Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 16:34   #271
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Depreciation will be 7.5 % for the Current year on a new purchase and 15 % from thereon. ( Just checked with the CA )
Thanks, I will check also.

Quote:
Also had a chat with the Nerul Dealership. Trend Deliveries have been going on.
They never got back to me on Trend 4x4 AT.

Quote:
The First Titanium Delivery is on 30th March. According to the rep he booked in November End ( doubt that ) but they have 75 bookings for the Titanium.

Biggest Headache is that they are unwilling to get the car down to Mumbai proper for TDs. The Management is too adamant and quite frankly Ford is losing loads of customers due to a lack of a dealer network in Mumbai Proper.

The Malad Dealership is a joke. They are stating unrealistic delivery schedules. I have scheduled a TD through them though but if I do book one, I would persist with the Nerul dealership.

I also hail from South Mumbai. I have not seen one either..
Malad said 300 bookings on the official Ford notification day - complete lies, imo.

Therefore cannot trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks.
How about Santafe , yes it won't have a proper 4x4, but should be comparable for the rest of the features?
Isn't that a unibody construction - so a different animal altogether?
Old 14th March 2016, 16:37   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Thanks, I will check also.

They never got back to me on Trend 4x4 AT.

Malad said 300 bookings on the official Ford notification day - complete lies, imo.

Therefore cannot trust them.

Isn't that a unibody construction - so a different animal altogether?
Nerul has 75 Titanium bookings so far. The First Delivery is on 30th March. I did see Trend and 2.2 Titanium models ready for delivery last week when I visited the Dealership last Thursday. I can share contact details of the Sales Head on PM if you want
Old 14th March 2016, 16:59   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Nerul has 75 Titanium bookings so far. The First Delivery is on 30th March. I did see Trend and 2.2 Titanium models ready for delivery last week when I visited the Dealership last Thursday. I can share contact details of the Sales Head on PM if you want
4x4 AT?

Colors?

The sales head never reverted to me, so I went with Fortuner.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:40   #274
Senior - BHPian

Its been a 4 days now since we got our Endeavour 2.2 Titanium and has covered about 300 odd KM.
Initial Impression:
1. The car is mammoth with stupendous street credentials. Attention magnet for sure. Even the reasonably large Q5 looks puny.
2. Fuel efficiency in city is somewhere around 8-10KM/L with AC on.
3. Ride quality is superb, the road humps are dislodged without much fuss.
4. The sound system as expected by Ford is excellent.
5. For a change the headlamps are powerful enough, thank you Ford.
6. The rear seat is a comfortable place to be in. Without sunroof there is quite a lot of headroom.
7. The 6 speed is a smooth shifter, though there is a lag for a fraction of second during launch, not a big issue at all.
8. The cabin is super silent, feels super refined when compared to the bigger 3.2L.
9. The leather on top of dash feels quite premium. So does the gun metal finish of alloys compared to the Hyper silver in the lower trend variant.
10. The EPS is joy to use. Masks the size of the car very well inside city and weighs very well on highways.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 23:06   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Its been a 4 days now since we got our Endeavour 2.2 Titanium and has covered about 300 odd KM.
Initial Impression:
1. The car is mammoth with stupendous street credentials. Attention magnet for sure. Even the reasonably large Q5 looks puny.
3. Ride quality is superb, the road humps are dislodged without much fuss.
4. The sound system as expected by Ford is excellent.
5. For a change the headlamps are powerful enough, thank you Ford.
6. The rear seat is a comfortable place to be in. Without sunroof there is quite a lot of headroom.
7. The 6 speed is a smooth shifter, though there is a lag for a fraction of second during launch, not a big issue at all.
8. The cabin is super silent, feels super refined when compared to the bigger 3.2L.
9. The leather on top of dash feels quite premium. So does the gun metal finish of alloys compared to the Hyper silver in the lower trend variant.
10. The EPS is joy to use. Masks the size of the car very well inside city and weighs very well on highways.
Is this the 4x2 AT or the 4x4 AT?
Old 14th March 2016, 23:22   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the 4x2 AT or the 4x4 AT?
2.2 AT 4x2 titanium. 2.2 comes with 4x4 only in manual avatar.
Old 15th March 2016, 00:09   #277
BHPian

Quote:
2.2 AT 4x2 titanium. 2.2 comes with 4x4 only in manual avatar.
Wow - only 8 to 10 in city with the 2.2 and 4x2?

That appears to be close to the 3.2L 4x4 AT's average as well!
Old 15th March 2016, 00:17   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Initial Impression:
Congrats PrideRed

True even the X3, Q5, Freelander look puny compared to the Endeavor. Driving is no problem but maneuvering it in small spaces like basement parking is another matter. Many places where i could turn my XUV in a single move requires me to reverse and the move forward again in my Endeavor.
Fuel efficiency for my 3.2 is now at 6 to 8 in the city and 9 to 11.5 on the highway.
Sunday i had been to Kollur Mookambika temple and back a 266 km journey.
With the powerful AC and the drivers seat being so comfortable i was fighting off sleep most of the time. Next time i need to carry a thermos with super strong coffee.
On the return journey i was able to use cruise control from Hemmadi before Kundapur till Surathkal about 85 kms of the journey.
I have not yet come across a 3.2 titanium delivery. Is mine the first customer 3.2 titanium in India? (just before my delivery ford customer care said they have not yet started deliveries of 3.2 titanium model)
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 00:39   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I have not yet come across a 3.2 titanium delivery. Is mine the first customer 3.2 titanium in India? (just before my delivery ford customer care said they have not yet started deliveries of 3.2 titanium model)
The first delivery was to tamil actor Vijaykanth (as read in this forum) but you could be 2nd or 3rd. I am yet to see Titanium 3.2 on the road. Did see two Trend's.

I need some help, there is no guarantee that the 3.2 titanium will be delivered in another 2 months. I have been chasing the dealership regularly but in vain. Since i am in no mood to wait longer, i have two choices 3.2 Trend & Fortuner 3.0 AT. Both are 4x4's, automatic. Fortuner seems most practical considering long term reliability, overall cost of ownership, and the Black interiors. I would not be doing hardcore off roading but would use 4x4 for sure. What would the experts suggest ? Though heart says Ford, brain says Fortuner. Would keep the vehicle for 3 years (at least)
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 03:59   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
The first delivery was to tamil actor Vijaykanth (as read in this forum) but you could be 2nd or 3rd. I am yet to see Titanium 3.2 on the road. Did see two Trend's.

I need some help, there is no guarantee that the 3.2 titanium will be delivered in another 2 months. I have been chasing the dealership regularly but in vain. Since i am in no mood to wait longer, i have two choices 3.2 Trend & Fortuner 3.0 AT. Both are 4x4's, automatic. Fortuner seems most practical considering long term reliability, overall cost of ownership, and the Black interiors. I would not be doing hardcore off roading but would use 4x4 for sure. What would the experts suggest ? Though heart says Ford, brain says Fortuner. Would keep the vehicle for 3 years (at least)
The Ford dealer who was trying to get me to buy the Endy said that he could arrange to have the interior changed to black.

However, the problem is that he cannot even promise me a Trend! (Or has not done so to date).

Price (initial purchase agreement, production date - prior to Budget), reliability and the non-disputable stance of the Fortuner won, although I have serious misgivings about the vehicle.

The only thing that surprised me in a positive manner was the (relatively) tight turning radius of the F when I went around a u-turn near my residence.

Just need a strong automatic transmission 4x4 SUV when I am out in the field...
Old 15th March 2016, 09:17   #281
BHPian

Quote:
reliability and the non-disputable stance of the Fortuner won, although I have serious misgivings about the vehicle.
If you have not yet got the delivery of the T-fort I would recommend checking if you can get 3.2L 4x4 Trend variant of the endeavour. In bangalore I did hear that waiting period of this variant (except white color) was < 1month. I am not so sure of Mumbai though.

My friend bought a T-fort 4x4AT and everytime his family goes out, his wife and mother complain about uncomfortable middle row seats- so much so that they started renting innova for long distance travel..

Else, you may want to see if you can change the suspension to more comfortable setup from Tien.

My 2 cents..
Old 15th March 2016, 10:45   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

My friend bought a T-fort 4x4AT and everytime his family goes out, his wife and mother complain about uncomfortable middle row seats- so much so that they started renting innova for long distance travel..

Else, you may want to see if you can change the suspension to more comfortable setup from Tien.

My 2 cents..
I test drove couple of times, i agree that i did not find the comfort in the league of safari or a punto, but overall decent. Now i will have to get an extended test drive to make sure i am not overlooking any aspect. I am now reading GTO's and other member posts closely on the ride quality. The tein kit is costing an additional Rs. 125,000 but i am not seeing any feedback anywhere. Suddenly i feel there are more Fortuners on the road than XUV.

Quote:
The Ford dealer who was trying to get me to buy the Endy said that he could arrange to have the interior changed to black.

However, the problem is that he cannot even promise me a Trend! (Or has not done so to date).
I think that's not true, i mean, Ford is very clear that the interiors are beige and not black. I re-checked with the dealer contact and he confirms the same. Is there any official notification ? If black interiors and Trend then its still worth a sacrifice to buy the model (considering Titanium non-availability)
Old 15th March 2016, 11:05   #283
BHPian

In my opinion, it is always better to wait and go for the endeavour even if you have to wait for couple of months more due to the following reasons

1. Agreed that Toyota is synonymous with 'long term reliability', but Ford is also an equally reliable brand and the previous generation endeavour has proved it

2.Fresher model - New endeavour has awesome looks ,highly subjective of course. I would any day go with a fresher model than spend my money on an ageing model which is in the fag end of its lifecycle

3. Ride comfort - Superb ride comfort of the endeavour when compared to the stiff ride quality of the Fortuner

4. Safety - 7 airbags in 3.2 Titanium vs 2 airbags in Fortuner AT

Not to mention the other features such as semi-automatic parallel parking, hill terrain assist etc.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 11:29   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
In my opinion, it is always better to wait and go for the endeavour even if you have to wait for couple of months more due to the following reasons
Completely agree with you. Waiting for next generation Fortuner may be worth it, bu, current Generation Fortuner does not make any sense at all. Noisy Engine,poor brakes, bumpy ride, lack of features in the current gen Fortuner, opting Endeavour should be no brainer.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:44   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post

My 2 cents..
Thanks - I agree. If you could PM more details on the Tien suspension I would appreciate it. (Link in the thread shows the Red Rooster site, but their mobile number is now owned by someone else and the 2 Bangalore landlines are not being answered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I test drove couple of times, i agree that i did not find the comfort in the league of safari or a punto, but overall decent. Now i will have to get an extended test drive to make sure i am not overlooking any aspect. I am now reading GTO's and other member posts closely on the ride quality. The tein kit is costing an additional Rs. 125,000 but i am not seeing any feedback anywhere. Suddenly i feel there are more Fortuners on the road than XUV.

I think that's not true, i mean, Ford is very clear that the interiors are beige and not black. I re-checked with the dealer contact and he confirms the same. Is there any official notification ? If black interiors and Trend then its still worth a sacrifice to buy the model (considering Titanium non-availability)
This was an aftermarket change (read: *not* Ford-related) for a 1L expense to change interior to black leather.

If I went with Endy, everything gets way more expensive - in my case, over 4L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
3. Ride comfort - Superb ride comfort of the endeavour when compared to the stiff ride quality of the Fortuner

4. Safety - 7 airbags in 3.2 Titanium vs 2 airbags in Fortuner AT

Not to mention the other features such as semi-automatic parallel parking, hill terrain assist etc.
Agreed on the 2 points, but I cannot wait around to see what Ford is up to. I waited long enough.

Quote:
Completely agree with you. Waiting for next generation Fortuner may be worth it, bu, current Generation Fortuner does not make any sense at all. Noisy Engine,poor brakes, bumpy ride, lack of features in the current gen Fortuner, opting Endeavour should be no brainer.
Sort of agree, but if Ford cannot deliver (and they keep information from dealers as well), they are not a brand I can trust. I remain open to seeing what transpires, and can sell the Fortuner at any time. At least I have a vehicle with automatic transmission that I can use now.

My Toyota dealer, on the other hand (in comparison to the Ford dealers), has been very patient and keeps me informed - and they also are being kept in the loop with regard to product launches.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th March 2016 at 12:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks