Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 09:36   #1351
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I have not got the radio antenna for my Polo. It is broken from the base. They do not have the base in stock. They have the antenna. I have been trying for two years now. It is not available outside in any shop either.
To add to what you have gone through, had the misfortune of losing the plastic cover of the driver's side ORVM. A petty thief pried it out from my 6 month old GT TSI from a parking lot, apparently with a common screw driver. The signalling worked fine and there was no issue retracting/ opening the ORVM's. This, however exposed the electricals and since it had been raining, there was every chance of water messing up the electrical circuits. Wanted to get that 2 by 3 inch plastic cover ASAP. It took a whole week for the service centre to give me one. They pleaded it was out of stock and could only provide it till spares arrive. The local motor markets also pleaded helplessness. And when the spare arrived they took two days to paint it. They charged a whopping Rs. 1124/- for that plastic cover( cost of part, painting and lab charges,GST etc).

So in fact I was robbed twice; the second time in broad daylight and with my consent.
vkr15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 12:09   #1352
BHPian

hey guys, for fellow owners in mumbai who have purchased from Shaman motors, can you'll please advise if you'll have opted for Shaman's AMC service 2years package?

they've contacted me recently trying to pitch their AMC package of 2 years "worth" 45k for
"just" 27,999/- (love it how they use that 999 hook... like INR 1 has any real value these days).

Is it worth it to get into the AMC contract with them? Also I thought normal paid service was anyway provided for the car? Are there likely to be any significant cost savings compared to a regular paid service from VW/Shaman, or is this just another crafty scheme.

Would appreciate any insights from the Mumbai folks! Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd September 2017, 13:06   #1353
BHPian

Guys, apologies for the bump, but can anyone please post their inputs suggestions on opting for the service package? Shaman has been following up with me to decide.

Can't really tell whether it is worth paying for? The car see's very light running and is 100% in the city. Annual usage is hardly anything. Would it be better off to just stick with a normal paid service? The 1st one is due in Jan.
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:42   #1354
BHPian

Ok so here are my thoughts. Since the car is not doing to do massive usage. You can omit this service package. Because - annual service would cost around 12k at the max. So that is 24k for 2 years. Not sure how they bumped that to 45k. Even 28k also does not make any sense.
Note- 12k is what I pay for my Laura which does 7k in a year. So Polo might still be a little less. But you never know about these German brands lol!
v_2rahjo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:49   #1355
BHPian

I would say don't opt for the AMC. My Petrol Polo also does not run much. I have never paid more than 8.5k for each yearly service in last 4 years.

Last edited by Ketan T : 23rd September 2017 at 14:51.
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:11   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Ok so here are my thoughts. Since the car is not doing to do massive usage. You can omit this service package. Because - annual service would cost around 12k at the max. So that is 24k for 2 years. Not sure how they bumped that to 45k. Even 28k also does not make any sense.
Note- 12k is what I pay for my Laura which does 7k in a year. So Polo might still be a little less. But you never know about these German brands lol!
Thanks for your suggestion. This is what they've sent me in the email.

Extra Benefits Under Shaman AMC :-
·******** PUC certification.
·******** 1 year Shaman Shield/ “0” Depreciation
·******** AC-Disinfectant.
·******** Interior Cleaning.
·******** Washing Free of every Paid Job.
·******** Free pickup & drop facility.

Detailed AMC offer is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-amc1.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-amc2.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2017, 16:07   #1357
BHPian

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Ok so following would real life cost -
PUC - around Rs 200 for the year
AC Disinfection - not required
Interior cleaning - never done it on my 35k run Laura. And frankly low mileage cars won't need it unless you don't do the general maintenance. I feel 3m store will be a better option and quality will be superior to the 3m staff at the VW workshop
The 12k mentioned for service by me includes washing and general cleaning. I think they charge 4K for the labor and washing in each service
Pickup / drop - I think it's a mac of Rs 1000 in 2 years
Shaman Shied / 0 Dep - I leave this up to you. But I think 0 dep will be ~20k or so for 2 years. Over and above your insurance

What I would suggest is to get warranty for up to 4 years for peace of mind. Still not sure if I would want to spend the extra amount upfront for all this. But again it's a personal choice

Last edited by v_2rahjo : 23rd September 2017 at 16:10.
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:45   #1358
Distinguished - BHPian

When you go for service, they will try to sell you extras. The AMC just means they got you. and they got you to pay in advance! Don't do it. And don't go for all those special-treatment/detailing extras at all, unless you really want to, and you think your dealer can do a better job than 3m or an independent detailer.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:31   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Ok so following would real life cost -
PUC - around Rs 200 for the year
AC Disinfection - not required
Interior cleaning - never done it on my 35k run Laura. And frankly low mileage cars won't need it unless you don't do the general maintenance. I feel 3m store will be a better option and quality will be superior to the 3m staff at the VW workshop
The 12k mentioned for service by me includes washing and general cleaning. I think they charge 4K for the labor and washing in each service
Pickup / drop - I think it's a mac of Rs 1000 in 2 years
Shaman Shied / 0 Dep - I leave this up to you. But I think 0 dep will be ~20k or so for 2 years. Over and above your insurance

What I would suggest is to get warranty for up to 4 years for peace of mind. Still not sure if I would want to spend the extra amount upfront for all this. But again it's a personal choice
Thanks. Already have the ZERO depreciation insurance and the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
When you go for service, they will try to sell you extras. The AMC just means they got you. and they got you to pay in advance! Don't do it. And don't go for all those special-treatment/detailing extras at all, unless you really want to, and you think your dealer can do a better job than 3m or an independent detailer.
Don't care much for the detailing or the treatments. Will get it done from 3M. However I was more concerned whether the AMC provided anything better over the costs of the regular stuff like oil/spark plugs etc which they've put a cost against under the items of REPLACE and GENERAL CHECKUP. Would it work out significantly cheaper otherwise under their package?
Old 24th September 2017, 14:35   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
... ... ... However I was more concerned whether the AMC provided anything better over the costs of the regular stuff like oil/spark plugs etc which they've put a cost against under the items of REPLACE and GENERAL CHECKUP. Would it work out significantly cheaper otherwise under their package?
What people have mentioned as the cost of annual/30k-km service includes the consumables such as oil, so no, it looks like it would work out significantly more expensive.
Old 24th September 2017, 15:46   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What people have mentioned as the cost of annual/30k-km service includes the consumables such as oil, so no, it looks like it would work out significantly more expensive.

Alright. Thank you. Haver informed them I will not be opting for their AMC.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:39   #1362
BHPian

My friend felt some 'missing' suddenly on his Polo 1.2 Diesel, so he pulled over and turned the ignition off. But the car wouldn't start after that. Called up mechanics from VW authorised service center who towed the car the service center. He gets the call later saying that they found water in diesel and has given him a list of things to replace and fat bill of around Rs.1,25,000/-. Injectors alone would cost around 75k (at 24k a piece). Is it possible to clean the injectors than replacing them? He asked around, but getting mixed opinion saying they can be cleaned and they cannot be cleaned.

So, it is possible to get the VW Polo injectors cleaned than replacing them? Car is currently at the service center.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:06   #1363
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,
Does anyone happen to know the interval for changing the Gearbox Oil for Polo 1.2 Mpi?
My car has completed 5 years and 17K Kms. Does it need a Gearbox Oil?
The service center guys did not recommend changing it.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:29   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Hi Folks,
Does anyone happen to know the interval for changing the Gearbox Oil for Polo 1.2 Mpi?.
Think it is 1 Lakh km.
Old 15th October 2017, 23:29   #1365
BHPian

Hi,

Does everyone get the spark plugs replaced on 2nd service. Its recommended in the service schedule however my car has not even completed 10K kms.

Since it was recommended in the schedule I got it replaced, price for 4 plugs was 3.5K.

I also got the safety bolts installed this time since these were available in the service center.

1K0 698 137A

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-safety-bolt-1.jpg

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-safety-bolt-2.jpg

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks