Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 00:18   #1486
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Hello All,

Would like to know the cost of replacement of Polo 1.2 MPi's battery.
Mine is 6 years old, and I want to change it proactively.
You may go for Amaron or Exide directly with dealers. Cost should be less than 4500 with old battery exchange.
msiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 18:19   #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambersariya87 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has changed the wheel covers for their polo. Mine got stolen (all 4) and the new ones are pretty expensive. I have seen few after market covers in sector 14 Gurgaon but the quality doesn't inspires me. Moreover none of the samples I saw were close to the charm of original. Any guidance is much appreciated
I recently lost one of the Wheel Caps when I hit a pothole really hard. Went to VW ASC and I was told it'll cost 2800/piece with taxes. Obviously, I didn't buy it! Instead, I bought one on OLX for 1100 and seller happily shipped it from Kochi to Bangalore! These wheels caps are expensive because I guess they are imported ('Made in Russia').
binod049 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 22:24   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiva75 View Post
You may go for Amaron or Exide directly with dealers. Cost should be less than 4500 with old battery exchange.
I recently had to change my GT TSI battery and it costed me 4.4k for the Amazon Hi Flo model with exchange of old batter. This model has 2+2 years warranty.
Old 6th July 2018, 02:01   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Do members who own Polo in really hot parts of India have sun film or some legal alternative installed? I find the AC performance insufficient when the outside temperature hits 40+ degrees and there is direct sunlight entering the car.

Or alternative possibility - do I need my AC checked? Even at max fan speed and minimum temperature, I was only barely cool enough. Mysore is usually not hot enough to notice but the occasional trip to Tamil Nadu highlights this problem for me.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 6th July 2018 at 02:03.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:24   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Do members who own Polo in really hot parts of India have sun film or some legal alternative installed? I find the AC performance insufficient when the outside temperature hits 40+ degrees and there is direct sunlight entering the car.
Hey McLaren Rulez, I own a 2014 GT TDi, and if there is one area of "Performance" where this machine lacks, its the AC!!

Its so bad, that although I have a long list of Must Haves for my next car, but my spouse only has one BETTER AC.

From what I know, VW have not changed/upgraded the compressor from the Polo/Vento sold in some of the European countries, where the temperature seldom hits 30 degrees. So the Indian conditions are way to harsh for these little compressors to cool the cabin.

What I have done though, is got some 3M sun films, which seems to reduce this problem a tiny bit. One other thing I always ensure, is to park my car in a relatively cooler/shade area if its going to stay there during the day for over 2 hours.

Hope these tips help you!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 10:31   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
From what I know, VW have not changed/upgraded the compressor from the Polo/Vento sold in some of the European countries, where the temperature seldom hits 30 degrees. So the Indian conditions are way to harsh for these little compressors to cool the cabin.
Thanks for the tips - you're absolutely right that it just isn't good enough. Will need to look into the 3M possibility
Old 6th July 2018, 15:23   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Or alternative possibility - do I need my AC checked? Even at max fan speed and minimum temperature, I was only barely cool enough. Mysore is usually not hot enough to notice but the occasional trip to Tamil Nadu highlights this problem for me.
My 2011 Polo 1.2 is roaming the streets of Ahmedabad for 76,000kms till now where the temperature in summer is hovering around 45 to 46 degrees Celsius. Never have I faced this kind of issue where it feels the AC is nor working. Even after the car is parked in sun, the cabin cools down but takes around 20 minutes or so. I had the sun films on but now removed them- doesn't make a difference.
Please get the refrigerant level checked. Or maybe the cooling coil is choked. Need to get it checked.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 15:48   #1493

Just dropped my Polo (1.2 MPI) for its 4th year service (ran 34,500 KMs). Declined all extra stuffs, but still told the bill will be around 10,800/=. I was told that 4th year service require Poly V Belt will be replaced which costs 1200/=. Spark Plugs will be replaced as well. I was hoping a bill of around 8k.
Old 18th July 2018, 19:05   #1494

Just got my car back after it's 4th service. Total damage after discount came to 9,555/. Quite happy with how the service was carried out by VW PSS Motors, Thanisandra road.

Question: I poured Liqui Moly Engine Flush before I gave the car for service. Now that the car has new engine oil in it, I am thinking of using Liqui Moly 48202 Oil Treatment (image below). However, I am concerned that pouring this additional 200ml might overflow the engine oil. Should I wait? I don't think the current level of engine will reduce by 200ml anytime sooner...

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_4319.jpg

Last edited by binod049 : 18th July 2018 at 19:17. Reason: fixed typo. Added a new line.
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:36   #1495

Update: I asked the seller on Amazon and he said I can safely add the entire content to 2.8L of engine oil. So I went ahead and poured the additive. Have driven the car for 100+ kms since then and didn't notice any overflow. Engine has become quite and smooth - significant reduction in vibration and noise level.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:45   #1496

Cost of Labour/Parts issues in Polo Service.
POLO OIL FILTER - The current price of the Oil Filter for 1.2 Petrol (Part Code 03D198819C) is only Rs 81.36 excl GST. There is wide variance in cost during past services:-
Earlier Part Code 03D198819A - Rs 92.76 (2012), Rs 288.89 (2013,2014,2015).
Current Part Code 03D198819C - Rs 705.78 (2016), Rs 306.67 (2017).
Is there something amiss? Or were they making windfall profits?

BRAKE FLUID CHANGE - In the 1,05,000 Kms service for a Polo Petrol, you are charged Rs 2160 excl GST for standard labour operations which include engine oil and brake fluid change (listed on their website & displayed in service centres, please see attachment). However, I was charged Rs 500 extra (+GST) for labour towards brake fluid change, which is unfair and arbitrary.

On both above issues, Volkswagen Customer Care (Passenger Cars) is not willing to provide any direct convincing answers, they just pass the buck of reply to their dealerships and do not even care to respond now.

Would appreciate sharing your experiences and views.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf volkswagen-maintenance-labour-operations-option.pdf (432.0 KB, 507 views)
Old 12th August 2018, 12:45   #1497
BHPian

My 1.5 TDi has clocked close to 29k in 2 years now and all of a sudden it stopped starting yesterday. The battery is fine, all electricals are working. The engine just doesn’t seem to be able to start. Fuel is at little above the quarter mark. The engine does not seem to go beyond 200 RPM when it tries to come to life. 5 unsuccessful cranks later, I have given up. I also noticed that the engine oil level has gone too low (it was at the mid way mark when I checked during a wash 3 days ago). The car also seems to make a tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming from the engine bay when the ignition is turned after the unsuccessful cranks. Any pointers on what to look out for before the workshop comes in to inspect tomorrow morning?

NOTE: There are no warning lights or messages on the instrument cluster whatsoever, so I’m completely clueless at the moment.
Old 12th August 2018, 21:01   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
My 1.5 TDi has clocked close to 29k in 2 years now and all of a sudden it stopped starting yesterday. The battery is fine, all electricals are working. The engine just doesn't seem to be able to start. Fuel is at little above the quarter mark. The engine does not seem to go beyond 200 RPM when it tries to come to life. 5 unsuccessful cranks later, I have given up. I also noticed that the engine oil level has gone too low (it was at the mid way mark when I checked during a wash 3 days ago). The car also seems to make a tick tick tick noise which seems to be coming from the engine bay when the ignition is turned after the unsuccessful cranks. Any pointers on what to look out for before the workshop comes in to inspect tomorrow morning?

NOTE: There are no warning lights or messages on the instrument cluster whatsoever, so I'm completely clueless at the moment.

Hi the following could be the issues:
1. Clogged fuel filter - mostly the reason
2. Not enough rail pressure - but you'd have an error for that - the coil symbol will stay lit up on the cluster
3. Battery - how do you know it's fine?

The ticking noise on switching off your car is from the injectors - absolutely normal.

I'd put my cents on the fuel filter and have that replaced and then prime the new filter (you'll need vcds for this or the on and off method) and give it a go.

All the best!

Regards,
Aayush
Old 12th August 2018, 21:29   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Hi the following could be the issues:
1. Clogged fuel filter - mostly the reason
2. Not enough rail pressure - but you'd have an error for that - the coil symbol will stay lit up on the cluster
3. Battery - how do you know it's fine?

The ticking noise on switching off your car is from the injectors - absolutely normal.

I'd put my cents on the fuel filter and have that replaced and then prime the new filter (you'll need vcds for this or the on and off method) and give it a go.

All the best!

Regards,
Aayush
Thanks for the reply Aayush. I was thinking it would be the fuel filter as well. But that doesn’t explain how the oil levels came down to inexplicably low levels (car has been used for 200 kms in the last 3 days). Hence, the confusion.

Also, the battery seems to be fine as all lights are operating perfectly, windows seem to be rolling up normally. Most of all, the instrument cluster, lights & other electrics do not die out when the car is being cranked (which is what usually happens when the battery is dying / dead). Do correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 13th August 2018, 06:54   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Thanks for the reply Aayush. I was thinking it would be the fuel filter as well. But that doesn’t explain how the oil levels came down to inexplicably low levels (car has been used for 200 kms in the last 3 days). Hence, the confusion.

Then most probably not the battery if alls working well; I remember once though when my battery was on its way I faced a similar issue where every thing worked but the car wouldn't start. Had to have it pushed to kick it off and then turned out to be the battery.

With respect to the oil levels; when was the last top up / oil change? Is there any leakage you see in the engine bay or the parking area or the engine under body sheild (if present)? The cars normally do use up some amount of oil while running.

Did you fill fuel from an unknown / not regular pump during your 200km drive or maybe before that?

Yes; a little confusing with the symptoms and facts you've presented; I'd still feel fuel filter though.

The VW guys expected today? Do let us know.

All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks