Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 21:44   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
^. Nice.. I am also looking for the same model solely since its base on Induction motor. Prices have increased a lot. Now it retails for ~19k. Even with discounts I think the best I can get is for ~17k.

Have you faced any issues with the washer. How is the pressure. I am mostly looking for driveway cleaning & removing dirt from walls since I get a lot of duct & grime . Washing cars is secondary for me.
So far no issues. Runs very well even for continuous duration of 5-10 mins. You just have to follow the instructions on how to ensure the correct water supply and bleed the system. It can draw water from a bucket but that needs a one way valve that doesn't allow water to return to the bucket.

Karcher also has a service dept in Ahmedabad. So in case anything goes wrong it can be fixed. I use the washer twice a month for everything.

Pressure with the system is very high. Even with the vario lance it hurts if the jet hits your feet (found out by accident)

The dirtblaster lance is best used for very tough grime. I didn't even need to use any soap or hot water. Just used the lance and everything was cleaned. There are demo videos for this unit on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Users/Owners of pressure washers...

I would like to know (approximate) how many bucket loads of water is needed to wash a hatch, normal wash, minor wheel well sprays (no slush/muck/grime). Wash includes dustoff-soapup-rinseoff cycle.

I am planning to get one and want to know the comsumption pattern.
Two buckets max per car for a thorough wash. One is enough for rinsing. I manage to wash my 4 two wheelers and a car in three buckets.

Last edited by Xeno : 11th December 2014 at 22:06.
Old 25th December 2014, 00:00   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post

I am considering buying this myself for a couple of reasons: 1) I live in a flat and the car parking area neither has a water outlet nor an electrical point. 2) I don't need a heavy duty washer but just something to get rid of the occasional mud in the rainy season and the stubborn dust that comes from not washing the car for a week since I'm such a lazy sod.

Good to hear that you have had a good experience with it so far. I might give this a go after all !
KnightRider77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 18:37   #708
Daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I have a Kärcher K2 110, i got it for 7.5K, has 6 months warranty. Comes with 2 nozzles, Pramod
Hi Pramod,
Could you confirm if K2.110 comes with 2 nozzles (lances)? I checked a few sites - they seem to indicate only one nozzle.

Also the indicated hose length seem to vary from site to site from 3m to 6m. A length of 5m would be convenient.

As cited in this thread, it is not listed in Karcher India site. However it is available with the sole dealer in Chennai who says the 2.110 comes with one nozzle.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My Bosch Aquatak pressure washer failed today.
The motor is running but there is no pressure-water output.

There is oil leaking from below the unit.

I got a Aquatek 100 plus that failed with same issues after 2.5 years of sparing use. It failed without any warning. Bosch Service Chennai said the model has been discontinued and cannot be serviced. . Tried taking help from a technician who maintains pressure washers for a company - but spares are not available. It has now been lying idle for over a year now for want of spares.

I now looking for a new washer.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2014 at 12:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 26th December 2014, 19:21   #709
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I actually bought this last month. I thought it would be a cheap product but the quality turned out to be pretty good. It is by no means a pressure washer but it's great for cleaning your car even if it is coated with dirt. The hose has an adjustable nozzle that sprays water either as a gentle shower or as a pressure stream. I think the specification is it can spray up to 40 psi. It's also great because it has a water tank. This is a boon for me because in my apartment complex using a hose pipe to wash cars is banned!

The motor hooks up to the 12V socket in the car. The lengths of the wire and the hose pipe are very decent. I clean my car once a week with this and it works great.

Attachment 1307370
Is the pressure good enough to clean below the mudguard of car? Do we need to keep the car running? Any problem till now?

This seems to be an VFM solution than spending 10K on a washer
Old 26th December 2014, 19:45   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Is the pressure good enough to clean below the mudguard of car? Do we need to keep the car running? Any problem till now?

This seems to be an VFM solution than spending 10K on a washer
The pressure is good enough to clean the surface of the car but not dried up mud on the underside. On the box the max pressure is given as 40psi. The car does not need to be running, you can just keep it in accessory mode. I haven't faced any issues so far so indeed does seem like good VFM.
bowser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 20:35   #711
BHPian

Just placed the order, lets see how it goes.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 18:44   #712
BHPian

I have been using Karcher 2.110 for almost 2 years now. Today I noticed drop in pressure and good amount of water leakage happening inside( which flows out through vents on the front portion of unit ).

Has anyone faced same issue ?
Is it recommended to open the unit for a quick inspection and possibly a simple DIY fix ?
Where can I get it serviced in Mangaluru / Bengaluru ?

Thank you for your time.
Old 28th December 2014, 01:35   #713
Senior - BHPian

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser
I actually bought this.
Attachment 1307370
I want to buy a Pressure Washer with following requirements (in no particular order EXCEPT 1st ONE which is Mandatory)-
1. Should not Scratch the Paint of Car or alloys.
2. Should not be expensive (read <3-4K),
3. Should operate on 12V DC (Can be used anywhere even where AC is unavailable)
4. Should have a Storage Tank.
5. Should be reliable and parts should be easily available.
6. Should be Sturdy.
7. Should come with Warranty of atleast 6 months.
8. Should be able to wash a hatchback (i20 Elite) and a MUV (Xylo).

How are the ones available from www.resqtech.in?
The Manual Washer 14 Litre Model is available for Rs. 3050/-
The 12V DC operated 25 Litre Model which retails for Rs. 5395/- is showing Out of Stock on their website.
The 28 Litre Model which is rechargeable as well as operate on 12V DC is for Rs. 7195/-. I don't want to invest this much money currently.

Should I go for the Washer bought by bowser (see quoted post) or the ones available from www.resqtech.in?

I would like to go for the 14 Litre Model if resqtech is recommended by bhpians over the other washer as the 25Ltr is out of stock.
Else would go for the other washer (the quoted post shows the picture link).
Should I have to use separate brush for 1. Body and 2. Tyres & Alloys? And does the brush shipped with the above washers meet my Requirement no. 1?

Please help me decide.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th December 2014 at 01:40. Reason: Matter added.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 01:41   #714
BHPian

The "Karcher basic" washer is available for 299 AED.
Is it the same as K2.110?
Is it worth?
Old 28th December 2014, 02:22   #715
BHPian

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have been using Karcher 2.110 for almost 2 years now. Today I noticed drop in pressure and good amount of water leakage happening inside( which flows out through vents on the front portion of unit ).

Has anyone faced same issue ?

Is it recommended to open the unit for a quick inspection and possibly a simple DIY fix ?

Where can I get it serviced in Mangaluru / Bengaluru ?

Thank you for your time.

I have the same problem and the pressure head needs replacing. Costs about 3k and can be DIY but spare to be purchased from Karcher service centers. Am yet to fix mine... Bothers me that it lasted me only about 40-50 uses over a 15 month period.
PM me for the Bangalore service center number.
Old 29th December 2014, 09:55   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
Hi Pramod,
Could you confirm if K2.110 comes with 2 nozzles (lances)? I checked a few sites - they seem to indicate only one nozzle.

Also the indicated hose length seem to vary from site to site from 3m to 6m. A length of 5m would be convenient.

As cited in this thread, it is not listed in Karcher India site. However it is available with the sole dealer in Chennai who says the 2.110 comes with one nozzle.

Thanks
The one that I got comes with 2 nozzles, the length of the hose is 5M.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 15:22   #717
Daz

I checked with a couple of dealers - they confirm that k2.110 comes with one nozzle and a 3m pressure hose :-( . I guess yours must be one of those exclusive limited edition type of things.

Last edited by Daz : 29th December 2014 at 15:25.
Old 2nd January 2015, 16:57   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
Just placed the order, lets see how it goes.
I think you bought the one similar to that bowser has.
Have you got yours? From where did you buy, for how much and how does it perform?

Bhpians, any advice for me to go for which Washer from the above two that I selected in the Post no. 715 above.
Old 2nd January 2015, 18:58   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I think you bought the one similar to that bowser has.
Have you got yours? From where did you buy, for how much and how does it perform?

Bhpians, any advice for me to go for which Washer from the above two that I selected in the Post no. 715 above.
Have bought it from rediff shopping for 2600 rs after 10% off. Its shipped and is expected to be delivered by 3rd Jan. I will post a detailed review once I receive. So if you can wait for one week I can help.

I also have the resqtech manual one. Within one month it cracked and for past 4 months I am running behind them for replacement. The pressure you get is ok for normal washing or foaming, it wont remove any dirt from rain etc.
madbullram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 10:22   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
Have bought it from rediff shopping for 2600 rs after 10% off. Its shipped and is expected to be delivered by 3rd Jan. I will post a detailed review once I receive. So if you can wait for one week I can help
Have you used this washer?
Please update the review of same.
Also when I checked Car Washer at Rediff for this washer, the price is 2899/- + 49/- Shipping.
From which buyer did you buy? Please post link.
Also did you use COD or advance payment?
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks