitsubishi) and galaxy toyota..

On this road there is yokohama dealer if you go from ford showroom towards ring road honds, asian motors further up and then comes the Yokohama dealer showroom on the right, this guy really has some droolsome alloys, havent seen better any where else yet. They themselves manufacture or export them .. something like that.. You may want to chk.

Also, GYRO at the inner ring road near motibagh gurudwara again has some prestine alloys, chk them up.

Take care and drive safe!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th March 2010 at 17:11.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:22   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post

I didn't find the gearshit noisy, but its just that, when trying to negotiate on a speed breaker, at certain times (10 %), the 2nd gear won't slot (from higher gear) in first attempt. Clutch is fully pressed, and that has no effect. In second attempt, with a slight force, works though. I will probably ask for clutch bleeding on 6 months service..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I would suggest, break the CIVIC logo and place " C I V I ) " At the bottom of the boot line.
Reverse the last "C". Sorry I was not able to get that symbol properly so used closing bracket.

Can also have that engraved on the front windshield. My two cents.
thanks, but not to my taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
#2 IMO. Only Civic on the back looks the best.
Also, like Ramsagar has suggested C I V I C at the bottom and centre. Example like the new Skoda Superb.
IMO that will be the best backside on a Civic by far!
Cheers
Yes, I am liking the idea of retaining C I V I C only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

I had this problem, got it checked at 1st service, SA did Clutch Bleeding and I don't have this issue anymore.

I used to

> Slow down the car and do a down shift or
> Try it twice it works
I pretty much do that same things.. I guess clutch bleeding is the key to resolving this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The car looks damn good, better set of wheels will definately add to it. Also, I liked the 3 pic you added..a few badges look good I believe.

Dont know if you are familiar with this place but its basically shivaji marg, near moti nagar, which has kind of become a hub for car showrooms, we have VW, Skoda, Harpreet ford, BMW (deutsche I believe), T&T Mercedes, ring road honda, Asian Motors (Mitsubishi) and galaxy toyota..

On this road there is yokohama dealer if you go from ford showroom towards ring road honds, asian motors further up and then comes the Yokohama dealer showroom on the right, this guy really has some droolsome alloys, havent seen better any where else yet. They themselves manufacture or export them .. something like that.. You may want to chk.

Also, GYRO at the inner ring road near motibagh gurudwara again has some prestine alloys, chk them up.

Take care and drive safe!
Thanks buddy! Yes, I know the place.. I'll certainly check on them.. Call me crazy, but I am now warming up to the idea of going for gunmetal gray alloys ..
Old 10th March 2010, 12:08   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but I am now warming up to the idea of going for gunmetal gray alloys ..
Gunmetal gray alloys IMO will look good only when they are new. After some time they will begin to look dull. Check out the original Honda alloys in the showroom, they are grey. Saw them on a City awhile ago and they appeared very drab.
Cheers
Old 30th March 2010, 09:14   #193
Team-BHP Support

Hi iTnerd (& Ors),

I have studied this thread very closely from the tire standpoint and am finally quite pleased to confirm that I've also upgraded to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/R15. Its been only two days but the experience is astounding. I think compared to you, I've actually driven about 8500 kms out of the showroom before upgrading so I feel the difference even more.

Quick rewind. We own a 2003 Gen 1 Honda Accord that we purchased 2nd hand and its tires needed to be changed recently. This car is largely driven sedately by a driver or my mum so we decided to put all my OEM Civic tires into this accord (195 / 65 / R15 is incidentally OEM footwear for this generation of the accord).

I simultaneously upgraded the Civic shoes to M. PLC 205/65/R15 - my car is an Aug 09 V/AT - just before the facelift.

Immediate observations

- Road grip and handling is brilliant - I can finally sense the true handling / cornering potential of the Civic.

- Road noise - minimal. The combination of the silent iVtec and the tyres is mind blowing - like floating on air. I can completely relate to one of your earlier posts in this regard.

- I'm only worried about the soft compound so tend to be very gentle on bad roads and bumps.

- Finally, I'm waiting to see the FE impact. I was getting 7.2 - 7.5 with the OEMs (100% Mbai city with AC). Lets see what the M. PLC fetches give that its upsized.

Few Qs if there are any further updates from your end (the 1st Q is most imp).

- I was told to retain tire pressure at 30 psi which is what I was filling for the OEM Michelins - should I start filling 32 / 33 instead? What in your view is the tire pressure giving the optimum FE / ride / handling combination. I'm 65% self driven and 35% chauffeur driven. Usually have only one or two people in the car. Rarely a full load. My gut feel tells me a little more air would not hurt but would like to know your thoughts on this.

- What's the speedo error? I read somewhere its 2%. If the speedo is showing 100 kmph, does that mean the actual speed is 98 or 102?

- What does the change mean for odometer readings. If the car shows its traveled 1 km, does it mean its actually traveled 2% more or 2% less? (just curious). I would imagine this would also have to factored into FE readings - how does one do that.

cheers,
A.

PS: OT but I noticed your rear view mirror and it seems we've installed identical parking sensors. (don't remember the brand but the image in the RV mirror is absolutely identical).

Quote:
I think one important factor is the upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC. And yes, I tried the recommended 30 psi, but the size and tyre composition (silica based) has changed.. and at 30 psi, the tyre kinda bulge on the side (due to soft side walls) and the ride was a bit bumpy and noisy too.. on one Michelin test in Thailand, they used a civic 1.8 i-VTEC with the primacy LC with 2.4 bar (around 33-34 psi) to extract the optimum level of FE, ride comfort and reduced noise level
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 10:31   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi iTnerd (& Ors),

I have studied this thread very closely from the tire standpoint and am finally quite pleased to confirm that I've also upgraded to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/R15. Its been only two days but the experience is astounding. I think compared to you, I've actually driven about 8500 kms out of the showroom before upgrading so I feel the difference even more.
Slendid!

Quote:
Immediate observations

- Road grip and handling is brilliant - I can finally sense the true handling / cornering potential of the Civic.

- Road noise - minimal. The combination of the silent iVtec and the tyres is mind blowing - like floating on air. I can completely relate to one of your earlier posts in this regard.

- I'm only worried about the soft compound so tend to be very gentle on bad roads and bumps.

- Finally, I'm waiting to see the FE impact. I was getting 7.2 - 7.5 with the OEMs (100% Mbai city with AC). Lets see what the M. PLC fetches give that its upsized.
Indeed with the PLC 205 tread, handling has greatly improved and steering feedback is even more precise. I can easily speed up to 140-150, and still change lanes (zig zag) among the notorious convoy of trucks on the expressway, without removing my foot on the accelerator (not that I always do or advocate doing it, but I am just quoting it to ascertain the handling characteristics!). About FE, I am sure it will improve by 1-2 kms at least!

Quote:
Few Qs if there are any further updates from your end (the 1st Q is most imp).

- I was told to retain tire pressure at 30 psi which is what I was filling for the OEM Michelins - should I start filling 32 / 33 instead? What in your view is the tire pressure giving the optimum FE / ride / handling combination. I'm 65% self driven and 35% chauffeur driven. Usually have only one or two people in the car. Rarely a full load. My gut feel tells me a little more air would not hurt but would like to know your thoughts on this.

- What's the speedo error? I read somewhere its 2%. If the speedo is showing 100 kmph, does that mean the actual speed is 98 or 102?

- What does the change mean for odometer readings. If the car shows its traveled 1 km, does it mean its actually traveled 2% more or 2% less? (just curious). I would imagine this would also have to factored into FE readings - how does one do that.

cheers,
A.

PS: OT but I noticed your rear view mirror and it seems we've installed identical parking sensors. (don't remember the brand but the image in the RV mirror is absolutely identical).
- for me 30 psi does not tick.. Considering that PLC has soft side walls, at low psi, it bulges towards the side, and in high speed and connering, that is a bad mantra. So, maintaining a higher of 2-3 psi gives the best combination of ride/handling and comfort. Also take into account that the tyre is 205/65, up from the stock 195/65. Suzuki recommends a 33psi on SX4 with the stock 205/65/16 JKs. FE also improves with higher pressure. I say, you try at 30, 32, 33 psi every week on all tires and see if you can make any difference in the ride/FE/comfort/handling/NVH.

- yes, 2.05% speedo error translates to 102 kmph, though it shows 100 kmph

- In fact, when you calculate the FE based on the odo readings, you'll have to also add a bonus 2% of the FE figure, to derive the actual FE. For example, for a FE reading 10 kmpl, add 2% of 10kmpl for the actual FE figure - 10.2 kmpl
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 11:55   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi iTnerd (& Ors),

Axe, I would like to know how much you got for your old tyres? Where they already Michelins? I got NCT5 as OEM and definitely would like to change them to MPLC in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks