Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 14:09   #181

air spencers (made in Japan) are getting popular here, I hope you have them there as well.

click here for image
Old 19th April 2010, 17:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

The trick to a great smelling car interior is not car perfume alone. I follow the following regimen and anyone who gets in to my car cannot help but comment on how nice it smells/ looks.

1. Buy a separate duster to clean the interiors. The outside duster(s) must never be used inside, NEVER EVER. This is the golden rule to a clean interior & clean = no odour. In fact I use two dusters for the interiors. One for all areas where feet/shoes would be placed such as mats, carpets, door sills and door pads (bottoms only) and one for everything above the feet level such as seats, door levers, switches, dashboard etc

2. If possible use carpet mats and dust them away from the car say twice a week or as need arises. Plastic mats must be dried completely before you put them back in and aired regularly

3. If you use air con then switch off the compressor a couple of hundred meters before you reach your destination. This allows the air to dry out the air con fins and coils etc. This does not allow any mold to grow thereby removing the second biggest source of bad smells. You can adjust the switch off distance per the ambient temperatures.

4. Remove any food particles that may have fallen inside the car and gone under the seats door pockets etc. These are the biggest source of bad odour.

5. Last is the use of a car perfume of your liking.

These are simple steps and once followed regularly the interiors require less and less of your time with each consecutive clean up routine.

Last edited by khoj : 19th April 2010 at 17:50.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2010, 18:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

My Car smells like rain
it is not used very often nowadays.
i started it today after noon and when i switched on AC i got a pleasent smell of first rains,i guess it has to do with AC as it was sunny outside
Old 19th April 2010, 19:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

My Shaldon stock is over.

Using Secret Temptation - Spice Rs.120 desi womens perfume now. I keep it in the dash and spray once in the morning that's it.

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th April 2010 at 19:18.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:55   #185
BHPian

guys.

I have been regularly practicing the habit of switching on the heater after using the A/c for a very long time. I do this a few minutes before switching off my engine and it has prevented that nasty smell from coming out of the blower. And as for the good smelling part I am not using any jazzy stuff, but a simple perfumed candle that sits on the bottle holder of my car. This combination has kept my car fresh smelling for most of the times !
Old 19th April 2010, 22:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

My car currently smells like a new car should

Once the perfume given by the showroom guys is exhausted [which should be pretty soon] i would pick up the little tree to try for starters and see how it works!
Old 20th April 2010, 07:02   #187
knp
BHPian

LittleTree smells lot better than any other perfume. I had tried almost all the available brands and didn't like them. finally, I had picked-up little tree (lemon -yellow flavor) from Reliance AutoZone for around 70.00 and it's very good..I am happy with that.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:29   #188
BHPian

hey Guys , i infact will second that ... i have asked my Friend in Washington to
send me a stocks of Blueberry Tree hangy earlier i was using a bottle of Gel based
Purple coloured perfume named 'QUARY' which was FOC by the Accessory guy who had done the autocop and sun flim & ICE in my GP
Old 20th April 2010, 09:35   #189
BHPian

Aerosol Spray

I hope a can of this would make
life smell good while the wheels turns ...round and round

URL :Professional Car Care*::*Perfumes & Fragrances*::*AOT Aerosol Odor Terminator™

Cheers
TND
Attached Thumbnails
How does your car smell-aerosol-spray.jpg  

Last edited by torqueyTND : 20th April 2010 at 09:37.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:34   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
I hope a can of this would make
life smell good while the wheels turns ...round and round

URL :Professional Car Care*::*Perfumes & Fragrances*::*AOT Aerosol Odor Terminator™

Cheers
TND
Aerosol will defenitely make your car smell good, but what will happen to Ozone then ! Something to think about..I know its

Last edited by s3va : 20th April 2010 at 12:38. Reason: removed excessive smileys
Old 20th April 2010, 12:46   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone know of a "leather air freshner"? I sat in a friends Range Rover the other day and it seemed like new, I asked him how he still had the new car smell and he said the car is over a year old, it's the leather fragrance air freshener that does the trick.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:11   #192
BHPian

Bad odour may give you and indication of an inherent problem in your car.

For example the a/c drain pipe is clogged/leaking the car can smell really bad.
or if the Carpets gets wet because of a missing Floor Grommet or your car is plain dirty and requires a vaccum . In all these cases the car is screaming in its own way to get your attention.

The ignorant among us turn to some Nerve Piercing Perfume to cover up the foul smell.

The key to keeping your car smelling pleasant is as follows:

1. Avoid using any perfume in your car.
2. Regularly Vaccum your car to remove all dirt&dust.
3. Not a Bad Idea to Leave the car with doors open after a weekend wash. Just to freshen up the interiors.
4. Clean and Dry the Floor Mats regularly.
5. Try to avoid taking food or even smoking in the car.
6. Any foul smell calls for immediate trouble shooting and corrective action and not a cover up.

Most of us spend time washing and polishing the car but in the end forget to clear the garbage inside the car. I have even seen Drivers eating lunch inside the car while waiting outside their bosses office. Now don't expect your cars to smell pleasant after treating it that way.
All Cars come smelling Really pleasant from the factory, and I am sure if you maintain it well it would continue to smell pleasant for a long time.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 10th August 2010 at 20:12.
Old 10th August 2010, 23:55   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Anyone know of a "leather air freshner"? I sat in a friends Range Rover the other day and it seemed like new, I asked him how he still had the new car smell and he said the car is over a year old, it's the leather fragrance air freshener that does the trick.
That is called the "New Car" aroma/smell/perfume. It is a hugely popular in the US of A but surprisingly not available here.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:21   #194
BHPian

My car doesnt smell that good.

Read here

The fragrance is my shaldan lemon. I had to throw that out to get rid of the smell issue only to find it was the mats that were causing the issue
Old 15th August 2010, 05:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
LittleTree smells lot better than any other perfume. I had tried almost all the available brands and didn't like them. finally, I had picked-up little tree (lemon -yellow flavor) from Reliance AutoZone for around 70.00 and it's very good..I am happy with that.
This brand does seem to have a great history - Little Trees
Wonder where I can get it in Cochin/Trivandrum ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks