Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 17:17   #931

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
To all Fluidic Verna owners

How is the sound quality of the stock ICE? How is output of the speakers? What brand is the ICE and the speaker are of? Do you think an upgrade is required? Also, is there any possibility of adding stuff to the stock ICE, such as bass tube, amps and all?
For a normal music lover, the sound quality of stock ICE is very good. Not really sure what brand the ICE and speakers are of. Unless you a big time sound freak, you won't need an ICE upgrade. I think additions like bass tube, amps etc. should not be a problem. However, you need to be careful that you don't void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
So much has been said about the handling issue of 'ANHV', that I was wondering, is it really a deal-breaker? Then, I thought, I am never going to cruise above 100 Km/h so who cares about handling issue @ that speed. I have yet to TD 'ANHV', but unfortunately none of the dealers have a petrol one so I am going to wait.
My experience on my 1.6 SX VTVT Petrol Fluidic Verna at high speeds was pretty decent. I went on a long drive (660 kms round trip) to Trichy from Chennai yesterday. The car was fully loaded with 4 Adults and 2 kids. I was hovering between 100 kmph and 120 kmph most of the time. The ride was butter smooth. No vibrations whatsoever from the engine. Great insulation inside the cabin. Could hardly hear the road noise. Everyone in the car was appreciating the car. At one point, I touched 140 just for the heck of it. The car definitely did feel a little bit like floating at that speed. Didn't want to take chances and I fell back to 110 kmph. But, who drives at that speed often?

My average fuel consumption was 14 kmpl. Please note that the car has not gone for it's first service even and most of the time, I was driving at 100+ kmph. I'm sure this car has a very high potential to return mind boggling mileage figures.

Now, to the areas that can be improved:

1. I wish the Ground clearance could have been better. I scraped the underbody atleast twice in the super tall speedbreakers in toll plazas. I think they built those speedbreakers for trucks and didn't think of sporty looking cars.

2. The High beam headlights could have been little bit more powerful. I found the intensity to be slightly less that what it should be. Did anyone else feel the same. Low Beam was quite adequate.
rajdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 17:29   #932
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
One humble request to all proud owners of ANHV
Please post PICS.
This thread of late is not getting good quality pics, Atleast pics of ANHV in various colors would give dreams to prospect buyers with more zeal to decide what suits best for their eyes.
Come on guys, take your phone, digi-cam and click some pics and post....
Hi, here is the picture of my car 1.6 CRDi SX. Sorry for the mobile cam pictures as I seem to be having some problems with my camera. Hope you like the colour

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-img2011061100004.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-img2011061100005.jpg

I have enjoyed the car much and I really like the feel of the car. Power is very linear and ride in the city is fantastic. AC is superb and blue tooth for phone is a breeze. Back seat under thigh support is the only weak area. Steering is very light and I fine with it.

Planning for a long drive over the weekend and hopefully get a better feel of the car.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 17:52   #933
BHPian

I am planning to buy an automatic transmission car in this price sedan segment.

My requirements are: Sturdyness, good road stability, low maintenance, properly priced spares & services, good customer support, good engine power & fuel efficiency and gud safety features.

I am looking out to select from SX4 AT, Verna 1.4 petrol, Verna 1.6 diesel, City AT & Vento AT. Please help me select one.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:56   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post

My requirements are: Sturdyness, good road stability, low maintenance, properly priced spares & services, good customer support, good engine power & fuel efficiency and gud safety features.

I am looking out to select from SX4 AT, Verna 1.4 petrol, Verna 1.6 diesel, City AT & Vento AT. Please help me select one.
Hyundai automatics are poor with old gen 4-speed AT system. Choose between ANHC and Vento, depending on whether you want a petrol or diesel.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 17:59   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Hi, here is the picture of my car 1.6 CRDi SX.
@KPS; Congratulations on your purchase. One of the lucky few to be able to own the diesel new Verna. The diesel variants are now on a long, long wait.

Do post your detailed initial ownership reviews.

Enjoy the car !!
Old 16th June 2011, 17:59   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Hyundai automatics are poor with old gen 4-speed AT system. Choose between ANHC and Vento, depending on whether you want a petrol or diesel.
Thanks for your helpful tip. I am more keen on diesel. So please suggest. And what is ANHC?
Old 16th June 2011, 19:00   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Quote:
Hi, here is the picture of my car 1.6 CRDi SX. Sorry for the mobile cam pictures as I seem to be having some problems with my camera. Hope you like the colour

Attachment 561482

Attachment 561483

I have enjoyed the car much and I really like the feel of the car. Power is very linear and ride in the city is fantastic. AC is superb and blue tooth for phone is a breeze. Back seat under thigh support is the only weak area. Steering is very light and I fine with it.

Planning for a long drive over the weekend and hopefully get a better feel of the car.

Cheers

KPS
Congrats! Is it an automatic? How do you rate it against its competitors? How is the gear box?
Old 16th June 2011, 19:01   #938
BHPian

Quote:
City AT, the paddle shift would be a good choice if you dont mind a petrol car.

Verna diesel AT is good, but you need to be satisfied with the 4 speed auto, would have been nice if it had atleast a 5 speed to unleash its power.

Or, you could buy a second hand Civic AT (please refer GTO's thread on the forum)

Please wait for these manufacturers to enhance their offerings soon. City is currently available with good discounts. You can pick it up now, if you dont mind a few cosmetic changes that are to happen later this year.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:02   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

We are discussing Diesel sedans upto 12L (innitially upto 8-10L) here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-upto-12l.html

Thought that it may be of some value to you.

There is little info on the New Verna and New Fiesta in that thread. Members may want to add to the discussion there too.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 19:04   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, here is the picture of my car 1.6 CRDi SX
Congrats KPS. Look forward to an ownership thread from you soon.

No offense meant but upon a casual glance, I mistook it to be the new i10

Quote:
what is ANHC?
All New Honda City (latest / current model, arrowshot design).
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 19:15   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your helpful tip. I am more keen on diesel. So please suggest. And what is ANHC?
ANHC is the current Honda City and is probably the best "PETROL" AT car you can buy in this segment, but as you are keen on diesel [with the petrol prices soaring sky high] I'm guessing we can safely rule that option out.

As per your requirements, the new Hyundai Verna comes closest but the 4 speed AT is quite poor .
The Vento seems like the logical choice in this segment right now but I suggest you wait for the Fiesta pricing to be declared and then make your choice. The VW sales and service record is not too great I hear.
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 19:25   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
ANHC is the current Honda City and is probably the best "PETROL" AT car you can buy in this segment, but as you are keen on diesel [with the petrol prices soaring sky high] I'm guessing we can safely rule that option out.

As per your requirements, the new Hyundai Verna comes closest but the 4 speed AT is quite poor .
The Vento seems like the logical choice in this segment right now but I suggest you wait for the Fiesta pricing to be declared and then make your choice. The VW sales and service record is not too great I hear.
Thanks for the valuable input. Is Fiesta also coming in automatic transmission?
Old 16th June 2011, 19:41   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable input. Is Fiesta also coming in automatic transmission?
Yes, but when it comes and how much it might cost is not known yet.
For latest news on the fiesta, follow this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-46-a-115.html

PS: Just realised that we joined TBHP at the same time

Last edited by AdrenalinJunkie : 16th June 2011 at 19:43.
Old 16th June 2011, 19:42   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Fiesta also coming in automatic transmission?
It might be in the next 6 months or so, but that would in all probability be for the petrol, not diesel.

More details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...page-46-a.html
Old 16th June 2011, 19:53   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

Which is a better VFM car:
1. Hyundai verna petrol 1.4
or
2. VW vento trendline petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks