Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 15:29   #1666
BHPian

TATA Gold AMC

Hi

Has anyone taken the Tata Gold AMC for the Safari? Does this make sense

I gave my beast for 2'nd service today and the guy at TASS ( Prerna Motors, Old Madras Road) was trying to Hard-sell this to me.

Some details

Cost: 9679 ( I already Have extended Warranty)
For 3 years / 300000 KMS

Covers: brake pads, clutch, A/C Gas, Brake liners, Drive Belts, Wiper Blade Kit, Caliper Kit, Suspension Parts , Oils, Filters, Wheel alignment and Balancing, Labour charges for scheduled services

Does not cover: Bulbs, Fuses, Wheel Rim, Body Parts

Thanks
Anshuman
Old 12th January 2010, 16:02   #1667
BHPian

Has anyone got an SMS from TM-TATA stating

"Avail the Benefits & Free Checkups on your vehicle at TATA motors Free Winter Camp on 11th to 23rd Jan'10. Rush to nearest TATA Authorized Workshop."

Is this a regular checkup, or can we expect TML guys from Pune to be present there?

Cheers
Old 12th January 2010, 16:45   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
Hey all,

I noticed something very strange on my Hulk. Whenever I take a complete U turn (right) at a specific road, specific intersection in Gurgaon, I hear a loud sound from underneath. At the same spot if I take a wider U turn, there is no sound. There is nothing on the road that could brush the belly. The sound does not come anywhere else on any other road. Its just that road, that spot. It has happened a few times now and I can't figure out what or why.
Observe if there is a slope going up or down on the road or not.
Can you reproduce this sound if there is a slope or hump while taking full turn ?
If yes then ask T.A.S.S to adjust the steering idler nuts equally on both side and grease idler arm.
This problem and solution is described earlier on this thread.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:50   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Observe if there is a slope going up or down on the road or not.
Can you reproduce this sound if there is a slope or hump while taking full turn ?
If yes then ask T.A.S.S to adjust the steering idler nuts equally on both side and grease idler arm.
This problem and solution is described earlier on this thread.

@Itsmylife : +1 to amit. If the sound comes when the steering is in full lock position while taking a turn, then the bull is missing its stopper nut bush.
Old 12th January 2010, 16:53   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
Hi

Has anyone taken the Tata Gold AMC for the Safari? Does this make sense

I gave my beast for 2'nd service today and the guy at TASS ( Prerna Motors, Old Madras Road) was trying to Hard-sell this to me.

Some details

Cost: 9679 ( I already Have extended Warranty)
For 3 years / 300000 KMS

Covers: brake pads, clutch, A/C Gas, Brake liners, Drive Belts, Wiper Blade Kit, Caliper Kit, Suspension Parts , Oils, Filters, Wheel alignment and Balancing, Labour charges for scheduled services

Does not cover: Bulbs, Fuses, Wheel Rim, Body Parts

Thanks
Anshuman
Does it cover consumables like engine oil ?
Do they offer this to out of warranty vehicles as well . Does not make much sense for vehicles under warranty but other wise

Normal Service charge for Safari = 1500 Rs
Engine Oil Castrol GTX = 2100 Rs
Oil Filter = 161 Rs.

So minimum 3700 + VAT per service that is 15000 Km or 1 year.
brake liner are approx 3000 Rs but you need not change them for atleast 20 K km.
Add other consumables like wipers , caliper , AC gas
Suspension should not require any mtc for atleast 30 K interval.

So this AMC makes sense if you are out of warranty and drive more then 25 -30 K per year. May be in 5th year of ownership but I doubt if Prerna will offer it once 2.2 VTT model becomes 5 year old.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:06   #1671
BHPian

@Amitk26 and ram.west

Thanks for the prompt response.
The road is flat, no slope. Tried it on a slope, but no sound. If the sound comes everytime the steering is at full lock, it would be a concern, but this happens only at 1 particular spot. No where else do I hear the sound. There are multiple places where I take full U turn, but never been able to reproduce the sound. That is what is confusing me.

Seems strange.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2010, 17:12   #1672
Senior - BHPian

3 years and 3lac kilometers ? 10k? Cant believe it.

My warranty expires by March and I think I should get this one.
Old 12th January 2010, 17:16   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
@Amitk26 and ram.west

Thanks for the prompt response.
The road is flat, no slope. Tried it on a slope, but no sound. If the sound comes everytime the steering is at full lock, it would be a concern, but this happens only at 1 particular spot.
Trust me it is steering idler , Ask them to do as mentioned and then try at same spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3 years and 3lac kilometers ? 10k? Cant believe it.

My warranty expires by March and I think I should get this one.
JK I think 3Lac and 3 years was for his extended warranty the 10 K AMC cost IMHO is annual figure.
Old 12th January 2010, 20:58   #1674
BHPian

No I believe they are offering this only for Vehicles less than 14 months old or less than 10,000 Kms run ( Whichever is lesser).

It does cover consumables like engine oil.

I got a Table from TASS mentioning the price they are charging for various packages, Apperantly you can choose 5 years 50K Kms etc.

I'll scan and upload the table
Old 12th January 2010, 21:26   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
All Safari Owners,
I bought Safari on Oct 09, and its manufactured in August 09 (as told by Showroom person). i have two querries.
1. How to know manufacturing date.
2. Is there any retro fitting being done for this batch.

although my vehicle is running fine, with very few niggles. I was just curious for above mentioned points.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Can anyone please help me????
Old 12th January 2010, 21:57   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
1. How to know manufacturing date.
2. Is there any retro fitting being done for this batch.
1. Find the VIN number (it will be on a bar-coded sticker stuck on one of the window glass) or the complete chassis number and post it on "Decoding the VIN thread". Alternatively, check your RC book- manufacturing month/year is stamped in it and usually it is correct too.

2. Take a snap of your engine bonnet (after opening the hood) and post a close-up of area (about 1 sqft) near the wiper fluid tank (RHS facing the car). Presence of ECU cover is an indicator of retro done. There may be other retros, difficult to detect by looking, but, ECU cover is a good start.

If you are in Pune, invite me for a glass of soda water in one of the joints on F C Road. I will inspect your beast for free .

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 12th January 2010 at 22:12. Reason: minor edit
Old 13th January 2010, 14:16   #1677
Team-BHP Support

I checked with the local service center, they say safari plan is still not out. Reason is that in 30,000kms a safari takes just 2 services, so there is not much benefit. They are working on a gold plan for safari owners
Old 13th January 2010, 15:19   #1678
BHPian

I think I missed the attachments previously. Here goes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-tataamcgold20001.gif  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-tatagoldamc10001.gif  

Old 13th January 2010, 16:27   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
I think I missed the attachments previously. Here goes.
Thanks Anshuman for sharing this information.

Golden Question: When should one buy this ? and what is the catch22 situation with TML AMC . Is it a little different from what is already available

Regarding TSK question above

"What Gold Club Memberships offers you
  • This privileged membership offers you a bouquet of free services, attractive discounts and special offers, over a 2 year membership period
  • You shall be entitled for priority service at the Dealer / Tata Authorised Service Centre workshop, where you have registered for the membership. No prior appointment shall be required "
Details for the elephant are available here http://customercare.tatamotors.com/s...ri_memben.html

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 13th January 2010 at 16:32.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:05   #1680
BHPian

Been a proud owner of a Safari EX for a little over a year. Has done just a little less than 10k Kms.

I did a quick search in this thread for my problem , doesn't look like its been discussed before.

Mostly during a cold start and most of the times within a couple of meters after the vehicle starts to move, any turn of the steering wheel produces a loud clunk from somewhere in the engine area. I very lightly feel the sound in the steering wheel, so I guess it must be something in the column or related areas. Its just one clunk and nothing after that. The clunk sound like something hitting metal and is quite audible outside the car too and sounds as if, something was stuck and it was released by force

Anybody facing/faced a similar issue?

Apart from this and lots of screeches from under the seats and door rattles, I guess my ownership has been pleasant enough after my initial oil leak problems were sorted out immediately after delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks