Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 18:54   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Quote:
Heres a pic of such a film that got yellowed.
I think you forgot to add a link?

I remember the film that came on my Swift. It did not discolour, but it did give a ragged edge when damaged. Maybe not a problem to better drivers!
Old 15th August 2012, 11:21   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite

Got the exterior treatment for the ANHC done at Jewel ultra Diamond brite outlet in Bangalore. Most of the swirl marks have been removed. There is a 3 year warranty. Should wait to see how it weathers.
Old 15th August 2012, 18:13   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
There is an outlet in Noida who does this well and uses Waxoyl. Check them out at Welcome To www.exppresscarwash.in

My 1 year old Linea (BossaNova White) with several dust scratches and lost shine is restored really well through their paint protection. They also offer a 1 year warranty on this.

The issue with clear coat rubbing off will exist anyway, but the paint looks lot better now.
I would like to know where in Hyderabad we do have centers for Waxoyl paint protection and how much does it cost for XUV 500? PLease let me know.
Old 19th September 2012, 03:23   #169
BHPian

Any place in Navi Mumbai where I can get the Waxoyl treatment done ?
Old 19th September 2012, 19:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Any place in Navi Mumbai where I can get the Waxoyl treatment done ?
Waxpol outlet i have seen one , but there is a new 3M outlet that has opened up at seawoods. Here is the address if you are interested.

3M Car Care
Gahlot Majesty , Shop no 8/9
Plot no 3A , Sector 46 A
Palm Beach Road , Nerul
Seawood.
Ravi Yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 02:46   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Waxpol outlet i have seen one , but there is a new 3M outlet that has opened up at seawoods. Here is the address if you are interested.

3M Car Care
Gahlot Majesty , Shop no 8/9
Plot no 3A , Sector 46 A
Palm Beach Road , Nerul
Seawood.
Thanks for the reply Ravi. Well I am avoiding 3M because of the whole abrasive thing. Wanted to see if there was an Waxoyl outlet near by.
Old 20th September 2012, 08:06   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Thanks for the reply Ravi. Well I am avoiding 3M because of the whole abrasive thing. Wanted to see if there was an Waxoyl outlet near by.
Hi AnniHilat0R,
Even i was looking out for a waxoyl treatment ,but going down all the way to pune never worked out for me .Dug out these details for Opulent from my previous communication i had with them.Hope this helps. Wish they have come up with a center at Navi Mumbai .

Rajesh Menon
Opulent Auto Care Pvt Ltd
Solaris 1, 'B' wing,137/138
Opp L&T gate no 6
Saki Vihar Road
Andheri (East)
GSM +91-9920539995 / 022-28575565
Old 20th September 2012, 09:39   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Got the exterior treatment for the ANHC done at Jewel ultra Diamond brite outlet in Bangalore. Most of the swirl marks have been removed. There is a 3 year warranty. Should wait to see how it weathers.
Hi, Where exactly is the outlet for Diamond Brite in Bangalore?
How much did it cost you? How old was your car, and can you post some pics?
I am interested in getting it done for my Rapid.
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:18   #174
Senior - BHPian

It was in vidyaranyapura, Bangalore. Cost was 3,500. Will try to post pics after the next wash.

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 22nd September 2012 at 19:19. Reason: Sorry repost. Mods please delete.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:05   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was in vidyaranyapura, Bangalore. Cost was 3,500. Will try to post pics after the next wash.
Thanks. Can you share the contact details or number of the outlet?
Old 30th October 2012, 20:35   #176
Senior - BHPian

I don't have the flyer. I'll let you know next time I'm in Bangalore. It's on Thindlu main road.
Old 11th January 2013, 10:25   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wonder how it will look and feel after a few years? It is hard to imagine a plastic film being as hard as the paint surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Heres a pic of such a film that got yellowed. I am not sure if it is the 3m film that we are talking about here. But it does look bad really!
When I last visited the 3M Car Care in RMV Bangalore, the owner Amit did caution me that the films would turn yellow because of the smoke from traffic and they are not recommended for white color cars.

Regarding the hardness, he gave me a screw driver and asked me to punch a hole in the film, I could not punch a hole though I did apply some good force. I am convinced about the quality/hardness of the film, but the yellowish color change is what keeping me away from it.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:04   #178
BHPian

I have got paint protection film done at 3M car care at HSR layout. Now the question I have is can I use the Meguiars quick detailer on that part of the vehicle where there is film? Thanks!
Old 8th April 2013, 19:26   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Any update on how it has been holding up? What all was done and what was the cost? Address & phone number of the workshop please. Some pics would be much appreciated.

I have a 5 yeard old Palio Stile (Metallic Grey) and I was thinking of going for the popular Paint Sealant package from 3M HSR Layout, but looks like that is not the best thing to do. My car has had its share of wear-n-tear, although does not look anywhere close to a 5-year old. What options do I have to get her a refreshed look?
Old 11th April 2013, 19:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I don't know the phone number.
It is on Thindlu main road.
Car is in Chennai and is still good as new. Don't know how much is due to the treatment.
I got just the exterior treatment done. I thing interiors, 3M with their scotchbrite is better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks