Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 18:17   #1291
Senior - BHPian

akshay,

Advance congratulations. Sorry to tell you, JK Elanzo's are a bad deal! My earlier scorpio was on JK Elanzo's and had to change my tyres at 38k due to useless grip on the road. The current scorpio I purchased ensuring that they were on Bridgestones.

If I remember right, you said there were VLX's in the yard with Bridgestones. Insist upon the tyres being changed to Bridgestones.

Happy Motoring & welcome to the Elite Scorpers Club!
Old 18th May 2010, 18:26   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
akshay,

Advance congratulations. Sorry to tell you, JK Elanzo's are a bad deal! My earlier scorpio was on JK Elanzo's and had to change my tyres at 38k due to useless grip on the road. The current scorpio I purchased ensuring that they were on Bridgestones.

If I remember right, you said there were VLX's in the yard with Bridgestones. Insist upon the tyres being changed to Bridgestones.

Happy Motoring & welcome to the Elite Scorpers Club!
I know JK's are a bad deal indeed,but problem is all Scorpio SLE's have JK's now and VLX have Bridgestone,since it would involve removing the tyre from alloy wheels,the dealer has refused to do so,due to possibility of alloys getting scratched.
I will be switching tyres anyways,on delivery day or day after along with alloys.
Old 18th May 2010, 20:33   #1293
BHPian

Advance Congrats

Make a deal straight away with the showroom or outside with a good tyre dealer.

I had JK tyres too on my Scorpio, exactly after 13000 KMs it started vibrating at speed above 90 KMPH. JK Tyres Compnay officials took all 5 tyres, tested it and replace 4 free of cost.

Then again after 12000 KMs I had the same vibration. This time JK tyre wanted to me to pay on proration basis per KM which I refused to pay. Finaly after a bit of threatening them to take to court for endangering my life with faulty tyre they again replaced 4 tyres.

This time I had made deal with Bridgestone dealer and he was waiting with the tyres outside the showroom. As soon as JK tyre mechanics fitted the tyres, I parked the vehicle outside and made the dealer remove the tyres and fit with Bridgestone. JK Tyre Guys were stunned.

Regards
Old 18th May 2010, 20:41   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I know JK's are a bad deal indeed,but problem is all Scorpio SLE's have JK's now and VLX have Bridgestone,since it would involve removing the tyre from alloy wheels,the dealer has refused to do so,due to possibility of alloys getting scratched.
I will be switching tyres anyways,on delivery day or day after along with alloys.
Advance Congrats Akshay!!

I got my SLE with Bridgestone tyres..do let us know which alloys you are going in for.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:00   #1295
Senior - BHPian

@Akshay

Congrats bro! On a buying spree these days, eh?

The Bridgestones are a great rubber! Go for 'em.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:07   #1296
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to Yokohoma Geolanders.
Might be michelin,but they cost a bomb,i got a quote of ~8K per tyre
JK's would be replaced rightway.
Tyre shop is just next to mahindra dealer
Regarding Alloys,I am looking forward to Neo Punch,either Chrome or Machined Black.
Old 19th May 2010, 08:51   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Which diesel is recommended for Mhawk's?
the normal one or the hispeed one's?
need to know as our old workhorse was unaffected by any of these fuel's
Old 19th May 2010, 08:56   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Which diesel is recommended for Mhawk's?
the normal one or the hispeed one's?
need to know as our old workhorse was unaffected by any of these fuel's
normal diesel is best suited for the mHawk. Please do not add any form of additives to the vehicle. Even Shell diesel is not recommended.
Old 19th May 2010, 08:56   #1299
Senior - BHPian

normal diesel please.

not only because it is recommend by mahindra but also because i have noticed the engine runs a lot smoother with normal diesel.

if you are not sure about a particular pump's diesel quality, carry system-D with you.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:43   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

Is system-D recommended by M & M? when I checked last, they clearly advised me not to add any additives to the ride.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:51   #1301
Senior - BHPian

I dont know whether system-D is recommended by mahindra & so i rarely use it. its only whenever i have to fill at a shoddy pump, i use it just to be on the safer side.

if that small quantity of system-D wont do any good to the engine, i am sure it wont do any bad either!
Old 19th May 2010, 22:21   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Is system-D recommended by M & M? when I checked last, they clearly advised me not to add any additives to the ride.
And my A.S.S. asked me to add this:

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-scorpio.jpg

Insisted it's recommended by M&M, no less!
Old 20th May 2010, 06:54   #1303

Scorpio 2004 - a teething issue

[SIZE=2]I have noticed a nagging problem with my scorpio ( non-crde, 56K ). When I start the engine first time in morning i have a difficulty in changing to 2nd gear and after a while I can easily do that. I have also tried to start the engine for 1-2 min in idle conditions and then take it on road. I have shown to Shireesh Auto Service but they could not solve the problem. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] help me[/SIZE]
Old 20th May 2010, 12:55   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Thanks SS. Wurth is a brand promoted/approved by M&M, so I guess that's the reason!

Yeah Raj. I have always used the petrol additives for my earlier rides and there is a percievable difference in the ride!

Last edited by getsurya : 20th May 2010 at 12:56.
Old 20th May 2010, 17:03   #1305
Senior - BHPian

We recently upgraded from a 2.6 SLX CRDE to 2.2 VLX and i have noticed the following issues with the new model

- Middle row adjustable headrests have only 2 positions (High,Low) and there isn't anything in between (Similar to drivers headrest). Noticed that the metal rod doesnt have any holes in between to hold it in the intermediate position. Problem is, its a little too high when in the High position and uncomfortable in the Low position. Is it the same case with all the new refresh models?
- The indicator makes a very irritating noise when engaged which is heard even when the music is playing inside the car, Is there a way to mute this? My old one was much better in this regards.

Overall, in terms of engine refinement, safety features and some cosmetic add-ons the new model has an advantage over the old one, however i felt the build quality, fit and finish (panel gaps outside), quality of plastics (OVRM) has definitely gone down compared to the old model.

Edit - Just remembered one more blunder in the new one, the driver seat adjustment lever has now been shifted over to the right hand side and it is literally impossible to adjust to your ideal driving position when the door is closed! This lever was conveniently located towards your left hand side on the old model.

Last edited by bala80 : 20th May 2010 at 17:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks