Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 13:49   #211
xsc
BANNED

Re: How does your car smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Anyone know of a "leather air freshner"? I sat in a friends Range Rover the other day and it seemed like new, I asked him how he still had the new car smell and he said the car is over a year old, it's the leather fragrance air freshener that does the trick.
Available in the Little tree fragrance range.
Old 15th December 2010, 23:02   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsc View Post
Available in the Little tree fragrance range.
If ya talking about "new car fragrance" from Little Tree, pl stay away from it. I bought it today and on my way back home i threw it off. Just couldnt take the smell of it.

But heard Little Tree has some nice ones.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:12   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
My car never smells. The little smell i get are probably undertones of issey miyake.

cleaned everyday from outside. On sundays, from inside too.

Bad weather; windows up and a/c. Good weather/ Night driving ; Windows down with music.
I guess this is right. i still roll down my windows at times,especially when am taking sharp turns or i when i think the traffic is akin to a herd of animals . the hand comes in handy.

will stop doing it.

could anyone name me a aerosol spray ? i do not prefer fruity or flowery smells.
Old 9th March 2011, 11:45   #214
BHPian

with the summer approaching again, the AC started smelling little wierd. The damp smell is not what i am very comfortable with. Good that I came across this thread.

wifey had a nice deo which was old but unused as it was not working (spray mechanism). I took a small pin, worked around with the spray thing and voila, in a few minutes, it started working. I'm now gladly using it in the car. Just a few sprays per day while starting in the morning and car stays fresh for entire day.

Height of Reuse strategy..?
Old 9th March 2011, 15:26   #215
Senior - BHPian

I usually put some Camphor powder in a hanky/muslin cloth , fold it and leave it in one of the storage areas on the door.

This absorbs all the bad smell and when i enter the car (summer / monsoons ), i hardly get any bad smell. I dont use any other perfumes or ambipur types because i get a headache. The camphor works best for me.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:44   #216
BHPian

Well after trying all ranging from my deo, ambi pure and soon upto that korean wax perfume (sheldon), finally enjoying the "potpourri" basket with varying flavours. Its more long lasting and everytime I enter, I can feel the freshness.

Also keeping a can of car freshner spray handy.
Old 6th April 2011, 16:53   #217
BHPian

Might sound a bit wierd, but I like the smell of the old cars like the Ambassdors, Premier Padmini etc. They have a distinct smell!!

Well, apart from this, in present day, I have used Ambypur, and everytime cursed my self on buying it. Now have bought second can of Shaldan. I want to get something different. Not that I dont like the fruit smell, but want something which is something more to my taste. Haven't been able to find that fragnance yet . :(

I dont like spraying deos or room freshners in the car. Let the product do what it is meant to do!!

Cheers!
Old 6th April 2011, 17:04   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

I got this "new car smell" thing free from autobacs in sg.
it IS the new car smell, confirmed.
But very strange application thing.
Its like a can of tuna, you roll of the lid, put it under your seat.
The can has 3 pieces of thick foamy(non-compressible) material.
Best part , setting the smell aside, is that it doesnt saturate the car with the smell when left parked.
Old 6th April 2011, 18:51   #219
BHPian

My car smells of - Myshaldan, and Myshaldan only. *Heaven*
I used to use little trees (the hanging thing), but then, they don't last that long.
I'm not sure if the little trees "New car spray" that I have really works. I guess I should try again in my old M800.
I did get one car perfume free with my i10, and it smelled great too; don't remember the name though, but it is available in most shops. Looks more like a "tape" bubble gum holder.
My family and me get headaches if we use the "Ambi Pur", "Air Wick" and other devices we stick onto the AC vents, so, I don't use them.
We used to have a Poppy Grace Mate in our Fiat and Maruti, and both worked well.
But Myshaldan is the best, followed by the hanging "little tree".
Old 7th April 2011, 11:26   #220
BHPian

My car has a very neutral smell. When I get into it, I don't sense any small, rather it takes in the smell of its occupant(s).

I keep a aerosol of Ambi-Pur room freshener (currently, Ocean Mist) in the glove box just to mitigate the situation when passing through a stinky area. I've found it pretty good as the scent is very subtle and it leaves no spray/mist marks on the upholstery or the roof. One small press and you're surrounded by refreshing scent.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:23   #221
J.Ravi

After exhausting the free AmbiPur sponsored by Concorde Motors at the time of delivery of my Linea, I have been using Glade Sport car perfume [I got 3 such Thailand manufactured packs along with a car model for my Autocar subscription]. I have unpacked the last one today.
How does your car smell-dsc04114.jpg

Old 27th June 2011, 16:30   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
If ya talking about "new car fragrance" from Little Tree, pl stay away from it. I bought it today and on my way back home i threw it off. Just couldnt take the smell of it.

But heard Little Tree has some nice ones.
Yes, Little Trees is the worst perfume i ever experienced. I will never go for anything similar to this also.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:05   #223
Senior - BHPian

I am not that big fan of little trees - a cousin gifted me two dozen of bouquet flavor and even after giving away to my friends and couple of Team BHPians, i ended up with a lot. Mostly the repeated use did it for me - now the moment I think of Little trees, I want to throw them out. Shalden neo is good - used them for some time, now using a aerosol spray in my Vista and a Chinese make one gifted by my friend in my Punto. Plan to buy a bottle of Obsession or Eternity and keep it in the car when this and rest of my current supply dries off.
Old 28th June 2011, 06:44   #224
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

myshaldan lime or lemon gives a very nice fragrance
long lasting too - at least 2 months or so
Old 28th June 2011, 12:44   #225

After having tried many I now use freshly groung coffee powder in a cloth pouch to keep the car smelling heavenly. Needs a change every two months or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks