Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 18:34   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,903
Thanked: 2,457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
harit bhai this is a 25/30, thrupp and maberly limo,ex nabha, was with brig. Gill in the late 80s when he wanted 4 lakhs for it!!
When the pic of this car was shown to me the first time, I was told that she is a Wraith. Thanks for clarifying.
Who was Brig. Gill, did he also own that Lancia Astura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
I was browsing through a vintage car auction website and came across this interesting car.

1928 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Torpedo, .......................... From the senior members of the forum, would like to hear more on the history of this car and more curious on the fate of Isotta-Fraschini.
Hi! Please go through this thread, you will find the story of this car, and old pictures when the car was in India and unrestored. About the I-F, probably the car is now in USA/Brazil. This I-F was also a Royal's car, story appeared in Auto India, which has forgotton the vintage and classic world in their last 2 issues.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 18th August 2010 at 18:36.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:19   #1247
BHPian
 
park-ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Granville, Normandy, France
Posts: 126
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

CH03 0067 posted by Karlos & Harit is #GGR56, a T&M 25/30HP originally bought by N.C. Lakrawalla of Belasis Road, Byculla (any info on this owner welcome!) It is currently reg'd BMW-3285.
MFA-3474, V.Mallya's Hooper car is #55EM, originally a Mayurbhanj car.
park-ward is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 16:08   #1248
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Years of searching has finally yielded some results!
Attached is a picture of the Travancore RR PII (Chassis 85GN probably). Also is a link to the vintage movie that shows the car as well as some other interesting ones:
Prem,

Thanks for this post.

Pure Nostalgia

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 06:39   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 1,752
Thanked: 3,296 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Prem,

Thanks for this post.

Pure Nostalgia

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Ram,
Hope you read my correction - this is not a Phantom II, must be the Bhogilal car. Neat moments captured in film, nevertheless!
travancore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 10:59   #1250
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,629
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Ram,
Neat moments captured in film, nevertheless!
As another hardcore Travancorean to me, the moments captured in the film are really priceless.


Now another question to all RR experts here

There was a Calcutta RR Silver Ghost (If I remember correctly) owned by Late Mr. S. N. Singh, who was the owner of Spences Hotel in Calcutta (This hotel used to be next to the Governor's House in Calcutta

The last I heard of it, was when he gifted it to his Guru in Bangalore/AP. I had the pleasure of driving it for a few kilometers back in 1979.

Any idea where this one is. I believe that this is no longer in the "Guru's" collection

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 8th September 2010 at 11:01.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 00:37   #1251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Rolls Royce, Twenty, 1927

Mr.Diljeet Titus’s latest acquisition a Rolls Royce, Twenty, 1927 Series K, Code name “George” Chassis no: GRJ-1, Engine no: W8E, Tourer Coach built by Barker & co (June 1927 –Production). Present registration no: MRJ 1215 and earlier registration no: BYM 702. Previous owners of the car
Nawab of Sachin
S.Abdulali
Ramesh Thakkar
Venkatesh Hatcheries (p) Ltd.

Present Owner: Diljeet Titus
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Rolls Royces in India-092.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-093.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-094.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-095.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-096.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-097.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-098.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-099.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-100.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-103.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-104.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-105.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-106.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-107.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-108.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-109.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-110.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-111.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-112.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-113.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-115.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-117.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-119.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-121.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-122.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-123.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-124.jpg  

Classic Rolls Royces in India-125.jpg  

S.B.Jatti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 11:31   #1252
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,929
Thanked: 335 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Mr.Diljeet Titus’s latest acquisition a Rolls Royce, Twenty, 1927 Series K, Code name “George” Chassis no: GRJ-1, Engine no: W8E, Tourer Coach built by Barker & co (June 1927 –Production). Present registration no: MRJ 1215 and earlier registration no: BYM 702. Previous owners of the car
Nawab of Sachin
S.Abdulali
Ramesh Thakkar
Venkatesh Hatcheries (p) Ltd.

Present Owner: Diljeet Titus
Nice car and in very good / original condition.

Was it purchased as is or was some reatoration specifically paint ext carried out after purchase by Mr. Titius ?

Please post soem history on this too.

What is the staus on the Stutz ? We are also waiting to hear more from you on the Nash.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 15:10   #1253
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,382
Thanked: 6,244 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Mr.Diljeet Titus’s latest acquisition a Rolls Royce, Twenty, 1927 Series K, Code name “George” Chassis no: GRJ-1, Engine no: W8E, Tourer Coach built by Barker & co (June 1927 –Production). Present registration no: MRJ 1215 and earlier registration no: BYM 702.
Congratulations on a neat purchase. I have spent much time with this car in Pune. It still looks more or less they way it was in Pune, barring the brass accents. I'm not sure if that trunk was there earlier though.

Interesting to note the BYM registration, this was possibly the portion of Bombay Province before formation of Gujarat state. Are any more details available on this registration? (Like place, date, an old photo etc)
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 23:53   #1254
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Nice car and in very good / original condition.

Was it purchased as is or was some reatoration specifically paint ext carried out after purchase by Mr. Titius ?

Please post soem history on this too.

What is the staus on the Stutz ? We are also waiting to hear more from you on the Nash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Congratulations on a neat purchase. I have spent much time with this car in Pune. It still looks more or less they way it was in Pune, barring the brass accents. I'm not sure if that trunk was there earlier though.

Interesting to note the BYM registration, this was possibly the portion of Bombay Province before formation of Gujarat state. Are any more details available on this registration? (Like place, date, an old photo etc)
This RR was purchased in the present condition and no restoration has been done,the car has reached Delhi only a week back. In fact, it would be interesting to see some photographs of this car prior to the present restoration.

Regarding the Stutz, I understand the car should be in Delhi by October, 2010. Shall upload photographs as soon as the car arrives in Delhi.
S.B.Jatti
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 11:40   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,903
Thanked: 2,457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
This RR was purchased in the present condition and no restoration has been done,the car has reached Delhi only a week back. In fact, it would be interesting to see some photographs of this car prior to the present restoration.
This car was well known in Mumbai, resided in Chembur, then Pune. Car looks the same, maybe polished a bit, and a trunk has been added which was not on her in Mumbai. Old pictures I will upload once my scanner works again.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 00:39   #1256
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 450
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This car was well known in Mumbai, resided in Chembur, then Pune. Car looks the same, maybe polished a bit, and a trunk has been added which was not on her in Mumbai. Old pictures I will upload once my scanner works again.

Cheers harit
Looking forward to seeing the old photographs of this car ....

S.B.Jatti
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 11:56   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,903
Thanked: 2,457 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Looking forward to seeing the old photographs of this car .... S.B.Jatti
here is a photo of the Rolls when she was newly restored and entered by the Ramesh Thakkar collection. VCCCI event a few years ago.
Sorry, but for the moment I do not have an older picture.

Cheers Harit
Attached Images
 
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 00:26   #1258
Distinguished - BHPian
 
harit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,903
Thanked: 2,457 Times
Default

It seems that the Cooch-Berar Rolls has again changed hands. This car was checked out by all the big ticket collectors. New owner is not yet identified, but my guess is that she will come back to Mumbai. In my opinion only one guy could have had the spunk to buy her, hopefully he did. Wait and watch. Picture borrowed from this forum, originally posted by Karlos.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Rolls Royces in India-rolls-ashar.jpg  

harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 21:30   #1259
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,867
Thanked: 3,381 Times
Default Fazalaliadil's post

Just felt this it was important to record this post of Fazalaliadil's on the Nizam's RR in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2093338-post50.html
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 12:28   #1260
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 621 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Just felt this it was important to record this post of Fazalaliadil's on the Nizam's RR in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2093338-post50.html
Thanks Deepak,
And the pictures with specs. overleaf.

Classic Rolls Royces in India-img_8928.jpg

Classic Rolls Royces in India-img_8914.jpg

Classic Rolls Royces in India-img_8929.jpg

Classic Rolls Royces in India-img_8918.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics : Rolls Royces & Bentleys in India jesal Super-Cars & Imports in India 195 20th August 2012 13:25
Why do Rolls Royces "lean back"? D33-PAC Technical Stuff 4 15th April 2012 22:55
Pics : Economic Times Rolls Royce Centenary Rally. Includes 2004 Rolls Royce Phantom v12 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 28 15th February 2009 17:15
Classic ICE: Rolls Royce Silver Spur gunbir In-Car Entertainment 48 21st August 2007 10:07
The new S Class, Rolls Royces and more! gemballa Super-Cars & Imports in India 30 25th February 2006 02:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks