Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 11:49   #196
BHPian

Guys, The brand 'MAROMA' of auroville has opened a store at the EA mall in chennai. I have got some perfurmed sacks from there. They are the best. Chennai fellas can get the best perfume for their car from here.... This is FYAI
Old 8th December 2010, 16:12   #197

Re: How does your car smell

Hi. I have been having a problem with the car perfume. i have tried the a/c vent type bottle. But it was hopeless. Currently i bought this stick-on-dash poppy bottle ( jasmine flavor ). its been a week and i am still unhappy. i am at a loss. In acute desperation i just opened the bottle screw cap completely so as to expose the perfume wick completely . No use. Whats going wrong?

I finally have been spraying 2 puffs of body perfume . 'cos its pricey that way i can't make it a routine. Guys please help !
Old 8th December 2010, 18:28   #198
Senior - BHPian

does your car smell bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavithareddy.kk View Post
Hi. I have been having a problem with the car perfume.
But what is the problem? you have not mentioned anything regarding the same only mentioned the remedies that you have been trying.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:37   #199
Senior - BHPian

Re: does your car smell bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
But what is the problem? you have not mentioned anything regarding the same only mentioned the remedies that you have been trying.
His problem is the car perfume is not serving its purpose inspite of all tried options.

Have you tried Myshaldon perfumes? You need to keep them upright and not stick to the ac vents, They are very effective.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:44   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavithareddy.kk View Post
Hi. I have been having a problem with the car perfume. i have tried the a/c vent type bottle. But it was hopeless. Currently i bought this stick-on-dash poppy bottle ( jasmine flavor ). its been a week and i am still unhappy. i am at a loss. In acute desperation i just opened the bottle screw cap completely so as to expose the perfume wick completely . No use. Whats going wrong?

I finally have been spraying 2 puffs of body perfume . 'cos its pricey that way i can't make it a routine. Guys please help !
If your car lacks a good interior smell and the perfumes does not help so much, then try spraying the room freshener inside every night when you lock the car. Next full day you will have a good fragrance of the room freshener inside. I tried it and it was good.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:47   #201
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I am using My Shaldon for over a year. Cost around 200 and will last around 45 days, my favourite is Orange.
Old 8th December 2010, 19:34   #202
mgh
BHPian

All of them come with a choice of scents.
With ambi pur, try their aroma therapy range, the aromas are quite subtle and non-irritating. most of the others in their range, are too strong for me.

Last edited by mgh : 8th December 2010 at 19:39.
Old 8th December 2010, 22:10   #203

I hate any sort of perfumes/car fresheners. They just smell weird. Sometimes though, I squirt a dash of Hugo Boss or CK just to make it smell like me. But usually smells like McDonalds or a wada pav, or in the rains, like Makkai. Sometimes like fresh Fart as well...
Old 8th December 2010, 23:21   #204
Senior - BHPian

My car smells sweet, Vanilla to be accurate.
Its a small tin can I got from @Home. Don't remember the name. But very happy.
Old 8th December 2010, 23:30   #205
BHPian

My car never smells. The little smell i get are probably undertones of issey miyake.

cleaned everyday from outside. On sundays, from inside too.

Bad weather; windows up and a/c. Good weather/ Night driving ; Windows down with music.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
But usually smells like McDonalds or a wada pav, or in the rains, like Makkai. Sometimes like fresh Fart as well...
I agree. Sometimes the smell really pathetic. I have a Mahindra Logan and today I removed the floor mats in order to find out if they are the culprit. Haven't had any luck with couple of car perfumes also. I was also wondering why this problem is not there in my Dad's esteem.

Last edited by Sush : 9th December 2010 at 11:41.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:56   #207
LNK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43
I hate any sort of perfumes/car fresheners. They just smell weird. Sometimes though, I squirt a dash of Hugo Boss or CK just to make it smell like me. But usually smells like McDonalds or a wada pav, or in the rains, like Makkai. Sometimes like fresh Fart as well...

I usually don't log in that often, but this post really set me ROFL!

I use Ambipur, I put up with it even though i don't like it. Probably will get a "leather scented" one to give it a near new car feel.
Old 10th December 2010, 02:45   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Sometimes the smell really pathetic. I have a Mahindra Logan and today I removed the floor mats in order to find out if they are the culprit. Haven't had any luck with couple of car perfumes also. I was also wondering why this problem is not there in my Dad's esteem.
Most of the time, fabric seats would be the culprit. Try dry cleaning them.
I have the same case of smelly seats, but I really cant help it, because long journeys spill drinkables/eatables on the seats and make them smelly.
Well, my poor car has even had a bucket of fish in its boot for more than 100kms, so you can imagine.
Old 10th December 2010, 05:53   #209
Team-BHP Support

I got a packet of car perfume spray from Home Center which has a vanilla fragrance. Occassionally, i spray this onto the AC vents with the AC turned on, and the fragrance is really refreshing.

The fragrance has been highly appreciated by friends who have accompanied me in my car. I tried this after being fed up with Ambipur which didnt even last a week, but costs a fortune despite it. Even with more than half the bottle remaining, there was absolutely no effect!
Old 10th December 2010, 07:23   #210
BHPian

I don't know how handy this would be in India but here in Auss I use fabric conditioner/softener as car fragrance (sounds strange isn't it but it works very well). I simply buy a smallest pouch pack of a fabric conditioner/softener with fragrance of my choice and leave it in one of the bottle holders (without opening or piercing through) and forget about it. This product has strong enough fragrance to freshen up the car ambiance and mild enough not to give headaches. This saves me money on Ambi pur or likes (this pouch costs about $2 as compared to $6-$10 Ambi Pur refills) while leaving my car smelling good all the time without wasting Deo\perfumes on the car (unless you like this) .

Here is an snapshot of what I am talking about. (Not sure if similar products are available in India though)
Name:  Fluffy.bmp
Views: 4133
Size:  170.4 KB

PS:Please disregard my suggestion if you have young kids at home who tag along while you travel. Otherwise you'll be cursing me while using your elbow grease to clean up the spill.

Last edited by Punzabi : 10th December 2010 at 07:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks