Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

LML Pulse ????

I have come across an LML Pulse for Sale. Does any one know how it looked like? Any photos and specifications of this scooter from LML Stable?
Appreciate any kind of inputs.
Old 13th December 2012, 06:58   #122

Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

Hi Hillram,

In my research for my book I've determined that the LML Pulse is most closely related to the Vespa PK 50 FL and PK 125 FL and the PK 50 HP. It had a Spaco PHBA15 carburetor and a displacement of 75cc. Quite similar to the MotoVespa PK75FL of Spain. It had a four speed manual transmission. The cylinder bore is 47mm and the stroke is 43mm, if you felt like enlarging this, the crankshaft from the LML Sensation will fit giving you a 51mm stroke. You could then fit the cylinder and piston from an LML Sensation for a displacement of 121cc or the cylinder and piston from a APS PVX or PL170 for a displacement of 100cc. Bear in mind that if you made either of these conversion you would require the corresponding exhaust.

P.S. You have an absolutely beautiful PVX that you've restored, I'd love to know a bit more about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-01imatgeflok.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-pkhp4_4.jpg  

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-pkhp4_5.jpg  

Skwirly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 21:09   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

LML is coming back into the Indian market again, come April 2013, in a big way and is looking for dealers.There are newspaper advertisements focusing on the LML comeback.

- They plan to relaunch the 110 c bike Freedom, with contemporary features and looks.

- They are also to launch a CVT scooter to take on the competition. They are calling its powerplant the I-SEC (Intelligent Sensor Control Carburettor) engine and claim that the CVT scooter is a success in the European market, after its launch and debut at the Milan Auto Show, Italy during November 2012..This they say will be a game changer. It has a 150 cc metal body and will be economical on fuel.

Hope LML again rocks the 2 wheeler market!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th March 2013 at 21:10.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:38   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Look who's back. they went into BIFR, launched back in 2006-2007 and now are adding models and dealers slowly and gradually.

LML launches new version of NV brand scooter- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

I used to own an LML adreno once upon a time and LML is close to my heart as it was my first motorcycle.

Me too. I had a LML Graptor! That bike had the best brakes i had ever experienced (And subsequently, i had a Pulsar 180 and a Royal Enfield Electra) on any motorcycle whatsoever. LML remains very close to my heart too.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:59   #125

Here is a photo of my 1996 model LML twins.

Ramdas
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-20130915_014.jpg  

Ramdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 14:11   #126
BHPian

Hello Chanu/Hillram
nice restoration of LMLs, I am one of the fans & now after a long search got a good one in Mysore.
bought a LML Supremo last week. Model 1996, Single owner , rarely used one (From a Professor in Mysore) for Rs 10K. Vehicle mechanicals are in good condition, but few rust spots are there. Since the paint is good, I am only doing DIY rubbing /polishing job & few replacement of rubber beadings, seats, monograms (which I got in B'lore SK scooters JC Road), you will get everything for LML in this shop ( ofcourse with premium price..!).

could you kindly help me in the below:
1. It has a Speedometer with clock ( only odometer is in working condition). I checked in SK scooter, the new one he says costs rs 2800. is that costs that much please let me know.
2. I saw few pictures of Vespa Cosa (Similar to LML Supremo) which has RMP meter (Tacho meter) in place of clock. is it possible to fit Tacho meter for this scooter.
will post the pictures soon.
Thank yOu Ananth. Mysore
Old 29th November 2013, 11:20   #127
Senior - BHPian

First time in India, a 200cc scooter!

First time in India, a 200cc scooter!

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lml-200.jpg

Anyone interested?

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 23:21   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
It was a momentous time...
Hi hillram, I am impressed at your passion for collecting LMLs amongst all your other vehicles. In the process of bringing my own LML back to showroom condition at present, I was trawling through this thread when I discovered your collection and posts referring to the same.

In fact, I am not sure if I'll be able to source the specific monograms in Delhi, that came with my scooter, and seeing that you have someone there who has a good collection of these, I may call upon you to take the trouble of sourcing a few for me - I hope that you'll oblige.
Quote:
I touched 110 kmph...
You did? I've never managed to take my LML beyond 90 km/h even on full throttle on a straight and flat road. That too, with an original Italian engine and carb, even when new. A look at my carb...

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-carb.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 23:27   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
In fact, I am not sure if I'll be able to source the specific monograms in Delhi, that came with my scooter, and seeing that you have someone there who has a good collection of these, I may call upon you to take the trouble of sourcing a few for me - I hope that you'll oblige.
I was able to procure all the monograms required as my restoration was completed long time back.
I will PM you a contact from whom you can obtain spares for LML. He is based in New Delhi too. Good Luck.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

LML has launched the Star Automatic @ Rs.54014 (ex-showroom Gujarat). Here are few pics from press release (courtesy IAB):

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshot.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccmultishadepressshot.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshotcolors.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshotfront.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshotgrabrail.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshotrearquarter.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshotrearthreequarters.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-lmlstareuro150ccpressshottaillight.jpg

The scooter measures 1,760 mm X 695 mm X 820 mm (LXWXH) & has wheelbase of 1,260 mm. It has a ground clearance of 160 mm & weighs 112 kg for the full metal bodied scooter. The Star 150 gets a 7-liter fuel tank & the company claims a fuel efficiency of 55 km/l, from single-cylinder, four-stroke, forced air-cooled engine with two valves, producing 9.38 hp (± 0.33 hp) at 8,000 rpm (± 200 rpm). It has got a CVT gearbox, & the top-speed is 90 km/h. Braking power comes from drum brakes at the front & rear. Front disc brake will be provided as an option.

The prices of the variants are as:
- LML Star Euro 150 cc electric start – Rs.54,014
- LML Star Euro 150 cc electric start with disc brake – RS.57,918
- LML Star Euro 150 cc electric start with disc brake & multi-shade color – Rs.59,422

Last edited by CARDEEP : 20th February 2014 at 12:39.
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 12:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

This looks very very interesting! Do they have any dealers in Maharashtra ? Or is this launched only in Gujarat ?
So are they manufacturing two scooters currently , the 200cc Euro and the 150cc Gearless ?
Old 16th March 2014, 00:03   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So are they manufacturing two scooters currently , the 200cc Euro and the 150cc Gearless ?
Yes, they're manufacturing both these and the 2 & 4 stroke NVs (as per LML's official website)

Just read something interesting; Is LML about to launch the 200cc Star Euro in automatic? (Guys at carsizler say so) Also read that company claims over 75kmpl for the 200cc manual, will be interesting to see the FE figures for the 200cc auto-version if it ever comes to India.
Old 16th March 2014, 15:30   #133
BHPian

LML Star Euro 150 PicturesThe LML has recently launched its first 150cc Automatic scooter known as Star Euro with an affordable price range of around Rs.54,014. The scooter is employed with a single cylinder, 4 stroke, forced air cooled unit with two valves which generates the maximum power of 9.38 hp @ 8,000 rpm mated to the CVT gearbox. The LML Star Euro delivers the maximum speed of 90 kmph and the fuel efficiency of the scooter is about 55 kmpl with a fuel tank capacity of 7 liter. The dimensions of Star Euro in terms of its length, width and height are 1760 mm, 695 mm and 820 mm respectively. The scooter provides the larger wheelbase of 1260 mm and ground clearance of about 160 mm. Both front and rear wheels are fitted with drum brakes with an optional front disc brake for better braking efficiency. The suspensions are well performed with the hydraulic dampers and helical springs which is quite good.LML Star Euro 150 in India - Star Euro 150 details includes price, mileage, on road price and test drive. Star Euro 150 reviews with detailed pictures and specifications. Also includes list of all Star Euro 150 variants and awards won by the bike

Source: Http://www.vicky.in/bike/lml/star-euro-150/

Don't know how far that is true, and there's no follow up news yet.
Old 20th March 2014, 18:26   #134
BHPian

Quote:
I was able to procure all the monograms required as my restoration was completed long time back.
I will PM you a contact from whom you can obtain spares for LML. He is based in New Delhi too. Good Luck.
I have a 1996 LML Star Es and I am planning to restore it. I shall be grateful to you if you can PM me the contact from whom I can get the spares.
Thanks & regards
Old 20th March 2014, 18:42   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
I have a 1996 LML Star Es and I am planning to restore it. I shall be grateful to you if you can PM me the contact from whom I can get the spares.
Thanks & regards
I have sent you details via PM. Best Wishes.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks