Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 13:16   #976
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mumbai Roadtrip

Can anyone give an idea how much is the toll amount between Bangalore and Mumbai, starting from Neelamangla to Navi Mumbai?
Old 8th November 2011, 13:19   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Can anyone give an idea how much is the toll amount between Bangalore and Mumbai, starting from Neelamangla to Navi Mumbai?
It should come somewhere between Rs. 700-800 if the tolls haven't changed in the last month. Not sure of the exact amount.
shekhar_gogoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 13:20   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is it, the other way:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

This is what I paid last week of September. There were 2 toll booths under construction at that time (collection not started).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 13:59   #979
BHPian

The toll from Yeshwantpur, Bangalore upto Dharwad (Incld Bypass up to Kelgeri) as of 3 weeks ago comes to INR 200, there are 2 toll gates that have been readied, but were not yet operational.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:48   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the toll summary from my trip in the last week of October:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2555277
Old 8th November 2011, 14:53   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

NH4 is delightful- just one warning, if headed North in the evening time, be wary of wrongsiders approaching at full speed on the Davangere stretch where the North-South corridors bifurcate completely. Insane crap this is: we were cruising at around 100 in the fast lane and suddenly a few trucks, buses and 2 wheelers were coming head on towards us!
Old 8th November 2011, 16:45   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
NH4 is delightful- just one warning, if headed North in the evening time, be wary of wrongsiders approaching at full speed on the Davangere stretch where the North-South corridors bifurcate completely. Insane crap this is: we were cruising at around 100 in the fast lane and suddenly a few trucks, buses and 2 wheelers were coming head on towards us!
This is the exact place that noopster is talking about. On my first trip from Mumbai to Bangalore, I was confused at point A when I thought I was going straight downhill into the town. I reversed and went back on the two-lane road to point B, only to realise after a while that I was on the wrong side of the highway, along with a few other vehicles. People coming from point B to point A suddenly find vehicles coming in from the wrong direction. The second time on, I went correctly on the bifurcated road.

The problem is there is no proper signage at point A to lead drivers correctly on the split highway.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-capture.jpg
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 16:49   #983
BHPian

Absolutely agree with noopster and nileshch.

One more warning - while going from Belgaum to Bangalore, immediately after the Dharwad toll plaza - the four lane suddenly becomes a two lane road for the next 40 odd kms. Absolutely no warning sign either. I was cursing at the oncoming vehicles who I felt were coming in the wrong direction, then I realised its a two lane road. This is simply absurd and a first timer can easily land in trouble.
Old 8th November 2011, 17:45   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
This is the exact place that noopster is talking about. On my first trip from Mumbai to Bangalore, I was confused at point A when I thought I was going straight downhill into the town. I reversed and went back on the two-lane road to point B, only to realise after a while that I was on the wrong side of the highway, along with a few other vehicles. People coming from point B to point A suddenly find vehicles coming in from the wrong direction. The second time on, I went correctly on the bifurcated road.

The problem is there is no proper signage at point A to lead drivers correctly on the split highway.

Attachment 839134
You have put it very well. I have been doing this road quite a few times and last time I was extremely confused at Point A where stones were put to divert traffic on the south bound lane thru this town. Then when I was returning to mumbai I saw traffic in opposite direction so I was like Then saw that some of the stones at Point A were moved and traffic had come on the wrong side. But it is a small patch and if one is aware of the danger it is OK.

Another request for travellers on this route is to mark exactly the location of the sudden speed breakers.
Old 21st November 2011, 17:53   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

Attachment 839134
There is a clear big marking on left side of the road at point A which suggests that Bangalore bound vehicles should take the road that supposedly leads to the town.
EDIT: But almost all truckers divert at A to the wrong lane and proceed towards Bangalore.

On another note here is a map of Kamat upachar which might be useful for people traveling in Karnataka.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-20111027-14.17.30-copy.jpg

Last edited by alto99 : 21st November 2011 at 18:21.
alto99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:20   #986
BHPian

Thanks to all for the updates. I had last done this stretch upto Coimbatore via Bangalore (refer my post dated 31st May 2010 at Page 38 of this thread)

How are the Reliance Outlets now. Are they still open? I intend to cover the stretch again in December this year. Thanks to all again for the updates. Regards
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:26   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL View Post
How are the Reliance Outlets now. Are they still open?
Most Reliance outlets are closed.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:48   #988
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL View Post
How are the Reliance Outlets now. Are they still open?
Reliance pumps are open at Chabbi, near Hubli and Ranebennur BP. My Linea had tankful of petrol at the latter and we breakfasted at the attached Kamat Upachar on 27 September 2011 on our return journey from Surat.
  (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:14   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
The first speedbreaker is a killer. It just comes out of nowhere! and have no idea why it is there in the first place. Missed it inspite of keeping a lookout . Had to brake really hard, scraped the car. The remaining four are also not easy to spot.
Can anyone pin point the location of these speed breakers so that we are not surprised by them? Planning mumbai bangy on 22- 23 Dec.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:25   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Can anyone pin point the location of these speed breakers so that we are not surprised by them? Planning mumbai bangy on 22- 23 Dec.
These speedbreakers are between Davanagere and Chitradurga but they are signaged and not sudden. This stretch is so good many of us overspeed on this thereby missing the signs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks