Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 16:39   #211
Senior - BHPian

BLUE5 of Manza

how is BLUE5 of Manza. Is it like Blue n Me of Fiat?I and my freinds were going through Manza website some time back, and found "With Blue5 built in, your car virtually turns into a giant phone". Immediately all of us started laughing Any of T-BHP folks have connected the phone to Manza and checked how it works?Kindly post the details hereThank You,
Old 5th November 2009, 17:28   #212
BHPian

How can one see the colour options apart from the web site? Only the Infinity Black and the Monarch Red seem to be all over the place.

It also appears that Indigo CS website has no colour options.

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 5th November 2009 at 17:30.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:24   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

windiesel ( vin diesel fan eh? ) ; .
More of a Diesel fan of the Rudolf kind rather than diesel of the Vin kind, considering that even the presidential Caddy(of the Obama kind) is powered now by a 6 liter Detroit diesel. Coming back to the topic, is it advisable at all to factor in the residual resale value of your Manza say if you intend not to part ways with it for 8-10 yrs?
Old 5th November 2009, 19:34   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Coming back to the topic, is it advisable at all to factor in the residual resale value of your Manza say if you intend not to part ways with it for 8-10 yrs?
No.

I'd say 8-10 yrs is too long a time period to even think about factoring in resale value. It'll be really low compared to your original purchasing price and parts etc for your model might be difficult and expensive to source.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:23   #215
BHPian

Brilliant review there GTO !!!!!!!! Had a TD of the QJet version. The TD car already had run for about 1500 kms!!!!!!! It shows the amount of intrest the Manza has created!!! But i have some queries:-
1 - The demo car had an over soft suspension. Did any other BHPians notice this? Or was is just my car? Is there a possiblity that there is some problem with the suspension????? BHPians who have driven this car, kindly reply.
2 - The same goes with the clutch. I havent driven the Vista before, so i cant confirm. Is it possible that after so many people test driving it, the clutch has gone kaput???!!!!

BHPians kindly reply to the above queries.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:31   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
How can one see the colour options apart from the web site? Only the Infinity Black and the Monarch Red seem to be all over the place.

It also appears that Indigo CS website has no colour options.
I think that the colors painted on to metal plates have arrived at many showrooms. One of our Bhpian(-NUT-case) has uploaded few of those colors. Check them out on page 14.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:44   #217
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not chrome (like in my Indigo), but is a standard badge that is common in application. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I have 3 black cars and don't really find them too high in maintenance. Only gotta get the polishing / waxing done on time, that's all. Case in point : This 4.5 year old 60,000 km black car (Exterior Detailing Review : Mazda Motors). Looks just as well maintained as the best of them, would you not agree?

Thanks for sharing!
Any pics of your Indigo? Is it the original or the facelifted one?
Old 5th November 2009, 21:47   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Brilliant review there GTO !!!!!!!! Had a TD of the QJet version. The TD car already had run for about 1500 kms!!!!!!! It shows the amount of intrest the Manza has created!!! But i have some queries:-
1 - The demo car had an over soft suspension. Did any other BHPians notice this? Or was is just my car? Is there a possiblity that there is some problem with the suspension????? BHPians who have driven this car, kindly reply.
2 - The same goes with the clutch. I havent driven the Vista before, so i cant confirm. Is it possible that after so many people test driving it, the clutch has gone kaput???!!!!

BHPians kindly reply to the above queries.

An odd thing i noticed with the TD cars was that the speedo was not working for both the petrol as well as the diesel cars. When i enquired about it , the salesperson said that , since the vehicles were not yet registred the speedo has been disconnected. Both showed 80 km in the the small display in the main console. Is this normal or are they trying to pull a fast one and plan to push the vehicles to unsuspecting customers later on.

The silver petrol Aura ABS had a dent just above the front right wheel well. This is at Concorde, Chennai, Velachery. So anyone getting the above mentioned model from this showroom, take a very close look at that spot on your vehicle just to be sure.

@ powertrain , what do you mean by "soft suspension" . Did you encounter body roll when turning or was the suspension hitting its limits on rough roads ?

And isn't a soft clutch a good thing. Softer the better as long as the gears are engaging smoothly.
Old 6th November 2009, 00:56   #219
BANNED

Has anyone got VIN numbers on booking their Manza?. My sales guy keeps saying that the same cannot be shared unless the vehicle reaches godown and they have assessed it to be OK(no intransit damage etc.,).
Also, did you get to hear any updates on your shipment?. In my case they say they have no idea when vehicle will be alloted to them and shipped :(

cheers,
Vijay
Old 6th November 2009, 01:59   #220
BHPian

[quote=-NUT-case;1567842]An odd thing i noticed with the TD cars was that the speedo was not working for both the petrol as well as the diesel cars. When i enquired about it , the salesperson said that , since the vehicles were not yet registred the speedo has been disconnected. Both showed 80 km in the the small display in the main console. Is this normal or are they trying to pull a fast one and plan to push the vehicles to unsuspecting customers later on.

The above observation is noticed in my case too, car is not yet registered sir is the reason given to me when i enquired about speedo meter not functioning. I observed nowadays test drive cars are coming with huge stickers all over the car as "Demo vehicle" or " Test Drive Car" before passing to customers for test drive but these lables were not availble on Manza test drive cars, so there are good chances these might be pushed to innocent customers.
Old 6th November 2009, 07:14   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
The showroom had colour panels which they got recently . Got a few quick snaps. Cell phone , so quality is not great, but it will give an idea to those who wanted to see the colours in the flesh. Din't take pics of the blue( a light powder blue) and black.

I would like to say that the Website mentions Dew White and not "Pearl White". I hope that it is not the same as "plain" white.
Old 6th November 2009, 08:01   #222
BHPian

@ Gautam, my mistake. But that was the only white panel they had. So it had to be Dew White. The look of the colour made me think of pearl white. The colour panel was definitely not "plain white" or the normal white.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:41   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
An odd thing i noticed with the TD cars was that the speedo was not working for both the petrol as well as the diesel cars. When i enquired about it , the salesperson said that , since the vehicles were not yet registred the speedo has been disconnected. Both showed 80 km in the the small display in the main console. Is this normal or are they trying to pull a fast one and plan to push the vehicles to unsuspecting customers later on.

The silver petrol Aura ABS had a dent just above the front right wheel well. This is at Concorde, Chennai, Velachery. So anyone getting the above mentioned model from this showroom, take a very close look at that spot on
As far as I have observed Concorde in Chennai do not do that, I remember that even for the Punto they had registered the car...so I guess it is the usual red tape in getting the car approved at RTO.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:48   #224
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just a silly question. The Manza is a front wheel drive sedan -right. (or I'm wrong on that). Then why is there an elevation in the back seat foot area in middle like the driveshaft in a rear wheel drive vehicle? In a front wheel drive car this space can be fully utilized for the passenger. Can someone please explain this to me. . Thanks.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:51   #225
BHPian

@ powertrain , what do you mean by "soft suspension" . Did you encounter body roll when turning or was the suspension hitting its limits on rough roads ?

And isn't a soft clutch a good thing. Softer the better as long as the gears are engaging smoothly.

nutcase - body roll is what i encountered going at 80kmph at Bandra Worli Sea Link.
Soft Clutch is not nessecerily a good thing. A clutch needs to have a fair amount of firmness in it!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks