Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2012, 19:05   #1261
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

One doubt: with the introduction of the new bluetooth based android app, did Mahindras solved the problem of not having any provision for downloading your saved GPS data also?
Old 9th December 2012, 11:46   #1262
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches BlueSense App for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes funda, I would suggest let the system re-learn. If I remember correctly, after pressing the left side button of the odo meter, it gives indication "Front Left learning" and you are supposed to help by way of releasing a bit of air from front-left so that it makes the connection. Rinse and repeat for the remaining tyres. Do let us know how it went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I would recommended that you should lower down the 5th tyre before you start the learning process, as you won't get much time to do so during the process. If you fail to deflate it within the stipulated time you will have to do the whole process again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Guys, the system knows which tyre sensor is where, because when I rotated my tyres recently the system gave off warnings saying my FL tyre has been swapped and so on. These warnings went away when I re-learned the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I think it does. Once it shown a message on screen saying the Front left side tire swapped on Infotainment display, while the car was in motion

So I believe there is a software module written to detect the tire swap and show that message, even though it shown me the message erratically.

Thanks
HCP

The power window motor on the driver door was not working at times and took it to Anant Motors on Bannerghatta road to get it replaced. I told them the issue with the TPMS and they reset it also. However, on the road for 15 mins and the alert comes up again for the Front left tyre. Also had got the software 4.0.4 update and could see via my mobile that the pressure for the tyre was showing as 24psi. As I was thinking of taking it back, the alert went off and the mobile app also shows it OK.After say 5-10mins the message Front left tyre swapped comes up. Thought it was the end to it. The alert never came up again while driving. But twice I had stopped the car on the way for some shopping and everytime I restarted the alert popped up after a few mins and it went off within a min or 2. And it was followed by the swap message after 5-10 mins. Totally confused.

BTW Anant Motors was a good experience. Being a new place you get a lot of attention. The customer lounge is also the best I have seen in any of the Mahindra service centres I had visited so far in bangalore and Kerala. Hope they maintain this always.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 9th December 2012 at 11:49.
Old 9th December 2012, 12:22   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post

I have all the three issues in my few weeks old car.

However for the second one - I verified that it is not the folding seat that makes the noise. It should either be the door or the suspension. This happens on bad road where the car has a little bit of body roll. When both tyres go over a bump simultaneously, there is no oice.

Let me know if you manage to get these issues resolved and what is the explaination that is offered.
The in dash krrrr sound is probably the fan of the infotainment system. My RM assured me that's normal.

The noise from the back is an issue I got rectified at my recent service. The rear hatch door has some play. Which vibrates and makes the noise. At the test drive the SA drove for some distance with the hatch opened - no noise.

So they realigned the locking loop of the rear hatch (near the jack & tools compartment) to make the door close more securely and the noise disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

everytime I restarted the alert popped up after a few mins and it went off within a min or 2. And it was followed by the swap message after 5-10 mins. Totally confused.

BTW Anant Motors was a good experience. Being a new place you get a lot of attention. The customer lounge is also the best I have seen in any of the Mahindra service centres I had visited so far in bangalore and Kerala. Hope they maintain this always.

FundaG
Didn't they run a diagnostic to check if the system had a malfunction?

Good, finally you have a decent ASC in blore. It's natural to be enthusiastic but easy to get complacent with time. Let's just pray they maintain their standards.
Old 9th December 2012, 18:51   #1264
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches BlueSense App for Android

Quote:
Also had got the software 4.0.4 update and could see via my mobile that the pressure for the tyre was showing as 24psi. As I was thinking of taking it back, the alert went off and the mobile app also shows it OK.
FundaG
My android app shows left front tyre as 0 PSI but indicates it is OK (OK sign and no warnings in TPMS or from the app). It doesn't seem to be a problem with the transceiver as I re-learned the TPMS acknowledged the pressure variation.

As far as no annoyance through messages and since I monitor pressure level in every week, I am not going to do anything immediate.
--HCP
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screenshot_20121209183926.png  

HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 19:29   #1265
BHPian

Quote:

My android app shows left front tyre as 0 PSI but indicates it is OK (OK sign and no warnings in TPMS or from the app). It doesn't seem to be a problem with the transceiver as I re-learned the TPMS acknowledged the pressure variation.

As far as no annoyance through messages and since I monitor pressure level in every week, I am not going to do anything immediate.
--HCP
Exactly same here. Mine also is showing 0psi at front left and still is showing ok. Seems an app bug.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 19:39   #1266
BHPian

Quote:

--HCP
Quote:
Exactly same here. Mine also is showing 0psi at front left and still is showing ok. Seems an app bug.
Its shows as 0 for all the tyres for me. I had checked with the A.S.S regarding this. He says its normal. The pressure value would be shown only in case of some issue. The Green circle also becomes red. I had noticed this when I received the alert. Showing the pressure as 0 when its OK could most probably be a bug in the app.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 9th December 2012 at 19:40.
Old 9th December 2012, 22:45   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. Sent a bug report to mobapps@mahindra.com as per the about page of app suggests. Lets see what they will come up with.

Quote:
The pressure value would be shown only in case of some issue. FundaG
That sounds weird to me. I think the A.S.S is trying to runaway from the issue.
Thanks
--HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 9th December 2012 at 22:49.
Old 9th December 2012, 23:52   #1268
BHPian

While driving my XUV500 W6 today in the evening, I saw a "!" in my infotainment unit. When I checked what it was showing an alert for it showed 'front brake pads worn out, drive at reduced speed'. Also the parking brake light was glowing in the instrument console.

I immediately checked if my hand-brake was released completely, and it was. Next I was worried if any of the brakes were jammed. I stopped on the side of the road to check for heating of the hubs and discs. All were at normal running temperature.

Then finally tried the 'Mahindra method' of troubleshoot, shut down the car, took the keys out for a few seconds and then started again,,, no infotainment alerts, no instrument cluster alert, nothing. Well, not sure whether it was a false alarm or a genuine issue.

I am running on my original brakes & rotors given for my vehicle, no version 2.0 or 3.0 tested on my vehicle till now. Will be taking it tomorrow to the service center to check it out as I don't want a compromised braking system.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 9th December 2012 at 23:56.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 11:04   #1269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
While driving my XUV500 W6 today in the evening, I saw a "!" in my infotainment unit. When I checked what it was showing an alert for it showed 'front brake pads worn out, drive at reduced speed'.
How much has your vehicle clocked? This should give a fair picture of the possible condition of the brake pads.
Old 10th December 2012, 12:17   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
How much has your vehicle clocked? This should give a fair picture of the possible condition of the brake pads.
It has clocked 11326 kms. Which I feel is way early for the warning to pop up. I generally use engine braking to the maximum.
Old 10th December 2012, 13:15   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
It has clocked 11326 kms. Which I feel is way early for the warning to pop up. I generally use engine braking to the maximum.
Since you don't use your brakes indiscriminately, I don't think any of your front brake pads could have worn down enough in 11,000 Km to activate the alarm.

Incidentally, only the front brake pads (1 pad out of the set of 2) have a wear sensor and I had posted a picture of the same at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2959108

You will note from the picture that the alarm would be activated when the pad is almost fully worn out.

Do keep us informed about the status of this problem.
Old 10th December 2012, 15:04   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Since you don't use your brakes indiscriminately, I don't think any of your front brake pads could have worn down enough in 11,000 Km to activate the alarm.

Incidentally, only the front brake pads (1 pad out of the set of 2) have a wear sensor and I had posted a picture of the same at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2959108

You will note from the picture that the alarm would be activated when the pad is almost fully worn out.

Do keep us informed about the status of this problem.
Yes, the brake wear sensor was the culprit.

The one on the driver side wheel had gotten cut. The A** blamed the bad roads, and I grudgingly have to accept that in the weekend, I traveled in some of the worst roads that Chennai had to offer. The wiring sheath has some extra length for these kind of roads but guess I exceeded them.

The front brake pads look good to go for another 30K kms is my/a** opinion. Phew.
Old 10th December 2012, 15:08   #1273
BHPian

There is a helicopter noise coming from my AC fan since 2 days.

I know it needs attention soon, but the very thought of driving to the end of the world towards India Garage service station is making me go nuts.

Any quick fix/DIY options with out threat to the warranty ??
Old 10th December 2012, 15:34   #1274
Senior - BHPian

open the glove box and see if anything is fouling near the blower.

See similar post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2632825
Old 13th December 2012, 09:38   #1275
PGA
BHPian

The noise level in the car rises considerably when travelling at speeds beyond 100 kmph. It is quite comfortabe till about these speeds but as the speed rises the noise level in the cabin rises disproportionately requiring you to use real lung power at about 130 kmph and beyond. As far as I get it, it is the noise of tyres. My car has Bridgestone duellers, I wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience. Do the other tyre brands come out any better. Could there be another cause of this phenomenon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks