Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 21:21   #196
BHPian

Just the thread I was about to search for.

Have decided on getting Waxoyl underbody and in-body spray done. They spray into the arches, inside doors, and even inside the difficult to reach running boards and so on.
The inside body Waxoyl is a clear liquid which apparently stops rust and if there is any present, neutralizes it/doesn't let it grow.
The underbody is a black liquid quite like Dinitrol I suppose. They will spray it on after the underside has been wire-brushed to remove old sealant and dirt, etc.
They have quoted 5-7000 as a ball park figure, to do all the above. And they will come to the garage that I prefer rather than I going to a particular place.
The engine bay cleaner sound good, will get that done too if it's just ₹300 extra.
Old 7th November 2013, 09:05   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post

Look at the pics and let me know if you need any information.
Nice work

Did not know Hyderabad had a waxoyl out let.
Can you please share the address
Old 15th November 2013, 15:46   #198
BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Nice work

Did not know Hyderabad had a waxoyl out let.
Can you please share the address
Opulent Auto care India Pvt. Ltd., West Marredpally, Hyderabad
Contact Person - Mr. Kumar
Ph: 9949488666

To all members, please call if you are interested in waxoyl treatments to your jazzy ladies out there..
Old 17th December 2013, 14:19   #199

Can anyone tell me where I can get this done in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I got done Waxoyl 100 plus paint sealant for my new Amaze. I am quite satisfied with the results. The shine has improved a lot and the surface is also a lot more smooth to the touch. It is a 3 step process which starts with a use of a buffing compound and then goes on to use their other ingredients (which I don't know the precise name for). I only hope it lasts long enough to justify the price (paid Rs 2.5 k for it). Also got done the Motor Care Engine Protector (Rs 300)which a much simpler process - they just spray it on to the engine. Ends up making the engine bay look all shiny, but am more interested in the protection it is supposed to provide against rusting.

Overall, I think the Waxoyl treatment is much more cost effective than 3M's. For instance the engine treatment at 3M is Rs 1000+.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:41   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavecplan View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can get this done in Mumbai?
Hers the contact: Mr. Rajesh of Opulent India rajeshm@opulentindia.com. 9920539995

I got it done at their office near L&T. It seems they also have tie-ups with certain car dealerships.
Old 6th January 2014, 09:47   #201
BHPian

I want to get some kind of paint protection done for my new DZire.
And after reading the posts above, I find the waxoyl to be the most agreed upon choice.
Is Waxoyl better than the Paint Protection Film offered by 3M?
Can someone tell me where can I get the Waxoyl treatment done in Delhi/NCR?
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:45   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Can someone tell me where can I get the Waxoyl treatment done in Delhi/NCR?
I am on the same page as you, pls share the details if you find.
Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:44   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
I am on the same page as you, pls share the details if you find.
Thanks
I did not find any place where I could get waxoyl treatment done, so I gave a double coat of Collinite 845 wax myself to the car. Saved the money & loved the end result. Maybe you can try that too.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 12:37   #204

Dear Members
I would like to mention that 3M Car Care has opened its outlet in Coimbatore on Trichy Road near TAFE some 10 days back. Looking forward to getting my new Honda City over there. Mr Jaiprakash Narayan is the contact man over there and i went there yesterday to get an idea of their services. Very nice first opinion as of now.
noddy308 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 16:16   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Its a fantastic product- i have been using it for 3 years now. A bottle is about 450 rs but lasts for 2 years. I usually apply once in a month but its recommended once in 3 months. .
I have got many people ask me where i live once i applied it- it had a telling effect on my black santro and even my current cars
I would highly recommend it- also the Car Wash which is the best car cleaner i see( much better than 3M and Vista).
PM me if you need more info or how to get it

Quoting a 5 year old quote.
Earlier I was happy with the Motomax stuff - but it wasn't that long lasting.
Until I purchased this on my BIL's recommendation.
I second to your usage of Amway's Silicone glaze and Car wash products. I purchased the Silicone glaze only yesterday and am immensely satisfied with the product. I can vouch that they are at par with 3M products if not better.

I was amazed at the glistening effect it had on my motorbike. On black surfaces - it is shiny and has an almost mirror like feel to it! It was easy to source through their distributing agents and cost me 494/- and 278/- respectively.
I preferred the silicone glaze due to its versatility of being able to use on most other household items and equipments too. They also don't require that much usage.

White is an easy colour to maintain on my car with the Amway Car wash that I have been using close to a decade and without any fancy car wash/ waxing procedures. Though the glaze or any wax's effect on white surfaces is not visible.

But PPF is also good to keep scratches at bay. It looks glossy but lacks the sharp appearance of a general surface. It appears having an orange peel effect to the paint.

For regular cleaning the Amway is really impressive.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-img_20150216_145729.jpg  

ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 17:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy308 View Post
Dear Members

I would like to mention that 3M Car Care has opened its outlet in Coimbatore on Trichy Road near TAFE some 10 days back. Looking forward to getting my new Honda City over there. Mr Jaiprakash Narayan is the contact man over there and i went there yesterday to get an idea of their services. Very nice first opinion as of now.

I was at this place some 6 months back to get my BIL's 2 year old wagon R polished, waxed etc. They did a terrific job. As I am from Bangalore I was surprised and happy to find they have Madhu's wheel alignment and balancing available there Overall a great experience and very nice bunch of people.
Cheers
Old 14th June 2015, 12:29   #207
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a Carnelian red Honda Mobilio. The dealer said he has done Diamondbrite paint sealant complimentary. As I park the car under a tree, I was planning to do 3M paint sealant. Is there any way to confirm that Diamondbrite paint sealant was done? No warranty was given as it was complimentary. Water does not bead like after a good wax job.
Old 18th August 2015, 21:04   #208
BHPian

Hello to all.

I had 3M's PPF installed on the external rear view mirrors of my car around 2 weeks back (2nd of August). However the film seems to be coming off at a few places already.

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-20150818_093819_m.jpg

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-20150818_093803_m.jpg

I got in touch with the concerned workshop to enquire if the PPF was covered any warranty. I was told that although there is no warranty they will have a look at the issue and see how it can be resolved.

Can somebody tell me, short of replacing the entire film, what could be the solution? Does nicking off the spoilt part of the film with a blade prevent the damage from spreading further?
Old 19th August 2015, 14:03   #209
BHPian

Flanker, 3M PPF does come with warranty. I had mine replaced free of cost one time within 3 months and after that for last 2+ years no issue at all. I have no issue of discoloration as well. cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 14:26   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Can somebody tell me, short of replacing the entire film, what could be the solution? Does nicking off the spoilt part of the film with a blade prevent the damage from spreading further?
If you want to do it neat, you may eventually cut through the paint. Elease you may leave an edge that is slightly exposed after it is cut. Better to replace. Else try cutting, and if it works, should be ok. Else discard and put a new film.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks