Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 22:22   #1741
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Extended Warranty Issue

My 2.2 will complete 2 years on March 15th 2010. I thought I can buy extended warranty prior to completing 2years; guess I was wrong !

Can someone confirm this please?
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-warranty.jpg  

Old 1st February 2010, 23:01   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
... I recently did the first long/night drive in my Safari and felt that the stock headlamps (I believe these are 55/60) are not powerful enough. Somewhere on this thread I read about upgrading to Osram 90/100. Are those good eough? Anyone tried that? Any other suggestions?
I am on Philips 90/100 and quite happy with the lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Hi. I need some clarity on the actual functioning of the HVAC system of the 2.2. I have noticed that hot air starts coming from the vents when I turn the temp knob to the centre (medium cool) when the aircon is on. Is this normal. If not how do u get the aircon to work in low cool. Also when I turn the temp knob I hear a thunk noise as if some vent is being closed partially. What is this noise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
... Its coz hot is mixed with cold air to get the effect! Not a control in the thermostat...
I would +1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
My 2.2 will complete 2 years on March 15th 2010. I thought I can buy extended warranty prior to completing 2years; guess I was wrong !

Can someone confirm this please?
Duh! I was also under the same impression. I thought one can go for extended warranty before the primary warranty runs out!

JK, would suggest that you put on a very innocent face and head down to the TASS and have a check.
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:31   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Thats what it says, because the insurance company also takes into account the interest they have accumulated from the initial period. They are smarter.
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:52   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Thats what it says, because the insurance company also takes into account the interest they have accumulated from the initial period. They are smarter.
Does this mean that they changed the rules recently?
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:31   #1745
Team-BHP Support

I offer the same suggestion. Walk to nearest TASC, and say you were ignorant. For the old 3.0 my uncle had, we got extended warranty 2 days before the original warranty expired!
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:06   #1746
BHPian

Gurus,

I'm planning to change the stock headlamps to 55/60 Osram Nightbreakers or Philips (Not sure of the name of the Philips ones).

Do I need a relay if I go for a 90/100. If yes, does the warranty get void?

Any suggestions on which is better and where can I source it from in New Delhi. Also what would be the approximate price for a pair.

Cheers

Sridhar

Last edited by ItMyLife : 3rd February 2010 at 18:09.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:40   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
... Do I need a relay if I go for a 90/100...
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
... If yes, does the warranty get void?...
Yes, if any wires are cut. The fitting can be done without any wiring cut, so even before the electrician touches your vehicle, ask him exactly how he is going to do it.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:46   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Hella has an upgrade kit that plugs into your existing wiring. This can be installed and removed without any cuts of the OEM wiring. Before taking it for any warranty work you can remove the 90/100 wiring and put back the OEM bulbs in a few minutes.
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:54   #1749
BHPian

"Service" signal in the instrument cluster

Hi Guyz, its me Arijit here.
This is my first post here but i am already well acquainted with this site. I have been surfing around team-bhp since quite a few months and now hoping to be active here. Its a very active automotive community and been very helpful.

I have purchased a Dicor 2.2 GX (4x4) last week and already driven 750 kms.
Well i have noticed a few problems,

The 'Service' signal often pops out and stays on as long as it wishes to and then goes off again to come on again. Is this something to be worried about , cause its surely not normal.

After about 100 kms drive, while driving at a speed of 95 to 110 kms/hr for about 45 minutes, all of a sudden I noticed some transparent white smoke out of the bonnet close to the windscreen. I instantly pulled the car to a side and turned off the engine for a while as i was worried. After turning it on again and heading on with the intention to stop at the nearest TASS, it never appeared again.

My speedometer is not constant, the needle points and stays at wherever it wants and fluctuates constantly and there's a high variance in the fluctuations. Though the distance covered is recorded truly.

What is the approx range of speed to be driven at which gear, to achieve the best possible mileage??

Please help.
Old 4th February 2010, 01:18   #1750
BHPian

^^ Welcome to Safari Club
Old 4th February 2010, 01:49   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
This is my first post here but i am already well acquainted with this site. I have been surfing around team-bhp since quite a few months and now hoping to be active here. Its a very active automotive community and been very helpful.

The 'Service' signal often pops out and stays on as long as it wishes to and then goes off again to come on again. Is this something to be worried about , cause its surely not normal.

After about 100 kms drive, while driving at a speed of 95 to 110 kms/hr for about 45 minutes, all of a sudden I noticed some transparent white smoke out of the bonnet close to the windscreen. I instantly pulled the car to a side and turned off the engine for a while as i was worried. After turning it on again and heading on with the intention to stop at the nearest TASS, it never appeared again.

My speedometer is not constant, the needle points and stays at wherever it wants and fluctuates constantly and there's a high variance in the fluctuations. Though the distance covered is recorded truly.

What is the approx range of speed to be driven at which gear, to achieve the best possible mileage??

Please help.
Arijit,

1. Please go to the nearest TASS asap. The service signal comes in case of a problem (can start from a faulty sensor to an actual fault) detected by the ECU.

2. i change the gears approximately at 2200-2300 rpm (I have run about 15k now). Since your truck has still not crossed the "running-in" phase, please change it at 2200-2300 rpm and do not cross 100kmph.

Tejas

Tejas
Old 4th February 2010, 05:44   #1752
Distinguished - BHPian

@arjit:

The service center maybe able to read the error codes. Go as soon as possible so just in case it is something major, you can get it rectified asap.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:20   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post

Please help.
This does not look like the normal service light issue discussed here.A service light glows when the E.C.U detects a potential problem based on the sensor inputs it received.Check for oil leaks and the oil level and also coolant levels even before driving any further.Also faulty injectors can show similar symptoms.Cause of the white smoke could be leaking coolant,oil or electrical wiring.Was there any smell?Call the service center and inform them about the problem.Ask them if it is safe to drive the vehicle further.If they say yes drive it to nearest service center else call them to your place.They only need a laptop with the OBD2 software to figure out the problem normally.

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 4th February 2010 at 08:28.
Old 4th February 2010, 17:08   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Arijit,

1. Please go to the nearest TASS asap. The service signal comes in case of a problem (can start from a faulty sensor to an actual fault) detected by the ECU.

2. i change the gears approximately at 2200-2300 rpm (I have run about 15k now). Since your truck has still not crossed the "running-in" phase, please change it at 2200-2300 rpm and do not cross 100kmph.

Tejas

Tejas

thanks for your response. i change gears at 2500 to 2800 rpm. about the speed limit during the 'runnin-in' period, i am indeed aware of that but thought of skipping it when i noticed during the test drives, the vehicle requires top gear at 100, and since as far as i know, optimal fuel efficiency is achieved at a slightly higher speed than the speed which calls for the top gear.

About the service light, i did walk into the TASS on the next day of purchase to get the service light problem and the speedometer problem rectified. the guy connected his laptop, but it showed everything perfect. the problems were gone for the day but appeared on the very next day. later on the drive back home, the clutch stopped functioning after hesitating a while. on checking at a small garage on the roadside, they figured out the clutch oil to be nil. refilling the clutch oil, sorted it out. the coolant level is well below refill mark but not below half tank, hence did not worry. engine oil is yet to be checked.

the vehicle is at my hometown now, however will instruct the driver to take it to TASS and get the service signal fixed.

can u give me the customer care number?
Old 4th February 2010, 17:29   #1755
BHPian

Air Filter cleaning

Hi All,
Just wanted to know, besides scheduled services, when air filter should be cleaned? I went thru the manual, it speaks about red service band appearance on air filter! When I saw the filter, some red lining is visible inside it! So do I need to visit TASC and get it cleaned before the 3rd 15K service? or any DIY cleaning involved there?

Mine has done 12k (2 services) without any oil change, runs on normal diesel. Though there is no problem as such, but, off late (after a 3860 km Lucknow-Mumbai trip, the engine sound seems a tad more coarser!). Pl advise..

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 4th February 2010 at 17:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks