Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 22:16   #181
BANNED

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravee_nk View Post
I have got paint protection film done at 3M car care at HSR layout. Now the question I have is can I use the Meguiars quick detailer on that part of the vehicle where there is film? Thanks!
How much did it cost you ?

No need to use detailer on the film.
Old 13th April 2013, 13:20   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
How much did it cost you ?

No need to use detailer on the film.
Well, the cost of PPF is about Rs400 per SFT. One can choose the area one wants covered based one's experience
on likely areas to come in contact with other vehicles. In fact Mr. Siddhu and Mr. Pradeep at 3M HSR Layout ensured
the excess film (when it is cut for contour coverage) is also used up In Duster there are bulgy sides and they lead to
some excess scrap than other vehicles is my guess.

As for using the quick detailer, after checking Meguiars online FAQs, I went ahead and covered the areas where there
is some PPF. It is hard to buff excluding those areas. So far it looks good. 3M also advises not to use abrasive stuff,
wax/detailing is ok.

The warranty is for 5 years and is against color fading and delamination of film. I am very delighted except for one minor
thing I noticed post 2 weeks the installation. I will try to post a picture. A couple film ends on the body show up particularly
when some dirt settles :( May be Siddhu and team will give me some ideas to address that

Cheers
Old 14th April 2013, 16:58   #183
BHPian

Does anyone know of a place in Bangalore where one can get a minor scratch off the windshield? Scratch caused by some flying particle, is not noticeable but on close inspection can catch it. Or is there DIY way? Thanks & cheers
Old 27th May 2013, 18:12   #184
BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

I got done Waxoyl 100 plus paint sealant for my new Amaze. I am quite satisfied with the results. The shine has improved a lot and the surface is also a lot more smooth to the touch. It is a 3 step process which starts with a use of a buffing compound and then goes on to use their other ingredients (which I don't know the precise name for). I only hope it lasts long enough to justify the price (paid Rs 2.5 k for it). Also got done the Motor Care Engine Protector (Rs 300)which a much simpler process - they just spray it on to the engine. Ends up making the engine bay look all shiny, but am more interested in the protection it is supposed to provide against rusting.

Overall, I think the Waxoyl treatment is much more cost effective than 3M's. For instance the engine treatment at 3M is Rs 1000+.
Old 17th July 2013, 13:11   #185
BHPian

Anybody has recent experience with Diamondbrite? Pride Honda, Hyd is offering exterior treatment for 3k. Looking to get my City S-MT (Mar'13) spruced up!
Old 31st July 2013, 14:35   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I got done Waxoyl 100 plus paint sealant for my new Amaze. I am quite satisfied with the results. The shine has improved a lot and the surface is also a lot more smooth to the touch. It is a 3 step process which starts with a use of a buffing compound and then goes on to use their other ingredients (which I don't know the precise name for). I only hope it lasts long enough to justify the price (paid Rs 2.5 k for it). Also got done the Motor Care Engine Protector (Rs 300)which a much simpler process - they just spray it on to the engine. Ends up making the engine bay look all shiny, but am more interested in the protection it is supposed to provide against rusting.

Overall, I think the Waxoyl treatment is much more cost effective than 3M's. For instance the engine treatment at 3M is Rs 1000+.
Hi Top Gear

Can you please tell me from where you did this treatment as I have seen pictures in your Amaze thread & the looked impressive. Request you to share shop address & contact No.

Thanks in advance
Old 31st July 2013, 15:20   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post

Hi Top Gear

Can you please tell me from where you did this treatment as I have seen pictures in your Amaze thread & the looked impressive. Request you to share shop address & contact No.

Thanks in advance
I tried to PM you, but couldn't.

Here are the details:
*Rajesh Menon
Opulent Auto Care Pvt Ltd*
*Solaris 1, 'B' wing,137/138*
*Opp L&T gate no 6*
*Saki Vihar Road*
*Andheri (East)*
*Mumbai -400072
GSM +91-9920539995 / 022-28575565
Email-rajeshm@opulentindia.com*
Website-www.opulentindia.com
Old 1st August 2013, 12:43   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
I tried to PM you, but couldn't.

Here are the details:
*Rajesh Menon
Opulent Auto Care Pvt Ltd*
*Solaris 1, 'B' wing,137/138*
*Opp L&T gate no 6*
*Saki Vihar Road*
*Andheri (East)*
*Mumbai -400072
GSM +91-9920539995 / 022-28575565
Email-rajeshm@opulentindia.com*
Website-www.opulentindia.com
Hey Top Gear Thanks for the Info, will update once I visit them to get Paint & Underbody treatment done
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:53   #189
BHPian

Does anyone know from where can i get the Waxoyl services done here in Pune?
Old 5th August 2013, 21:27   #190
BHPian

Anybody providing Waxoyl services in Bangalore? TIA.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:33   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Anybody providing Waxoyl services in Bangalore? TIA.
Orange Care Solutions, Bangalore
My contact was Rajeev - +91-95919-75423
They come home and also have tie-ups with various authorized service centers also.

Got my Spark treated to 100plus sealant yesterday. They did a good job.
I got mine done at home. So the basic requirement was to give them a wiped clean car.
It was a 3 step process of rubbing, glossing and sealant.

While rubbing and glossing is done by machine. The 100plus sealant is a squeeze sponge.

Last edited by HillMan : 10th October 2013 at 10:56.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 16:57   #192
BHPian

Gosh I'd forgotten this thread and my post. Just yesterday got CQuartz treatment done by Mohsin (Ultimate Detailrz).

I'll see how it works out.

Thanks for the info.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 20:56   #193
BHPian

A year old XUV 5OO getting treated with Waxoyl 100 Plus paint protection.

It first started at 8: 00 AM with pressure wash and shampooing of the car and made it clean.

After cleaning the car, they have observed many white spots and some slight scratches and so decided to use a moisturizer and rubbing compound to remove them.

And then started the Waxoyl process:

First step: applying rubbing compound - 1 hr
2nd Step: applied finishing compound - 1 hr
3rd step: applied final finish - 1 hr
4th and final step: Applied 100 Plus sealant - 30 mins + 20 mins waiting

The team was very keen on every corner and ensured a job well done.

Final result: Absolutely satisfied. No questions asked. I was surprised with the results. The lost shine and smoothness has regained its charm.

Look at the pics and let me know if you need any information.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_001.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_002.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_005.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_006.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_007.jpg  

3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite-wp_20131020_008.jpg  

Last edited by balenoboy : 21st October 2013 at 20:58. Reason: uploading pics
balenoboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 17:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
A year old XUV 5OO getting treated with Waxoyl 100 Plus paint protection.

Final result: Absolutely satisfied. No questions asked. I was surprised with the results. The lost shine and smoothness has regained its charm.

Look at the pics and let me know if you need any information.
Looks like new.

@Balenoboy, how much did the Waxoyl 100 Plus paint protection treatment cost you for the XUV500?

They have another similar package called Auto Glaze or something which is approximately a thousand bucks cheaper. Can you tell me why you did not go in for that? They claim the protection period (3 years) is the same (as is the warranty period of 1 year).

I also want to get my Safari Storme (also black) treated for scratches + paint sealant.

Right now thinking between 3M and Waxoyl which one to go for. Any help from experts here would be greatly appreciated please!
Old 26th October 2013, 19:53   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Right now thinking between 3M and Waxoyl which one to go for. Any help from experts here would be greatly appreciated please!
The difference is marginal. You will get a professional wash at 3M.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks