Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 22:48   #211
BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Flanker, 3M PPF does come with warranty. I had mine replaced free of cost one time within 3 months and after that for last 2+ years no issue at all. I have no issue of discoloration as well. cheers
Hello Waxeloquent. Can you recall if your 3M invoice looked like this?

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-img_0583.jpg

In my case the warranty is shown only next to the anti-rust coating and not the PPF. Anyways, good thing I didn't go for the PPF for the bumpers. Would have cost a bomb and I doubt if it would have stayed on for long. Will visit the workshop and see what they have to say about it.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:57   #212
BHPian

Yes Flanker pretty similar to the invoice you posted. I am sure 3M Franchisee will honor the warranty with the seal exclusions. Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 23:13   #213
BHPian

Has anyone used diamondbrite treatment recently. If yes then what has been your experience with it?. Is the treatment durable. Currently Toyota also is offering this treatment.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:22   #214
BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Wanted to do Paint protection on my Ertiga ZDi +. After reading through the forum found that Waxoyl and Diamond brite treatment offer good protection. Also these 2 treatment do not use rubbing compound hence paint is not cut. I am a little confused as to which treatment should I opt for. Both are quoting Rs 4000.

Request the fellow BHpians who have done the treatment or have info to advice . Thank in advance.
Old 20th February 2016, 03:55   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Has anyone used diamondbrite treatment recently. If yes then what has been your experience with it?. Is the treatment durable. Currently Toyota also is offering this treatment.
Diamondbrite... They claim that it means never having to polish you car, or, at least, not for a long time.

Wow: guess who's the lazy one around here? That certainly appeals to me!

Any Chennai experiences or thoughts on this? Also, can it be used on a car that is already a couple of years old?
Old 24th February 2016, 08:53   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Wanted to do Paint protection on my Ertiga ZDi +. After reading through the forum found that Waxoyl and Diamond brite treatment offer good protection. Also these 2 treatment do not use rubbing compound hence paint is not cut. I am a little confused as to which treatment should I opt for. Both are quoting Rs 4000.

Request the fellow BHpians who have done the treatment or have info to advice . Thank in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Diamondbrite...

Any Chennai experiences or thoughts on this? Also, can it be used on a car that is already a couple of years old?
Nothing? OK, as soon as I become a car owner again, we'll call up the Chennai distributors, Everbright. They are not far away from my house. Will report.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:42   #217
BHPian

Recently got Waxoyl treatment for my 2016 Ecosport at Satyam Ford Thane. I am including their Mumbai contact details and price quotes below.

Contacts:

Address:
Narayanan. R
Regional Manager
Opulent Auto Care Pvt. Ltd.
137-138, Solaris-1, B Wing, 1st Floor,
Opposite L&T Gate No:6,
Saki Vihar Road, Andheri East
Mumbai 400072.
Tel. No: 022 - 28575565

Email:
narayanan@opulentindia.com
arvind@opulentindia.com

Price for Ecosport:

100 Plus Exterior Care & Protection Rs.3767/-
UPT Interior Care & Protection Rs.1549/-
Motor Care Engine Care & Protection Rs.395/-
Hardwax Underbody Protection Rs.3088/-
Professional Cavity Protection Rs.3088/-
Corrosion Protection Cavity & Underbody Rs.5770/-
Total Care & Protection Value Retaining Package Rs.11887/-
Old 28th July 2016, 23:56   #218
BHPian

Has anyone done the Sensha Coating? It is supposed to be of 9H hardness.
Old 23rd October 2016, 23:31   #219
BHPian

There is a rubberised coating by the name of Max Protect UNCR which is being done by a detailer in Ludhiana,Punjab. They claim it to be lasting for at least 3 years and saving the car from ill effects of pollution and daily abuse. Anyone heard of it. Should I go for such a coating for paint protection in my New Baleno Fire Red? If not this one, then any other coating suggested for paint protection.
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th October 2016, 01:09   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
There is a rubberised coating by the name of Max Protect UNCR which is being done by a detailer in Ludhiana,Punjab. ...
I thought, "Rubber? Who would want to make their car rubbery?"

Then I read here
Quote:
extremely glossy and silky smooth surface
Curious!
Old 24th October 2016, 14:40   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I thought, "Rubber? Who would want to make their car rubbery?"

Then I read here

Curious!
I thought so too, but saw work done on a couple of cars and thought of getting the same done. Actually I was more interested in knowing whether we should go for this kind of coating or not. Keeping your new car's paint protected is every auto lovers dream and especially when the colour is red.
Any thoughts behind that sir ?
Old 24th October 2016, 22:20   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Any thoughts behind that sir ?
Nothing useful. Even though my car is not new, I would love to find a protective coat that makes it shine while preventing swirls and other minor damage. At a reasonable price!

Not only is it difficult, but finding the true, dedicated, sincere detailers is a challenge too.
Old 27th April 2017, 07:51   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy308 View Post
Dear Members
I would like to mention that 3M Car Care has opened its outlet in Coimbatore on Trichy Road near TAFE some 10 days back. Looking forward to getting my new Honda City over there. Mr Jaiprakash Narayan is the contact man over there and i went there yesterday to get an idea of their services. Very nice first opinion as of now.
Hi Noddy,
Did you finally get the 3M treatment for your car? Would like to know your experience and feedback.
Content Reactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 22:56   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The Moot question in each of our minds is which paint protection is Good, which gives the maximum shine, is it a Must Have or a Good to Have product, which is VFM so forth and so on.
Thanks. It was very helpful. Well described in few words. I chose Waxoyl. It was also recommended by Globe Toyota. All scratches are gone on my Fortuner [2013, Metallic Grey]. They gave me 18 months maintenance package in just Rs. 6000 rs. The Car looks fantastic after the coat.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st November 2018 at 23:39. Reason: Quote edited. Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thanks!
Old 6th November 2018, 07:57   #225

I got my new Ciaz delivered to me yesterday. I would like to implement some sort of paint protection as I will be parking in an open space when I go to office. Reading the comments in the thread, I am confused. Do I need to do any sort of paint protection or do regular waxing?
I primarily want to protect the car from bird droppings.

Last edited by SDP : 6th November 2018 at 08:21. Reason: Last day -> yesterday :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks