Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 11:08   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
and that IMHO is the job of the vaccuum accumulator.
Yes, but when it doesnt have enough to keep up with the city braking conditions where does it go ?? (you can say the pump should do the job, but in this case it isnt doing the job) thats the reason for additional tank and now they have come up with a bigger accumulater.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:13   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes, but when it doesnt have enough to keep up with the city braking conditions where does it go ?? (you can say the pump should do the job, but in this case it isnt doing the job) thats the reason for additional tank and now they have come up with a bigger accumulater.
The reasoning is correct but there is no sense in having 2 accumulators.

We have already agreed that there is a softball size spherical vaccuum accumulator (fixed on the firewall).
This link also mentions spherical accumulator .
Old 5th December 2009, 12:45   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However I am trying to reconfirm from TM (innocently) as to what the black cylindrical container is ?
better not ask them mechanics at T.A.S.S calls it "Air box" and told me it is for braking now that is rough equivalent to the component in trucks.
Old 5th December 2009, 13:42   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
better not ask them mechanics at T.A.S.S calls it "Air box" and told me it is for braking now that is rough equivalent to the component in trucks.
Trucks have air brakes. The "compressed air" is stored in 1-2 mini-bullet(s) like components at the side.

My earlier post gave links for vaccuum assist brakes, Vaccuum brakes (as in trains) and air brakes (as in Trucks).
Old 5th December 2009, 17:38   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reasoning is correct but there is no sense in having 2 accumulators.

We have already agreed that there is a softball size spherical vaccuum accumulator (fixed on the firewall).
This link also mentions spherical accumulator .
Yes, unless they could figure out how to work with only 1 sufficient one.

Good news is that now they have only one . The tank is gone.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:31   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Steering Wheel Centering

Guys,
  1. Why is it so very difficult to have a perfectly centered steering wheel on a tata safari 2.2. ?
  2. Is it due to loosely engineered steering system ?
  3. And finally how to have that perfect (not like honda ) steering center ?
Personally I find it extremely shoulder paining to drive 100kms everyday with steering wheel off its standard marks. This even gets worse when a wheel alignment is undertaken at TASS or any other place. All they do is take off the steering wheel, rotate the center pin a little left or right and then tighten it up and then its moove time for shoulders . It is even worse some times

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 5th December 2009 at 20:33. Reason: typo mistake
Old 5th December 2009, 21:01   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Guys,
  1. Why is it so very difficult to have a perfectly centered steering wheel on a tata safari 2.2. ?
  2. Is it due to loosely engineered steering system ?
  3. And finally how to have that perfect (not like honda ) steering center ?
Personally I find it extremely shoulder paining to drive 100kms everyday with steering wheel off its standard marks. This even gets worse when a wheel alignment is undertaken at TASS or any other place. All they do is take off the steering wheel, rotate the center pin a little left or right and then tighten it up and then its moove time for shoulders . It is even worse some times
The same thing was happening with me before, But nowadays whenever i get the wheel alignment done i tell the guy not to centre the steering but to tilt it towards the opposite direction in which it normally tilts.
Old 5th December 2009, 21:27   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
@Maheshmenon: what is a misaligned (turbo) hose
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
There were instances of the hose sliiping out of place reported here, so thats what mahesh is talking about.
Yup in my case it seems that the small hose that can be seen in the lower right side (inlet???) was mis-aligned. It was corrected but the problem still seems to be there. Can the EGR can be suspect now?

Already done a leak check on both the turbo hoses too so that is ruled out.
Old 6th December 2009, 11:30   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshmenon View Post
Yup in my case it seems that the small hose that can be seen in the lower right side (inlet???) was mis-aligned.
Mahesh, request more details on the location of the same
~rahul
Old 6th December 2009, 11:45   #1555
v&v
Senior - BHPian

BHPians,
I have two queries,

1. During my second service , i enquired with SA about greasing point in safari. He said the 2.2 doesnt have any greasing points only the center pin is greased. is this true or there are more points.

2. I want fix trumpet(Minda) horn in my beast. Want to keep the existing one and have this horn as additional (Two wiring or switch). Advice how to go about it. Does any one suggest the good shop to get it done in around delhi or ncr.

v&V
Old 6th December 2009, 13:13   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
BHPians,
I have two queries,

1. During my second service , i enquired with SA about greasing point in safari. He said the 2.2 doesnt have any greasing points only the center pin is greased. is this true or there are more points.

2. I want fix trumpet(Minda) horn in my beast. Want to keep the existing one and have this horn as additional (Two wiring or switch). Advice how to go about it. Does any one suggest the good shop to get it done in around delhi or ncr.

v&V
There are three greasing points in TCIC, donot know about DICOR one.
Old 6th December 2009, 16:37   #1557
KVS
BHPian

White paint mark on Black Safari

Few months back I went to attend my cousins house warming function in a WIP construction society.

As per the instructions of the security guard I parked the vehicle. By the time I returned I see all the white marks on the car. Initially I thought they are white wash marks. But I realised these are white paint marks.

I tried using Diesel to clean the marks, but it is of no use. In one of the visits to the TASS, the service person said he will get them removed with the help of 3M guys. They used turpentine and it became mess. You can see the smudged paint marks in the first photograph. Fortunately they stopped after trying one mark itself.

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-paint-marks-1.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-paint-marks-2.jpg

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-paint-marks-3.jpg

I got the waxing and polishing done from the 3M, but they are still there.

Can the expert suggest how to get rid of these marks?

Cheers

KVS
Old 6th December 2009, 17:12   #1558
BHPian

not sure, but you can try nail polish remover. Let us know if that works
Old 6th December 2009, 18:35   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Few months back I went to attend my cousins house warming function in a WIP construction society.

As per the instructions of the security guard I parked the vehicle. By the time I returned I see all the white marks on the car. Initially I thought they are white wash marks. But I realised these are white paint marks.

I tried using Diesel to clean the marks, but it is of no use. In one of the visits to the TASS, the service person said he will get them removed with the help of 3M guys. They used turpentine and it became mess. You can see the smudged paint marks in the first photograph. Fortunately they stopped after trying one mark itself.

I got the waxing and polishing done from the 3M, but they are still there.

Cheers

KVS

Hey!! so it happened with you too.
I too got same type of paint marks when my house was in the process of painting.
I tried every kind of rubbing to get rid of them but at last the simplest method worked.
"One day i tried to remove it by scraping with my nails and to my fortune, the paint mark was removed without any type of scratches, It was after that it took me some 1/2 hour only to get rid of those paint marks."
Old 7th December 2009, 02:46   #1560
RSKSafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post

If its an external paint you can try paint thinner to remove it. I had the same issue some time back. Just bought paint thinner (easily available in every paint/hardware shop).

Take little thinner on a small piece of cloth, rub the affected area. Immediately clean with a dry cloth. DO NOT RUB HARD, a gentle swipe will be enough, as if you are wiping a mirror.

Just be careful with its use, it feel cool if you touch it, but will give burning sensation on prolonged exposure. Best is wear a glove (also available in the same shop).

Let me know if it works. If you in Bangalore, I can give you a demo I have some thinner left from the last time

Thanks
Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks