Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 06:01   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
arrrg...couldn't make out anything. Looks just like some misty traces of oil- normal at joints carrying pressurized hydrocarbon. Diesel traces will be lighter and non sticky. Oil traces will probably be darker and have affinity to settle dusts. Even high temp lines/spots become tan over time. Sometimes traces of grease or loctite left over on a hot surface will stain yellow.

Looks normal to me for a motor that has run>12k kms. Just wash it off and see how soon it comes back. If 10k kms or so, then it is normal. Looks like you are out ogling every nook and crevice with a microscope

Cheers,

-BJ
BJ after much googling around, i got to know that it shouldnt be the there. Is it on your safari as well. At first glance it looked more like return pipe leakage, but then it wasnt the case so, so posted pics

Edit: Washed off yesterday morning and checked in the night. The pix are after that only.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 12th December 2009 at 06:05.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:21   #1577
Senior - BHPian

This is the link (cross posting from Maruti price list thread) to Minda OE parts list for Indian cars including Tata Safari models. Posting here to help the boarders. http://www.mindaautocare.com/car_price.pdf

@Mods- please move if not suitable here.

@Rahulk76- I will check mine and post here. Do you mind revealing the location(s) I should scan or should I do Sherlock Holmes? From pictures it looked like header area of the engine after removing the cover tray?

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 12th December 2009 at 08:22. Reason: added info on x-posting
Old 12th December 2009, 09:35   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
From pictures it looked like header area of the engine after removing the cover tray?

-BJ

Yes, thats correct BJ. I have PM'ed you my contact.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:26   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Sometimes I hear gurgling sound e.g as one gargles. This is sound is very much evident and irritating sometimes. Any ideas..

PS: My coolant level hasnt dropped significantly nor the temperature needle goes above half-mark.
Yes, its present for along time and I am observing it too. It will usually come between shifting of gears and that moslty downwards, sometimes accompanied by slightly more black smoke, than under normal running, watch your tailpipe next time.

Its too early to say what causes it, turbo spool idling or a mismatch by ECU when you are downshifting, vaccum release valve or carbon buildup. But an italian job does help reduce it to some extent, try throttling your safari in 2nd gear upto 80km/h on a long clear stretch, any carbon will be blown away in your rear view mirror.

Symptoms as above, Reasons not clear, solution not confirmed, yet.
Old 12th December 2009, 15:08   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Yes, its present for along time and I am observing it too. It will usually come between shifting of gears and that moslty downwards, sometimes accompanied by slightly more black smoke, than under normal running, watch your tailpipe next time.

Its too early to say what causes it, turbo spool idling or a mismatch by ECU when you are downshifting, vaccum release valve or carbon buildup. But an italian job does help reduce it to some extent, try throttling your safari in 2nd gear upto 80km/h on a long clear stretch, any carbon will be blown away in your rear view mirror.

Symptoms as above, Reasons not clear, solution not confirmed, yet.
Saurabh, 1000% correct this is exactly the same symptom. This is followed by a heartbeat miss from the engine then black smoke.
This I believe is the EGR opening timing and or ECU,turbo spool or may i call it boost pressure mismatch. Not sure if this happens, turbo packs up.
EDIT: This happens almost every day since I bought it.
Old 12th December 2009, 18:07   #1581
Senior - BHPian

@rahul76, Your earlier pictures do look like diesel spillage marks burnt over time, but its nothing to worry about, there's a lot of heat under the hood and with time the grime builds up.
Old 12th December 2009, 21:38   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
@rahul76, Your earlier pictures do look like diesel spillage marks burnt over time, but its nothing to worry about, there's a lot of heat under the hood and with time the grime builds up.
Dadu, its sticky in nature and diesel aint sticky even if it is filled with grim. The grim was cleared with high pressure wash and then air dried. After that it came back again. I only hope that injector no1 from where its most evident doesnt have a leaky O-ring or worst tar and grim due to injector blowby. More havoc here http://www.diesel-central.com/News/injector.htm
Old 12th December 2009, 21:46   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
BHPians,
I have two queries,

2. I want fix trumpet(Minda) horn in my beast. Want to keep the existing one and have this horn as additional (Two wiring or switch). Advice how to go about it. Does any one suggest the good shop to get it done in around delhi or ncr.

v&V
You can. Your TASS should do it for you at a price. You can tell them to put a switch so that you can use the OE ones too.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:45   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Dadu, its sticky in nature and diesel aint sticky even if it is filled with grim. The grim was cleared with high pressure wash and then air dried. After that it came back again. I only hope that injector no1 from where its most evident doesnt have a leaky O-ring or worst tar and grim due to injector blowby. More havoc here http://www.diesel-central.com/News/injector.htm

Sticky !!!, even oil wont remian sticky after being burnt out due to the engine heat, I hope its not the rubber grommet of your engine cover, melting down (not unusual). No spares available for that rubber grommet.
Old 13th December 2009, 14:11   #1585
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You can. Your TASS should do it for you at a price. You can tell them to put a switch so that you can use the OE ones too.
Thanks
Ok will ask them for this and get it fitted by them if they have.
Old 14th December 2009, 00:25   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Hey guys, how to check if Safari has been retrofitted? Is it required to be done? Or can be ignored?
hellooo!!! anybody there?
Old 14th December 2009, 10:45   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hellooo!!! anybody there?
The Godfather..the required information is already posted in this thread. Please check this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1410197
Old 14th December 2009, 11:44   #1588
BHPian

I asked my dealer just a few mins back, he said they dont have anyy information of such retrofitting. What to do now?
Old 14th December 2009, 11:57   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked my dealer just a few mins back, he said they dont have anyy information of such retrofitting. What to do now?
Can you PM me your engine number and chassis number
Old 14th December 2009, 19:51   #1590
BHPian

Please tell me if this thak thak sound is normal.This sound comes in first, second and reverse gear only

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks