Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2015, 10:33   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Why do you say that ? Since these 12V sockets come with a separate fuse, isn't the wiring safe enough to run such appliances ? When I am vacuuming my car, I make it a point to keep the engine running so the battery doesn't drain, but wasn't aware of any other potential problems.
The Black and Decker car vaccum I have specifically instructs as per manual to NOT keep the engine running when operating vaccum cleaner. There is also a limit of some 10-15 mins post which you should turn off for some time before reusing.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 16:44   #107
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Any comments zzzehar? I'll take the plunge too if your reviews are favorable.
Sorry, didn't get a chance to click the pics but will do if you need them. Here's the review in the interim - highly recommended.

I tested it out (the Hurricane vacuum) over the weekend and was impressed by it. The suction power is very decent by 12v standards, and I did manage to suck up all dust and beach sand grains from my carpet mats. You get four attachments with it (more than you'll ever need), the flat carpet brush, the thin nozzle extension for tight cracks, a brush with 1/2 inch long thick bristles (this is the one I used) and an extension hose - which I didn't use.

I could clean the mats and the roof with ease and, also suck the bits out of cubby holes and boot space. I kept the car idling all the time I was using the vacuum. The wire is long enough to reach all corners and boot of my Swift hatchback. I used it continuously for up to 15 mins and it didn't heat up.

The dust collecting mechanism is too good. It contains a HEPA filter and there is a flap that prevents the dust from coming out when you are using the vacuum. The dust collector is transparent so you can see how much is accumulated. You basically remove the front end transparent cover and empty the collected dust. The HEPA filter could be cleaned by gently tapping in on the wall or use pressurized air if you have access to it. The filter is similar to the paper fiber like filter used for car AC blower.

Overall, I think INR 1600 were well spent. Cleaning the base carpet was always an issue with me trying to pick up the bits with a damp cloth. Similarly, cleaning the cubby holes and the space tyre boot space. I suggest you go for it, it works well.

Hope this helps.
zzzehar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 19:41   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post

I tested it out (the Hurricane vacuum) over the weekend and was impressed by it. The suction power is very decent by 12v standards

Overall, I think INR 1600 were well spent.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton! That's a really detailed review! Have just ordered for it!

Last edited by d_himan : 26th December 2015 at 19:44.
Old 27th December 2015, 12:32   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Sorry, didn't get a chance to click the pics but will do if you need them. Here's the review in the interim - highly recommended.

I tested it out (the Hurricane vacuum) over the weekend and was impressed by it. The suction power is very decent by 12v standards, and I did manage to suck up all dust and beach sand grains from my carpet mats.

Overall, I think INR 1600 were well spent. I suggest you go for it, it works well.

Hope this helps.
Cleaned my car again this Sunday morning using BERGMANN CAR VACUUM CLEANER. Each time I use it, I seem to fall more in love with it. This time I used the hose pipe and felt it was quite handy, especially for areas under the seat. After a 30mins effort, the car inside is spotlessly clean !
Old 27th December 2015, 17:08   #110
BHPian

zzzehar,
Went through your feedback.Just now ordered Bergmann Hurricane Hi-Power Vacuum Cleaner from Amazon.in. Cost is Rs1490(cheaper than Snapdeal)http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B018...omotive&sr=1-8
Expecting it by 1 Jan.
I will share my feedback soon after using it.
Thanks
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 23:47   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
zzzehar,
Went through your feedback.Just now ordered Bergmann Hurricane Hi-Power Vacuum Cleaner from Amazon.in. Cost is Rs1490(cheaper than Snapdeal)http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B018...omotive&sr=1-8
Expecting it by 1 Jan.
I will share my feedback soon after using it.
Thanks
That's a great price. Ironically, I work with Amazon but we didn't carry the product when I wanted to order it, so went with Snapdeal. By the way, yesterday I also saw a sweet lightening deal on Amazon for the low powered 'Tornado' variant for about INR 630 but I have no regrets. The vacuum is supposed to do one job only and that is to have strong suction and there isn't a better 12v product than this in the market. Moreover, it comes with one year warranty through the importer in Bombay. I don't see much going wrong with it anyway.

Just noticed that the Amazon product page also has a lot more details than Snapdeal, the pictures are very detailed and cover everything in the box. Go for it.

Last edited by zzzehar : 27th December 2015 at 23:49.
zzzehar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 19:20   #112
BHPian

Re: Car Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Thanks a ton! That's a really detailed review! Have just ordered for it!
@d_himan - We are waiting for your feedback. Let us know how you like it.

Its really nice that such good products are also available in the market today, which is otherwise flooded with poor quality Chinese goods. Hats off to the company that brought this to India at such a fantastic price ! Guys, lets encourage such products and post our reviews on snapdeal and amazon. I have given it a 5-Star rating and posted a nice review, which I think the product truly deserved.
ashm99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

I read the reviews here and bought a Coido 6132. I was happy with that, until, one day I borrowed my uncle's B&D AV 1205.
Wow! Life was so much easier with that! What took almost 20 mins on my Coido, could be done in around 5 mins on the B&D. I was tempted to make the purchase!

But then, I read reviews of the Bergmann. The suction was praised a lot, but there weren't any comparative observations.
I took a gamble and bought the Bergmann Hurricane. I paid Rs.1480/- on Amazon.

Today, I had a chance to compare the three...

Car Vacuum Cleaner-img_20160102_121637.jpg

Build:

The Coido, though cheap, seems well built and can hold its own against the more expensive competitors. The wire stowage space is a nice thought.
Between the B&D and the Bergmann, the former looks sleek and better built.

The attachments are more in the Bergmann (Crevice nozzle, hose pipe, fabric brush and carpet brush), followed by the B&D AV 1205 (Crevice tool and brush) and then the Coido (Crevice tool, but it felt a bit short for my application).

Performance:

The Bergmann wins here hands down! No two thoughts.
The suction is so good that even the floor carpet gets lifted a bit during vacuuming!

I tried lifting a OnePlus One handset by the suction force of the cleaner, and only the Bergmann was able to pick it up, quite easily at that!
Both the B&D and the Coido failed to lift the phone.

Between the B&D and the Coido, the B&D is much better at suction, though the Coido claims its a 100W.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160102_180825.png
Views: 4465
Size:  600.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160102_180837.png
Views: 4509
Size:  468.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160102_180847.png
Views: 4416
Size:  458.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160102_180910.png
Views: 4473
Size:  918.1 KB

--------------

If money is your concern and you are looking at a low cost, handy vacuum cleaner for light application, the Coido makes a strong case for itself. With a little coaxing, it can clean the carpets quite effectively. And, at around Rs.400/- (that I had paid for it on PayTm), its a steal!

But, if you are willing to spend a bit for the cleaner and are looking at it as a primary means of cleaning your car, I'd suggest you skip the B&D and get the Bergmann instead. The difference is just around Rs.200/-, but it more than justifies every bit of the extra spend.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 2nd January 2016 at 18:45.
schakravarthy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 15:51   #114
BHPian

Received the Bergmann Vacuum cleaner(Hurricane-100W). Tried it in my vehicle.It has a powerful suction-lifts the carpet itself.Attachments(Three nozzes+Flexible extension tube) are of good quality. One spare fuse which was supposed to be enclosed in the package,could not be found.
All in all I am very satisfied with the unit.Hope it serves without major problems.
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:04   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
@d_himan - We are waiting for your feedback. Let us know how you like it.
Tried it today, very nice and solid. No flimsiness at all and great suction. I also got 1 additional spare fuse, which was placed in the suction compartment. Thanks for the heads up!

Btw, I ordered from eBay.in because I had a 15% off coupon.
Old 9th January 2016, 17:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am using Black & Decker VH780 780-Watt Vacuum and Blower unit for the past 4 months and its been excellent.

I am not a fan of the 12 volts DC units which can be plugged to the car as it puts unnecessary burden on the wiring of the car. So, was looking for an AC unit and found this to be apt.

The plus points
1) Very strong suction
2) Compact size
3) Good number of accessories which makes it a multi purpose machine.
4) Easy to clean and reusable filter
5) Good quality plastics

Its a expensive compared to the DC units, but worth the money I guess. And it heats up if you run it for like 4 minutes. So, you need to give it time to cool down while cleaning.

I bought it for 3k from Amazon and the link is here: http://www.amazon.in/Black-Decker-VH...0587265&sr=1-6

The blue is not as dark as in the photos.
isn't it inconvenient if it cannot be used for more than 3-4 minutes at a time? I am looking for a vacuum cleaner for both car and home use (cleaning sofas, laptop keyboard, table, window sills, bookshelf etc). So I was looking for an AC unit but didn't want to spend too much. Black & Decker models (VH780 and VH801) have good reviews in terms of suction power but they seem to overheat in 3-4 minutes of usage. Is it better to go for the Eureka Forbes models?
Old 11th January 2016, 11:28   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
isn't it inconvenient if it cannot be used for more than 3-4 minutes at a time? I am looking for a vacuum cleaner for both car and home use (cleaning sofas, laptop keyboard, table, window sills, bookshelf etc). So I was looking for an AC unit but didn't want to spend too much. Black & Decker models (VH780 and VH801) have good reviews in terms of suction power but they seem to overheat in 3-4 minutes of usage. Is it better to go for the Eureka Forbes models?
Not sure about the current models of Eureka Forbes.

With VH780, the vacuum cleaner recovers pretty fast and it needs only about a 1 or 2 minutes to cool down. The operating window is completely okay for cleaning the car. I do it one foot well and seat at a time. And the powerful motor means you just need to go over an area only once. It might be okay for light cleaning at home too.

Edit:

Quote:
So if I use it for a couple of minutes at a time and give it a short break before resuming, it should be fine? Also, do you know if there are any major differences between VH780 and VH801 (apart from the attachments) in terms of performance and usability?
Yes, it should be fine.

Don't know about VH801.

Last edited by deetjohn : 11th January 2016 at 11:57. Reason: Adding text.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:55   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Not sure about the current models of Eureka Forbes.

With VH780, the vacuum cleaner recovers pretty fast and it needs only about a 1 or 2 minutes to cool down. The operating window is completely okay for cleaning the car. I do it one foot well and seat at a time. And the powerful motor means you just need to go over an area only once. It might be okay for light cleaning at home too.
That's good to know. I got the impression that it takes much longer to recover, from online reviews. So if I use it for a couple of minutes at a time and give it a short break before resuming, it should be fine? Also, do you know if there are any major differences between VH780 and VH801 (apart from the attachments) in terms of performance and usability?
Old 11th January 2016, 15:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a vacuum cleaner for both car and home use (cleaning sofas, laptop keyboard, table, window sills, bookshelf etc). So I was looking for an AC unit but didn't want to spend too much. Black & Decker models (VH780 and VH801) have good reviews in terms of suction power but they seem to overheat in 3-4 minutes of usage. Is it better to go for the Eureka Forbes models?
I have similar requirements, and was checking products for last few days. I decided to go for Karcher WD3/MV3 for the following reasons:

1. It has wet & dry option without removing the filter
2. Higher capacity & suction power
3. Has a blower function too.
4. Not too heavy
5. Reputed brand
6. Can purchase car kit and other accessories later if required
7. Price (6K after discount)

Ordered it from infibeam and have received it today. Will check out the performance in few days.

Here is the link.
Old 11th January 2016, 18:23   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
I have similar requirements, and was checking products for last few days. I decided to go for Karcher WD3/MV3 for the following reasons:

1. It has wet & dry option without removing the filter
2. Higher capacity & suction power
3. Has a blower function too.
4. Not too heavy
5. Reputed brand
6. Can purchase car kit and other accessories later if required
7. Price (6K after discount)

Ordered it from infibeam and have received it today. Will check out the performance in few days.

Here is the link.
Will wait for your feedback. Reviews are really good for this product. But from what I have read, wet operation requires dust bag to be removed and the bag is not reusable (though some people use it without the bag also).

I was looking at less expensive products since I don't intend to use it for cleaning the floors. Apart from car interiors, I will be using it mainly for sofa, computer table and some other small areas.

Last edited by JonSnow : 11th January 2016 at 18:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks