Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 14:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Have a look at the rear door trims of the Fiesta as compared to a Toyota Liva of similar colour. Cars that are a segment down have better fitted out door trims. Ford please address this issue before launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford_fiesta_19.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-toyotaliva18.jpg  

MaserQ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 15:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan,
This was a very good review definitely a 5 starrer Just voted 5*. Somehow felt let down by Ford on the Diesel front was expecting a bigger engine with better figures, Something around a 120 BHP with 250 NM of torque would have made the performance match the car's appearance. The rear does leave a bad taste in mouth however.
Any idea when the Skoda Rapid would be launched? Believe they would have the same engines of VW Vento albeit in a different state of tune.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:37   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I happen to take a small TD the Diesel Fiesta
===========
I found the Fiesta Classic more roomy.
Wow! So you did drive the NEW Fiesta. Congrats

Is it really even smaller on the inside than the Fiesta classic? I thought the Classic was pretty cramped and that was enough of a turn off for me. Expected the new one to be a lot better. A senior (european looking) chap at their display stand at Select Mall told me that it could seat two 6' people, one behind the other, in ample comfort.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:49   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Wow! So you did drive the NEW Fiesta. Congrats

Is it really even smaller on the inside than the Fiesta classic? I thought the Classic was pretty cramped and that was enough of a turn off for me. Expected the new one to be a lot better. A senior (european looking) chap at their display stand at Select Mall told me that it could seat two 6' people, one behind the other, in ample comfort.
IMHO, Yes ! I generally adjust the driver seat in the best position I can drive and then go back and check the rear seat. Considering I am 6'2" I was forced to sit upright and still found my knees piercing the fabric of Driver's seat. I immediately sat in the Ford Fiesta Classic parked besides and found it to be marginally better. Reduced head room also added to my unhappiness. Overall, driving pleasure has been THE BEST till now and I went on to argue with the sales person that Ford might have mistakenly tagged the car Diesel whereas it is Petrol seeing the silent engine and amazing low speed Torque (I wish it was possible to drive on wide roads and test it exhaustively).
Since the people started pouring in, I was forced to cut short my first date with this beauty
Old 27th June 2011, 18:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, Yes ! I generally adjust the driver seat in the best position I can drive and then go back and check the rear seat. Considering I am 6'2" I was forced to sit upright and still found my knees piercing the fabric of Driver's seat. I immediately sat in the Ford Fiesta Classic parked besides and found it to be marginally better.
I am 6' and found the Fiesta too cramped. Like you, I sit in the front seat, adjust it for a comfortable driving position and then check the rear legroom. After this, in the Classic, I could not even sit in the rear seat! Wonder how you managed it with your 6'2"! And the New one is even more cramped :(
Old 27th June 2011, 19:15   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I am 6' and found the Fiesta too cramped. Like you, I sit in the front seat, adjust it for a comfortable driving position and then check the rear legroom. After this, in the Classic, I could not even sit in the rear seat! Wonder how you managed it with your 6'2"! And the New one is even more cramped :(
somehow I didn't find it so bad in Classic. My definition of legroom is that my legs fit in . The only car which I found with a Business Class leg room feel is TATA Manza. I feel it can also be due to the inclination of back support of driver's seat and the seating position. I generally tend to be closer to steering rather then stretched up. If I remember well I adjusted the seat 2 (or may be 3) notches before the last.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:23   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
somehow I didn't find it so bad in Classic. My definition of legroom is that my legs fit in . The only car which I found with a Business Class leg room feel is TATA Manza. I feel it can also be due to the inclination of back support of driver's seat and the seating position. I generally tend to be closer to steering rather then stretched up. If I remember well I adjusted the seat 2 (or may be 3) notches before the last.

That explains it. In my case, I end up being only a notch or atmost two in most cases. That also somewhat solves, why I find space cramped than many others. Besides the Manza/Indigo, the other sub 10L car with ample legroom is the Optra (heavenly drivers seat - based on TD's only though).

Seems I'll never be able to have an affordable Ford. Or maybe with time, my "affordable" will take a different meaning and we'll have a Modaeo replacement by then.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:29   #248
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent review Rehaan.... Good job!!

Pricing would be a very interesting part to see alongwith the various variants and their feature list. it would be interesting to see how it fares with the Vernas and Ventos of India
Old 27th June 2011, 23:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand how the page discussion has suddenly started terming the Fiesta as cramped while almost all the posts also thank our beloved Rehaan for the review! He has compared the New Fiesta with the Fiesta classic for leg room and has mentioned it is much better in the New Fiesta! Also he has mentioned that the leg room is on par with the Verna nad the Vento. I doubt if you guys really read the review completely and thanked Rehaan And take this on a lighter note guys.
Also, why don't we rather experience it ourselves? As the term 'space' has different meaning in different minds right?
Old 28th June 2011, 00:17   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear seat is quite cramped especially when a 6 feet tall person is driving and I'm sure it hurts after paying a bombshell for a premium segment car. I could compare the rear leg room with that of Polo. I found the Fiesta Classic more roomy.
Sorry mate, but the current Fiesta owners including me will only have a good laugh at this comment

Atleast, the pictures were promising enough that the New Fiesta is going to give more space for the 6 foot'ers!

I am talking about this picture where 6'2" high adult seated front & back in the New Fiesta!

Old 28th June 2011, 00:47   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Also, why don't we rather experience it ourselves? As the term 'space' has different meaning in different minds right?
(the quote+ feature is not available on anachronix's post. don't know why)

Arvind and anachronix, you guys are right. Let us wait for the car. Experience it. And form an opnion.

As Arivind says, space has a different connotation for different people. Cooltronics, did experience it and shared it - nothing wrong with it. We can have different opinions. Please bear in mind that he is 6'2" and space and comfort may be very different for him vis a vis someone of average Indian height. As for me, I was just surprised at his experience

PS: With my 6' I am surprisingly more comfortable in an Accent's front seat than many other cars (Fiesta classic, Verna Transform, Linea, Vento, etc.); though it leaves little leg room for the person behind me.

Last edited by Poitive : 28th June 2011 at 00:51.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 07:34   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I don't understand how the page discussion has suddenly started terming the Fiesta as cramped while almost all the posts also thank our beloved Rehaan for the review! He has compared the New Fiesta with the Fiesta classic for leg room and has mentioned it is much better in the New Fiesta!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Sorry mate, but the current Fiesta owners including me will only have a good laugh at this comment

At least, the pictures were promising enough that the New Fiesta is going to give more space for the 6 foot'ers!

I am talking about this picture where 6'2" high adult seated front & back in the New Fiesta!
Completely agree with Aravind and Anachronix here. Rehaan has provided a pictorial representation of the available space, and it looks pretty decent for a car in this class. A Tata Manza may have business class back seat, and maybe that it’s only USP.

And I guess, leg space definition (for the driver and also for the back seat passenger) in this segment is about how comfortable you’re with the car. Poitive mentioned about the comfort factor in his Accent. For me, leg space was one reason to eliminate Accent from my shortlisted cars (back in 2003). So, it’s all person dependent to an extent.

I am expecting the Fiesta to have a good backseat (even though the car is meant for Ajay). Going by tradition, the Fiesta classic, and even the Ikon had comfortable back seats
Old 28th June 2011, 09:49   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
And I guess, leg space definition (for the driver and also for the back seat passenger) in this segment is about how comfortable you’re with the car. Poitive mentioned about the comfort factor in his Accent. For me, leg space was one reason to eliminate Accent from my shortlisted cars (back in 2003). So, it’s all person dependent to an extent.

I am expecting the Fiesta to have a good backseat (even though the car is meant for Ajay). Going by tradition, the Fiesta classic, and even the Ikon had comfortable back seats
Exactly! I am not criticizing here, when I sat in the new Verna, I simply wasn't comfortable due to the lack in thigh support and I am just 5'8! Especially the rear middle passenger position is strictly a punishment even over small trips. My view is that, even with all the leg space, I simply wont be as happy as I would have been in a Santro. So I would be looking for a comfortable seat over more leg room in terms of numbers. And Rehaan in this splendid review has cleared all these doubts beautifully. Hats off Rehaan
Old 28th June 2011, 10:05   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Going by tradition, the Fiesta classic, and even the Ikon had comfortable back seats
BTW, a good back bench was one of Ikon's strengths.
One more thing to consider when it comes to the rear leg room/base depth is the sitting posture (for which it is designed) and the height.
If the sitting is more upright, relatively lesser leg room is sufficient compared to a low/reclined sitting posture.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:54   #255
BHPian

Re: Interiors

Are they going to launch also the auto transmission version? And what would be the expected price? The design looks similar to the ANHC & ANHV.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th June 2011 at 11:11. Reason: Please do not quote the full post when replying.

Most Viewed