Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 13:25   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
but if Ford cannot deliver (and they keep information from dealers as well), they are not a brand I can trust.
Quote:
My Toyota dealer, on the other hand (in comparison to the Ford dealers), has been very patient and keeps me informed - and they also are being kept in the loop with regard to product launches.
I think these issues are across brands and products - just come naturally with demand and supply. Once you have new Innova & Fortuner - same Toyota guys will behave differently based on my past experience. Don't get upset due to these small things , as everyone else has suggested better stick with Endeavour. You will have to find Trend version though but it competes well with Fortuner.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:38   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think these issues are across brands and products - just come naturally with demand and supply. Once you have new Innova & Fortuner - same Toyota guys will behave differently based on my past experience. Don't get upset due to these small things , as everyone else has suggested better stick with Endeavour. You will have to find Trend version though but it competes well with Fortuner.
Totally agree with you on both the points.

I recall when I was buying a Toyota a few years back and the waiting period was 3-5 months and none of the dealers were even returning calls promptly leave alone updating on the status. The same will happen once the new Innova and Fortuners are released and they command a waiting period.

At this price point there is simply no competition to Endeavour given that this was positioned in other markets against Prado and LR Discovery. So we might as well tolerate the shortcomings of this nature till situation improves in terms of supply.
Old 15th March 2016, 13:51   #288
BHPian

Did the Endeavour TD again with my father, this time from SC Ford Malad.
Have a TD lined up with Nerul dealership tomorrow.

This time the driving scenario was totally different.

Drove through the busier streets of Bandra and I must say this car dwarfs itself, so agile and maneuverable.

Bumper to bumper traffic dotted our TD but it was a comfortable experience. Ofcourse you keep an eye out for unruly driving but I didn't feel inconvenienced due to the size in any way.

Did 2 tight U - Turns and the turning circle was very good. The Electric Steering shines through

8-9 months is the Delivery period being stated by the Malad Dealership - totally absurd

There is an initial over-rev and engine noise intrusion in lower gears but after that the Auto fares well. The Auto was fine in bumper to bumper traffic as well.

Dad left after the TD so couldn't discuss with him but he does seem happy about the choice. I guess the time has come to switch my 2010 Passat for the Endeavour. Now to have those faster delivery timelines!

Last edited by kimianks : 15th March 2016 at 13:56.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:22   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
There is an initial over-rev and engine noise intrusion in lower gears but after that the Auto fares well.
That was one of the things I noted.

Could be easily fixed by a remap of the auto box control unit, I would gather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well, I have just chosen to wait for now and follow-through with what was in the pipeline.

Actually, I have had some above and beyond compliance to my requests to investigate the Fortuner, which the Toyota dealer has complied with over a period of 8 months or more, including a cancellation of one due to my initial rejection due to safety issues.

It's (hopefully) a temporary solution...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th March 2016 at 14:24.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:56   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Thanks - I agree. If you could PM more details on the Tien suspension I would appreciate it. (Link in the thread shows the Red Rooster site, but their mobile number is now owned by someone else and the 2 Bangalore landlines are not being answered)

This was an aftermarket change (read: *not* Ford-related) for a 1L expense to change interior to black leather.

If I went with Endy, everything gets way more expensive - in my case, over 4L.

Agreed on the 2 points, but I cannot wait around to see what Ford is up to. I waited long enough.

Sort of agree, but if Ford cannot deliver (and they keep information from dealers as well), they are not a brand I can trust. I remain open to seeing what transpires, and can sell the Fortuner at any time. At least I have a vehicle with automatic transmission that I can use now.

My Toyota dealer, on the other hand (in comparison to the Ford dealers), has been very patient and keeps me informed - and they also are being kept in the loop with regard to product launches.

Well, we need to give the benefit of the doubt to Ford. It's clear that they did not anticipate the demand for Titanium variant and I have heard that they plan to up the production. The error in forecasting by some marketers does not mean that the brand cannot be trusted or the product is inferior.
When you have a new fresh product which is selling like hot cakes, the supply- demand issue is bound to come up.
I have heard stories about Fortuner wait period going up to 9 months back in 2011-12. I'm also sure there will be a similar demand for Innova Crysta or even the new Fortuner when it will be launched.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:42   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Well, we need to give the benefit of the doubt to Ford. It's clear that they did not anticipate the demand for Titanium variant and I have heard that they plan to up the production. The error in forecasting by some marketers does not mean that the brand cannot be trusted or the product is inferior.
When you have a new fresh product which is selling like hot cakes, the supply- demand issue is bound to come up.
I have heard stories about Fortuner wait period going up to 9 months back in 2011-12. I'm also sure there will be a similar demand for Innova Crysta or even the new Fortuner when it will be launched.
Well, car was required about 2-3 months ago and I was the first to touch base with both dealers in my area. Waited long enough.

I have just done what is right for me at this time.

Of course I understand that *if* they are selling like "hot cakes", then that would be acceptable - I can wait, and that is what I have stated earlier.

I can bet that they do not have the facilities or spares/body panels in case of any untoward incident with one of these at this time...

The only downside with not buying one now would be that possibly in later Endy models domestic part sourcing might be implemented, lowering quality - if, that is still the case these days. (Apparently this doesn't happen with Toyota)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th March 2016 at 15:47.
Old 15th March 2016, 16:04   #292
BHPian

I will be really glad to know if Ford has ramped production and that there is an assurance on the delivery. Is there an official note on this ? Why is that Ford is not being proactive in communication Waiting for a car beyond 2 months is bad according to me. Because the purpose is not met. Further, more waiting period is a bad idea. A lot can happen. Simple e.g: i have been waiting from September 2015, thinking that i can get the new model Ford car soon. Launch delayed beyond Diwali and happened in Jan 2016, Two months later, we are in the month of March, yet no confirmation on the delivery. Meanwhile, government of India hiked the tax on cars so because of the delay all the potential customers are going to lose Rs. 1.25-1.35 Lakhs. What about the opportunity cost ? What's the guarantee that taxes won't be hiked again ? What if Ford hikes the price ? Customer is going to lose..

That's what i am worried about. I agree with all (in fact, see my other posts on Endy in this forum) I am a big fan of the car and first to drive the car in my city (just a coincidence that i was there when the car was being moved form storage to the display area) 3.2 Titanium is an awesome car at the price point but the longer waiting period is the killer.

I am ready to wait if Ford can assure me a time line. Some say 2, another say 4, then 7. That's not making me comfortable. I have emailed the same to the head of Ford sales, let's see what the response is !
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:30   #293
BHPian

Exhaustive!
Detailed!
Comprehensive!
in short--- it cant get better than this

It appears Ford has a potential winner on their hands, even the out going endeavor was a very capable vehicle, i had a small stint with it & liked it every bit, but the new one is class apart & perhaps a serious threat to the Fortuner & rightly so, Toyota has been resting on its laurels for too long besides it shows their sheer reluctance to offer better products in our country.
You rightly pointed out that Fortuner keeps getting more & more expensive all the time, partly its our fault too, we lap up everything that is big & beautiful irrespective of the price its at & the value it returns, creta is a good example of it.
But that doesn't justify Toyota's attitude towards our market, therefore Ford has done what can be called a right offensive, lets wait & see how Toyota reacts to it

All in all a job well done
Old 15th March 2016, 22:49   #294
BHPian

My Decision is made. We are going ahead with the 3.2L Titanium but shall make the booking only in the 1st week of April ( Dad prefers that ).

Lets hope the scenario for deliveries changes by then
Old 15th March 2016, 23:23   #295
BHPian

Delhi Ford (Safdarjung Enclave) says they have stocks of Trend variants of 2.2 and 3.2 in white color, minimum 90 days delivery time quoted for 3.2 Titanium :( hope Ford gets its act together soon
Old 16th March 2016, 09:04   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am ready to wait if Ford can assure me a time line. Some say 2, another say 4, then 7. That's not making me comfortable. I have emailed the same to the head of Ford sales, let's see what the response is !
Did you get a response from Ford? Did you write to a general mail ID or a personal one in Sales?
Old 16th March 2016, 10:17   #297
Team-BHP Support

I am seeing a few of them on the road. Any members got delivery?

April is the delivery time for the 3.2 Titanium booked in February.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:11   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am seeing a few of them on the road. Any members got delivery?

April is the delivery time for the 3.2 Titanium booked in February.
There are atleast 4-5 Endeavours delivered from Ford Mangalore branch. Ford has dispatched 800 odd cars till date, atleast 200 of these would be demo cars and hence around 500 Endeavours should have been handed over to customers.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:59   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There are atleast 4-5 Endeavours delivered from Ford Mangalore branch. Ford has dispatched 800 odd cars till date, atleast 200 of these would be demo cars and hence around 500 Endeavours should have been handed over to customers.
Half of the cars (trends) must be lying with the dealers ready for delivery with no bookings. My dealer says he has trends available for delivery but no titanium and cannot commit any thing on delivery. Frustrating Never waited for a car for so long.

Sorry to ask a question off topic

I require a automatic car for my dad as his left knee gives him trouble. He loves to drive rather than use a chauffeur. He is been sitting home for the past two months waiting for a car. Can somebody recommend a alternate used car if dont get a delivery by march end. We have to buy a car as he cannot just wait in the house. Budget around 20lac.

I have my neighbour selling a mercedes c class 2010 model with 40k on the odo for 15 lac. or should i go in for a certified car.

Thankyou
Old 16th March 2016, 13:00   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Did you get a response from Ford? Did you write to a general mail ID or a personal one in Sales?
I emailed some one specific in Sales, he is a senior person and he promptly reverted. He copied couple of other folks and have asked me to give time till Friday for the dealership to revert with the dates. Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks