Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 11:55   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

We are nearing one more gossiped launch date, let it be 10th or 15th of July'11....hope this time we don't get any surprises. Got an opportunity to check out the car last night. Since its very dark, was not able to explore things. I don't want to TD it, as the streets were cut for some drainage works & too crowded...no point in crawling & taking care not to scratch it . On top of everything, its a petrol version & wanted to keep my chance open for a Diesel TD

For me, the inside space does not looked cramped. After adjusting the driver seat to my comfort, came back to rear & found very good rear leg room (iam 5'8). Thigh support at rear is reasonably okay. You cannot put your foot under the front seat from rear comfortably, as you can do in Vento, but better than Verna. While attempting to move from one end to the other in rear, my foot stumbled due rear middle hump (only a slight bump). Fitting 3 into the rear seat is very tough, inspite of one being very lean & other two built medium. Front seat is very very comfortable, though not sure whether it would be the same for well built people.

Personally the looks of the car doesn't impress me. Verna looks like one segment above than the NFS.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-nfs.jpg  

Last edited by Surprise : 6th July 2011 at 11:59.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:03   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
From your signature I understand that you have owned the Fiesta MK5 and MK6. Now you have booked the MK7! Quite a fan of the Fiesta I should say

You should probably have a thread started on the experiences with the 3 iterations!

As a petrolhead I found the Indian MK7 to be a disappointment;the Focus should be the ideal upgrade (I hope) if one wants to stick to Fords.
I will definitely do a comparison on the all versions of Ford India vehicles have owned once time permits.

I agree the NFS has a lot lacking. But on the whole, it a fairly good package. I had to see what features I wanted and what I did not. However, my present requirements are purely a reliable, fuel efficient car. For the last one year I have been contemplating buying a new car and have gone through evaluating a couple of SUVs, some C and then some D segment cars etc.

Had the Kizashi been priced right for my pocket (upto 15 lacs or so), I would have made an immediate decision. I also contemplated the Cruze, Vento, new Verna among others. Then decided to go in for the new Fiesta and save some bucks for a better purchase sometime later. A lot of factors were considered before making this decision. Will update soon

Last edited by Sugeeta : 6th July 2011 at 13:04.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
No. I dont know features in Titanium plus, I saw Titanium and it had almost everything under the sun, wonderign what plus would be having , hoping they have an optional beige interior and leather uphostery option in this model, that would make my NFS a complete sports car

I booked this model as top models are usually first to be delivered in earlier lots , will finalise the exact variant on the day of Launch
Just talked to the sales manager at Bhagat Ford Dehradun, and got an invite for the "display / unveiling" of New Fiesta on sunday the 10th July but he said pricing will be announced on 14th, sounds strange!

Anyways, he said there are gonna be 4 variants. The difference between Titanium plus and Titanium: 1. The former will have cruise & voice controls as standard, while they will be optional in titanium. 2. Leather interiors in the plus version, whether they'll be beige or not is still a big ???
Old 6th July 2011, 16:18   #349
BHPian

It is official that the car is being launched on 14th July. Got an invitee mail from Ford India to preview the car on 10th July. Not sure if they would reveal the pricing on 10th.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:19   #350
BHPian

The above dates of launching confirmed... just recd. this mail from Ford India:

"[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The All New Ford Fiesta launches on July 14, 2011. Here’s an opportunity for you to preview and book the all-new Ford Fiesta four days before the world does.

All-New Ford Fiesta Premiere
You are invited to the exclusive preview of the All-New Ford Fiesta on July 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM at your nearest Ford dealership. We will be calling you shortly to confirm your presence.

Explore the All-New Ford Fiesta. And book it, before anybody else does. "[/FONT]
Old 6th July 2011, 16:21   #351
BHPian

this just popped into my mail.
July 10 is a preview with Public bookings on July 14.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-nfs_add.jpg  

yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:22   #352
BANNED

There is a priority launch on July 10 for people who registered on the ford website.

Launch for general public is on july 14.

Above dates are confirmed, there shall be no changes.

You can also TD the car after 10 am starting july 14.

You can preview the car by sitting in it and feeling it (haha) after 10 am on july 10.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th July 2011 at 16:24.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:53   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99
this just popped into my mail.
July 10 is a preview with Public bookings on July 14.
I too got the same mail just now.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:03   #354
BHPian

I got the simialr email just now. So the launch is confirmed on 10th and 14th .

I have booked Titanium plus , and now travelling from tomorrow in Himalayan mountains till 17th , thus would not be in Mumbai .

Requesting all BHPians here , whoever gets to know about features of titanium plus at launch ( specially beige interior option ? ) and has a TD , please PM me, personal request .

You may think it does not make sense as I can TD myself on 18th , but then I am a crazy and restless car lover , so cant help it
Old 6th July 2011, 17:11   #355
BHPian

I got the similar email just now as I had registered at the website too.

Now I am getting restless to have a TD and know whats there in store in Titanium plus ( model which I have pre-booked ), especially if there is a beige interior option.

I am travelling in Himalayan mountains on a trek from tomorrow till 17th and will have intermittent connectivity in between so wont be able to see and drive it in flesh on launch dates.

Looking forward with lot of expectation for some pictures, variant specific details, price and TD impressions from all of you ,before I reach back and take a TD myself on 18th.

This shall help me ask my bank guy to process the finance and other things much before I actually get back to the city , so please go TD , have a look and post soon fellow BHPians
Old 6th July 2011, 17:34   #356
BHPian

^^^^^^

Got the same by sms in bangalore.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:40   #357
BHPian

Got back from a long presentation and checked my messages. I have also received the same SMS at 5.30 pm

Though it is my youngest son's 13th Birthday, will manage to squeeze some time and pay Harpreet Ford a visit. Oddly, the media launch on 14th April happened to be my elder son's 16th Birthday.

Just got a call from FM, Chennai as I was writing, the launch is at 11.00 am.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 6th July 2011 at 18:05.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:58   #358
Senior - BHPian

Got this sms from Ford:

All New Ford Fiesta launches on 14 July. You are invited to an Exclusive Preview on 10 July at your nearest Ford dealership.
Old 6th July 2011, 18:54   #359
BHPian

@Sugeeta - I thinks it's a sign, from your signature i see you have a 2006 fiesta, Guess its time for an upgrade
Old 6th July 2011, 19:59   #360
Senior - BHPian

If, Voice activated MS/Cruise Control/Leather seats, are the only differences between top end and one variant below it, anything in excess of Rs.50K on Ex-Showroom prices, I prefer to settle for lower variant.

Cruise control will come handy during the long drives (<10 hrs) & if that can be given as an add-on, to FORD. Is that feasible?

Research Team Helps Ford and Future Customers Get a Better Grip on Tire Technology

Quote:
Ford Motor Company has established a unique cross-functional team whose mission is to develop innovative new tires that improve safety, boost fuel economy and enhance vehicle handling.
Quote:
"Traditionally, the challenge of improving tire treads is to expand all facets of the 'magic triangle' - grip, wear and rolling resistance. We want to improve all attributes without compromising others," said Dan Haakenson, technical expert, Vehicle Dynamics. "Our goal is to anticipate, innovate and incorporate technologies to make Ford a leader in fuel economy and to help deliver superior low-rolling-resistance tires to customers faster than anyone else."
Quote:
"While Ford doesn't manufacture tires, we do want to become smart buyers for our customers," said David Rohweder, global chief engineer for Tire and Wheel Engineering.
Quote:
The mandate to become more engaged with tire suppliers and manufacturers and to better understand the benefits of low-rolling-resistance tires has been under way since after the last spike in fuel prices in the summer of 2008.
How does it work? Iam sure Ford will not do any service to the whole automobile industry by spending their resources to this extent . But supplying tires ONLY to Ford after getting technical inputs from FORD research team is not going to be feasible for the tire manufacturer

Any pointers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks