Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 23:58   #1591
BHPian

My car is come to its first service.What want to know is what do they typically do at the first service of the safari??.Also I want to know If there are any checks,changes that i ought to ask them at the first service from the TASS guys.Please advise.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:48   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys
I need advise and fast

I got my safari serviced @ 25k kms (approx) and now the vehicle has run for 39k kms. So effectively it has climbed 14k on the ODO and the normal service schedule is 15k kms.
As my extended warranty is in force (bought the vehicle in Nov 2007), at how much kms should Ii get it serviced. I do not want the extended warranty to get lapsed!
Pl Help
Old 15th December 2009, 09:15   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Guys
I need advise and fast

I got my safari serviced @ 25k kms (approx) and now the vehicle has run for 39k kms. So effectively it has climbed 14k on the ODO and the normal service schedule is 15k kms.
As my extended warranty is in force (bought the vehicle in Nov 2007), at how much kms should Ii get it serviced. I do not want the extended warranty to get lapsed!
Pl Help
The service schedule is 15K Km or 1 year whichever is earlier.

For Nov 2007 Safari the schedule will be (assuming that you drive exactly 15K Km / year)
- 1st service Dec '07 (ODO 1500 Km)
- 2nd Service Nov '08 (ODO 15K Km)
- 3rd service Nov '09 (ODO 30 Km)
- 4th service Nov '10 (ODO 45K Km)
- 5th Service Nov '11 (ODO 60K Km)

But the condition "15K Km or 1 year whichever is earlier" would mean that you would have finished all the 5 services in the 1st year - if yr running were 60K Km in the 1st year itself.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:38   #1594
Team-BHP Support

HOw come you serviced at 25K kms?
Anyways 15000kms are over now, so get it serviced now(at 40K)
Old 15th December 2009, 10:51   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
My car is come to its first service...what do they typically do at the first service of the safari...
Owner manual service booklet/schedule will have the points mentioned. However, get the engine oil + filter changed, even if, it is not mentioned in the manual or TASS says not required. Also hoist the car on the jack and walk underbelly- try to find some oild leakage. If nothing there all fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
if this thak thak sound is normal.This sound comes in first, second and reverse gear only
I hope sound is not from steering system or suspension. Those gears you mentioned, transfer huge torque on drive train- sound could be from clutch release bearing or improper clutch setting driving the shaft sudenly. Get it checked. Experts may have some other angle too.

cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 15th December 2009 at 10:57. Reason: combine posts
Old 15th December 2009, 11:23   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Sticky !!!, even oil wont remian sticky after being burnt out due to the engine heat, I hope its not the rubber grommet of your engine cover, melting down (not unusual). No spares available for that rubber grommet.
The rubber grommet melts off and normally sticks like a piece of chewing gum on the metal stud to which it mates. Highly unlikely that in ran till the engine.
The grommet is not available, but the whole cover has to be replaced and it costs upward of 2k !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Dadu, its sticky in nature and diesel aint sticky even if it is filled with grim. The grim was cleared with high pressure wash and then air dried. After that it came back again. I only hope that injector no1 from where its most evident doesnt have a leaky O-ring or worst tar and grim due to injector blowby. More havoc here Diesel-Central.com the technical source for Diesel Truck information, Truck Pulling, and Drag Racing
Did you check the Oil Filler Plug 'o-ring' for condition?
Old 15th December 2009, 11:50   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please tell me if this thak thak sound is normal.This sound comes in first, second and reverse gear only
Its from Clutch Throwout bearing/ arm, usually it increases if you have had a clutch change and factory fitted ones have very minimal noise. TASS has scratched their heads over it and have even done a gearbox and clutch overhaul(R&D) for a member here with no positive results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey Guys
I need advise and fast

Pl Help
Kingshuk is spot on.

but if you got your service done beyond 1 year/ 15k kms at any point of time you can throw you extended warranty out, it will never be honoured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post

Did you check the Oil Filler Plug 'o-ring' for condition?
Oil doesnt remain sticky once burnt, so even if its leaking its not the same sticky material rahul has, thats why I was suspecting the rubbers
Old 15th December 2009, 11:51   #1598
BHPian

Has any one tried petronas urania in tata safari. It's CI4. any input would be appreciated as i am planning to get the same as my next oil change
Old 15th December 2009, 12:29   #1599
BHPian

@Dadu, This sound is from day one. I have shown them vehicle several times, all they do is, do some changes in Center Pin, and then say "Aini awaz ta normal aa bhaji" (This much sound is normal)

Should I ask them to open the clutch or something? I know if I will ask TASS guys again they will again open the center pin and will do s ome changes with it.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:43   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Dadu, This sound is from day one. I have shown them vehicle several times, all they do is, do some changes in Center Pin, and then say "Aini awaz ta normal aa bhaji" (This much sound is normal)

Should I ask them to open the clutch or something? I know if I will ask TASS guys again they will again open the center pin and will do s ome changes with it.
They grease it, but this is not from the centre pin. Currently the solution for Throw out bearing noise is not known.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:44   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
The service schedule is 15K Km or 1 year whichever is earlier.

For Nov 2007 Safari the schedule will be (assuming that you drive exactly 15K Km / year)
- 1st service Dec '07 (ODO 1500 Km)
- 2nd Service Nov '08 (ODO 15K Km)
- 3rd service Nov '09 (ODO 30 Km)
- 4th service Nov '10 (ODO 45K Km)
- 5th Service Nov '11 (ODO 60K Km)

But the condition "15K Km or 1 year whichever is earlier" would mean that you would have finished all the 5 services in the 1st year - if yr running were 60K Km in the 1st year itself.

Hope this clarifies the doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
HOw come you serviced at 25K kms?
Anyways 15000kms are over now, so get it serviced now(at 40K)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Its from Clutch Throwout bearing/ arm, usually it increases if you have had a clutch change and factory fitted ones have very minimal noise. TASS has scratched their heads over it and have even done a gearbox and clutch overhaul(R&D) for a member here with no positive results.

Kingshuk is spot on.

but if you got your service done beyond 1 year/ 15k kms at any point of time you can throw you extended warranty out, it will never be honoured.

Oil doesnt remain sticky once burnt, so even if its leaking its not the same sticky material rahul has, thats why I was suspecting the rubbers
Hey guys
The last service was done at 25422 kms on 11th February 2009. So I guess that I should get the next one done either in December'09 or January 2010 whenever I breach the 40k kms schedule!!! SoI have another 1k kms to go.

Thanks for the advise guys!!!
Old 15th December 2009, 12:52   #1602
BHPian

Will this cause any harm to the clutch or other components?
Old 15th December 2009, 13:36   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Will this cause any harm to the clutch or other components?
If the noise is from the clutch release bearing, then NO it does not cause any harm as per information available till date.

I suggest that you follow Jaysmokesleaves policy - Do not touch whatever is not broken.

However, if the sound really disturbs you, please check the propellar shaft for play + connection at the engine and differential end for play. The only other thing that comes to my mind is the differential itself, but that would be taking the matter too far.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:34   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Has any one tried petronas urania in tata safari. It's CI4. any input would be appreciated as i am planning to get the same as my next oil change
Yes, I am using Patronas Urania Supremo in my safari along with OWS220 engine protector. I felt marginal difference in the engine vibration and noise. Go ahead with the plan .
Old 15th December 2009, 14:57   #1605
BHPian

@Dadu, there could be any replacement? I mean can I ask them to replace something under warranty?

@King, thank you for the information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks