Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 20:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia

Thanks Ricky. True I really could not resist the Defis. I saw few autometers and they looked nothing compared to the defis. Plus the available autometers were mostly mechanical and i wanted to maintain a neat uniformity.

The car flies like crazy and trust me when i say it, its unbelievable man. Without a doubt. It was set at 8 psi and my ba**s were in my throat already haha. The car left from Bangalore today at 4pm. Should reach in about 4 or 5 days. I just cant wait to get my hands on it!

Oh, and one more thing. It is the MOST BEAUTIFUL sounding exhaust I have ever heard. It is PERFECT for daily driving. Loud when you floor it and a lovely not-so-loud hmmmmm on normal driving. Its like its digitally tuned for bass and treble, its that perfect ;-) Hahaha, im sure all of you can imagine how excited and in love i am with this car.

And wont make it loud at all. I want to maintain its elegance. its just lovely the way it is. The bumper has been cut a little and a mesh has been added to it for the intercooler. Thats all! I want to keep it as "stock" as I can...
Old 21st May 2011, 21:19   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Thanks Ricky. True I really could not resist the Defis. I saw few autometers and they looked nothing compared to the defis. Plus the available autometers were mostly mechanical and i wanted to maintain a neat uniformity.

The car flies like crazy and trust me when i say it, its unbelievable man. Without a doubt. It was set at 8 psi and my ba**s were in my throat already haha. The car left from Bangalore today at 4pm. Should reach in about 4 or 5 days. I just cant wait to get my hands on it!

Oh, and one more thing. It is the MOST BEAUTIFUL sounding exhaust I have ever heard. It is PERFECT for daily driving. Loud when you floor it and a lovely not-so-loud hmmmmm on normal driving. Its like its digitally tuned for bass and treble, its that perfect ;-) Hahaha, im sure all of you can imagine how excited and in love i am with this car.

And wont make it loud at all. I want to maintain its elegance. its just lovely the way it is. The bumper has been cut a little and a mesh has been added to it for the intercooler. Thats all! I want to keep it as "stock" as I can...

Way to go Anmol. So you did find the ride a little "unsettling" to put it mildly. There are many of us on this forum who'd give an arm & a leg to own a car like what you now own. Envy envy !!

Good to know that the gurgle of the exhaust is not too pronounced in city traffic situations. Loud on high RPM is something you will enjoy. A deep bassy note is always nice.

Ok so you rode in it as 8 psi & it had the "effect" that it did on your anatomy !! Consdering that it is going to run 14 psi when it lands in Chandigarh...I think you better go gradually on the boost..It may actually move a lot of parts inside your stomach as well

That is a serious car you have. Drive it responsibly - as they say "with power comes responsibility"

All the best !! Enjoy your car.

Cheerio
Old 21st May 2011, 23:32   #138
BHPian

Congrats Anmol!

From your posts i can make out the excitement!!trust me man i am excited too reading all these posts!!you have a car that is one of the best in the segment in stock condition itself, but you have upped the ante with yours!!and the professional manner RRP did it makes it all the better!!

waiting for a full driving report though!!including a detailed mention of the handling!!

Dont worry about the extra bucks-it always happens in a major mod!but you will enjoy it!
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:36   #139
BHPian

Congrats Anmol !
I can totally imagine how excited you must be to get hold of her and rip the streets of Chandigarh.
Impressed with the professionalism displayed by RRP guys. You expect good workmanship and efficiency when you are spending your hard earned money and after looking at your pics, it is pretty evident that anyone who would give his/her car to them to work on, would be extremely happy that professional guys would be working on it with the right tools at their disposal.
What more can you ask for when you have a in house Dyno for tuning.
I am keen to see the turbo manifold. Is it made in SS or MS ? she cleared 200 whp at 7.5-8 psi is it ? Very Nice,impressive. What injectors are you using or no injector upgrade ?
What tyres are you using right now ?
As Ricky said above, drive her responsibly because as you are very well aware, she is no more the timid,sober Cedia like she cam from the factory, she has transformed into something a bit more ferocious

Congrats once again,glad you chose a Cedia over other cars,she is worth taking efforts on.

Do post some more detailed pics once you receive the car and whenever you find time.
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:11   #140
BANNED

Awesome build! the RRP facility turely looks of international standards. Have fun with the fire breathing monster and please post some vids.

Quote:
New tires will be bought after the stock ones run out.
Please change to the best ones available soon and dont wait for the stock ones to run out. This is one area you cannot afford to delay on with the kind of power you are running. This should be infact among the top on your list.

Looks like you didnt get the front strut bar? remember seeing it in the to do list.
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:03   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Awesome build! the RRP facility turely looks of international standards. Have fun with the fire breathing monster and please post some vids.

Please change to the best ones available soon and dont wait for the stock ones to run out. This is one area you cannot afford to delay on with the kind of power you are running. This should be infact among the top on your list.

Looks like you didnt get the front strut bar? remember seeing it in the to do list.

Totally agree with upgrading the tyres asap, if not already done. I am sure the car would have the Mintex brake pads already - right ? Dont know if the strut bars are really needed, as the Cedia has a stiff chassis any which way, and the owner does not intend to use this car for rallying.

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:19   #142
BHPian

I have a doubt here .. How was the engine run-in done after the forged internals n all went in ? Was it done or was it more of a engine break-in ?
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:16   #143
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anmol, these are drool pics. With the kinda reviews we have seen on Team Bhp along with your experience, we can easily say that RRP are among the best tuners in India, very very PROFESSIONAL. The engine bay remains as neat and clean as ever. And as they say "We dont make cars, we make them better" . You certainly do RRP.

I am sure you are having a blast . Thanks for the reviews. I wish you all the best and please do take care of her. In fact, chandigarh is one city where you can exploit full capabilites of this beast. But try to get hang of it first, start with small bursts and then move up to bigger ones. As amey said this is not the stock/sober cedia..hehe.

In between, I see that you havent upgraded the brakes, any specific reasons for the same?

From my personal experience anything over 150 BHP, even on carbon ceramic pads will be a bit too much for the stock assembly, but thats just me..lolzz.

Quote:
New tires will be bought after the stock ones run out
You got to be kidding sir. Believe me, even if you drive hard regularly on stock cedia, these tyres are not for you. I drove 20k kms on these stock ones, which were already 22k kms old, and when I shifted to S-Drives, I realised how much FUN I missed, and how unsafe it was to drive with heavy foot on stock bridgestones. I request you change to 215/55s Advans or something similar asap. PLEASE.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd May 2011 at 13:26.
Old 22nd May 2011, 13:28   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
I have a doubt here .. How was the engine run-in done after the forged internals n all went in ? Was it done or was it more of a engine break-in ?

we still have to run- in this car ...

we just checked the power it produces on dyno after everything went on the car ...

car won't be pushed hard and running in will be done very carefully !!
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:59   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hy hey hey anmol this side

Thanks a lot for all ur advice and replies.

Few things i wish to share

Running in for the car was done at rrp itself. It was a 2.5 hour dyno at 1,500 , 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 rpm respectively.

Yes the power run at 7psi gave 193whp. :-D

Im not sure about the manifold. Most likely its mild steel because of some temperature issues.

I m on mintex brake pads for front and rear so no worries about that.

And about the tyres i had decided on advan neovas 205/55 coz 215 was not available anywhere. I forgot.to update it on this thread.

And the strut bar has also gone in...
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hy hey hey anmol this side

Thanks a lot for all ur advice and replies.

Few things i wish to share

Running in for the car was done at rrp itself. It was a 2.5 hour dyno at 1,500 , 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 rpm respectively.

Yes the power run at 7psi gave 193whp. :-D

Im not sure about the manifold. Most likely its mild steel because of some temperature issues.

I m on mintex brake pads for front and rear so no worries about that.

And about the tyres i had decided on advan neovas 205/55 coz 215 was not available anywhere. I forgot.to update it on this thread.

And the strut bar has also gone in...

Great so your car is run in, and 193 at 7 psi is nice - ACTUALLY very nice
Great so you have upgraded brakepads and you are headed for the right tyres for this monster of a car

Cheerio
Old 24th May 2011, 11:34   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys

Need a bit of help in choosing the right tyres for this build. Please can u suggest coz im totally clueless.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys

Need a bit of help in choosing the right tyres for this build. Please can u suggest coz im totally clueless.
Didn't you already decide on advan neovas?
Old 24th May 2011, 12:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

Hankook Ventus RS2. Very grippy and noisy.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

RS2s were replaced by the Hankook Ventus Evo V12 .. I doubt they are available anymore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks