Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 12:33   #331
BHPian

Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Hi mayankk / Traveller

You are partially right - I mean, camphor IS easily flammable BUT it does not have as low cumbustion point as liquid perfume(s), which are MORE inflammable.

OT: simple test: Heat up a saucepan or something (make it real hot, much hotter than a car ever become in the sunlight) say 5 to 10 minutes in a gas burner would do. Switch off the gas, take the saucepan to a safe area, dump many pellets of camphor on it.. see whether it will catch fire. If yes, you are right! (it will not, i bet)
Ok, you seem to have tried this . As you have safely tried this in your car, I may give it a try as I too like the camphor smell.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:39   #332
Senior - BHPian

Ordered a Areon Black Ice from ebay yesterday, should be arriving tomorrow, lets see hows the fragrance and performance
Old 9th October 2012, 13:50   #333
Team-BHP Support

The Areon gel-based tins are superb. I've been using a citrus / lemon flavor for the past 1 month in the Linea and I am mighty impressed with the fragrance retention. The best part about these tins is they don't need to be stuck to the dashboard or A/C vents like other brands. I have just placed the tin below the front passenger seat, completely hidden from view, hidden from sunlight and yet superbly effective. Since I have the 3D Kagu mats, the tin is trapped between the front and rear mats and doesn't roll over when passing by turns or inclines.

Even if I drive with the windows down, the fragrance is lost momentarily and the minute I wind the windows back up and switch on the AC, the fresh citrus fragrance is back within minutes. All in all, a superb product, and good VFM at 250 bucks. I ordered it through Ebay.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:09   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
The Areon gel-based tins are superb. All in all, a superb product, and good VFM at 250 bucks. I ordered it through Ebay.
Hey I had got a gift of this Areon perfume quite sometime back. The flavor or variety was called "Passion". You should try that sometime. Anywhere in Bangalore we can get this? How long did it last for you?
Old 9th October 2012, 14:24   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Hey I had got a gift of this Areon perfume quite sometime back. The flavor or variety was called "Passion". You should try that sometime. Anywhere in Bangalore we can get this? How long did it last for you?
I'll try that flavor the next time I need to replenish it, thanks

It is available in most accessory shops here in Bangalore, just that they charge 10-20 Rs. more than EBay. Since the Ebay seller sends it to your door step anyway and saves you the trouble of going to the shop, I would suggest to order online itself.

They claim that it lasts for upto 8 weeks, but my case outperforms that number! It has been 8 weeks since I got it, and half the gel is still remaining . This could be because I always have the AC on and windows up.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 14:37   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

I'll try that flavor the next time I need to replenish it, thanks
This could be because I always have the AC on and windows up.
One of my friends opted for the one I have saying that it used to keep the cigarette smell away and it really was very effective in doing that. For me however it was a refreshing change over the shaldans and ambi purs.

If it lasts more than 8 weeks then it is really vfm over Myshaldan which for me finished in a month.

Thanks for that under the seat tip. Except I dont have Kagu mats. Will stick a double side tape to hold it in place. Right now its placed in front of my gear knob.

The glade perfume posted by someone else earlier in this thread was too strong for my taste :(
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 00:17   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
I dab 2 cotton balls in Lavender essential oil and stick them in the AC vents for about 3-4 days. The car smells heavenly for the next 2 weeks after which I repeat the same.
Where did you get the Lavender essential oil. Which brand? From the day I have read your post, I am searching for it on different super markets but not getting it. Looks like flipkart has one http://www.flipkart.com/soulflower-e...ODAEP4FPRSGAM6 listed for 218Rs. I will check couple of more shops then try filpkart.

I am also looking for My Shaldan Orange, but not finding one. Big Bazaar had Lemon one.

For now keeping camphor in my car.
Old 8th November 2012, 08:22   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Where did you get the Lavender essential oil. Which brand? From the day I have read your post, I am searching for it on different super markets but not getting it. Looks like flipkart has one http://www.flipkart.com/soulflower-e...ODAEP4FPRSGAM6 listed for 218Rs. I will check couple of more shops then try filpkart.

I am also looking for My Shaldan Orange, but not finding one. Big Bazaar had Lemon one.

I got it from Hypercity in Inorbit Mall in Hyderabad. They have many flavors of essential oils. Also Balaji Grand Bazar in Kothaguda junction has them.

- Krishnan
Old 8th November 2012, 11:07   #339
BHPian

Quote:

Is it safe to keep camphor in the car ?

Especially if you park in the sun etc and if it gets very hot inside?

Cheers.
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 11:31   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Is it safe to keep camphor in the car ?

Especially if you park in the sun etc and if it gets very hot inside?

Cheers.
MKP
Answered in the first post on this page itself. Safer than the liquid based fresheners that some use, in their cars.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 8th November 2012 at 11:38.
Old 8th November 2012, 11:44   #341
BANNED

Hey, this might seem a bit weird and unsafe too.
Is there anyway, you could get a perfume that smells like Petrol? Everyone in my family just loves the smell of Petrol. We all open the car windows when filling up to get that aroma.
I guess that makes us "PetrolHeads"
Old 8th November 2012, 13:32   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I guess that makes us "PetrolHeads"
It's nice for a while, but, you'll feel dizzy and lose concentration in the long run.

Carburetted M800 comes with this smell as default. You'll eventually get bored of it though.
Old 10th November 2012, 19:06   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
I got it from Hypercity in Inorbit Mall in Hyderabad. They have many flavors of essential oils. Also Balaji Grand Bazar in Kothaguda junction has them.

- Krishnan
Hi Krishnan,
I went to Hypercity today but couldn't find the Lavender essential oil. More over, I checked with at least 6 attendants there, but none of them had idea about what I was talking about. Do you remember in which area/block you got that.

Got My Shaldan Lime in the end.
Old 10th November 2012, 20:41   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Krishnan,
I went to Hypercity today but couldn't find the Lavender essential oil. More over, I checked with at least 6 attendants there, but none of them had idea about what I was talking about. Do you remember in which area/block you got that.

Got My Shaldan Lime in the end.
As you enter from the main entrance, on the right side ask for where there are scented candles, etc. The essential oils are kept in that area.

The attendants dont know their left hand from their right hands

- Krishnan
ksakotai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 13:30   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Ordered a Areon Black Ice from ebay yesterday, should be arriving tomorrow, lets see hows the fragrance and performance
Areon's jute based perfumes dont seem to be available any more on ebay.I guess they have been discontinued.I have been a regular user of theirs and even on the Areon website the Black Ice does not appear anymore.Its been replaced by a Black Crystal.Looks like you were lucky to get the last few surviving ones.I guess they are promoting their gel based ones over the jute based perfumes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks