Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 18:16   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
The 0-100 and ingear accleration numbers are available on the video comparison between verna and vento diesel from the autocar website. If i recollect it right, the 0-100 was around 10.5x - few seconds quicker than the vento and in gear acceleration timings were much better for the vento D. Do check the autocar website for these details.
BSMotoring has different stats, Verna is the winner in 0-60 and 80-120kmph.

verna does 0-60 in 10.61 s and 80-120 kmph in 7.7 compared to 11.01 s and 8 s respectively of vento.

Hyundai Verna diesel vs VW Vento diesel-Scripted to perfection
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 18:32   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
We have been blessed with decent choices in India recently, but none among them is perfect. Some of them have roomy interiors, the others have great dynamics, a couple of them are very fuel efficient and some are great lookers. To choose the best among the worst (or to pick the best mix), I don't see any other car this price or even slightly higher to have such a great bundle of positives - awesome looks, great interiors, very loaded, stonker of an engine, very fuel efficient (Read - 18.7 kmpl over 2650 kms) and Hyundai service network. Oh, and did I mention, great safety features? Braking is top-notch.

My two pence.
+1 to that . As long as you love your car and are happy with it , nothing else matters really !! Each one's requirements are different , its great that we have decent choices nowadays .
Keep your thread updated - I have been referring my friends, who are interested to buy new cars, to your thread for reading about ANHV !
Old 30th May 2011, 19:49   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
BSMotoring has different stats, Verna is the winner in 0-60 and 80-120kmph.

verna does 0-60 in 10.61 s and 80-120 kmph in 7.7 compared to 11.01 s and 8 s respectively of vento.

Hyundai Verna diesel vs VW Vento diesel-Scripted to perfection
So they did not mention 80 to 120 in which gear? So whats the point. Anyway I guess it will be 4th. So this is how it stacks up.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 10958
Size:  4.7 KB

It suggests
1) Vento has a much much stronger Midrange. Just look at 40-100 in 4th gear. This is a perfect example of midrange punch where RPM changing from 1300 to 3200 in Vento. (Need V1000 or max speed in each gear at XXXX RPM for Verna to calculate the rev range for 40-100 in 4th gear.) The Vento is 1.5X times Faster. No competetion.

2) Consider 20-80 in 3rd gear. RPM in vento varying from 900 to 3600. The Vento is almost 1.5X faster than the Verna.

3) In 80-120 in 4th gear (2500 RPM to 3800RPM) The Verna is a wee bit faster as Vento. Still nothing much to brag about.

4) 0-100 Verna is a bit faster because you keep the engine boiling on a flat out run. So Vento does not get the advantage of huge amount of low end torque.
Old 30th May 2011, 20:45   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
So they did not mention 80 to 120 in which gear? So whats the point. Anyway I guess it will be 4th. So this is how it stacks up.
I haven't driven either, neither i believe the numbers from autocar and bsmotoring. i was just pointing out discrepancy.
But, if you stick strictly to autocar numbers, you will be correct. if you stick to bsmotoring numbers, even though they haven't mentioned which gear, the result will be reverse. we don't even know who drove which cars, what was the external factors like, where it was tested, so i will take both the results with pinch of salt.

back to back drives, same driver, same environment, same weather, diesel from same gas station and many other factors are responsible. so i think, these numbers can be easily manipulated. So in my book, neither is winner. I was just pointing out that other magazine doesn't agree with autocar numbers. that's all.

its upto you to believe which one is good enough. The best perspective will come from owners for whom these numbers don't matter as much as drive-ability matters. Because i doubt if they are gonna measure it all the time.
Old 31st May 2011, 04:08   #830
BHPian

visited hyundai showroom just after a day or two from launch date, they had both petrol and diesel versions of Demo Car but the rep point blankly said we are not yet offering "Test Drives" yet.
Shocked with his statement came back but did left my contact details and I am still to hear from him even when he claimed i would be on first list of test drive.

Need Help from verna owners and other seniors here

I've a run of 1000km per month so I assume petrol is version i should be looking at ? Am i correct
with 95% city driving in my small city i don't think diesel makes sense for me currently however I am open to suggestions.

Currently I drive santro xing and completed the EMI's, so the new car itch is getting stronger day by day.
I must say i was not at all impressed by fiesta Classic, it can be my personal decision but spending 6-7 lacs on a car and not getting excited with looks and feel is a turn down for me currently.

Also I was told new verna petrol claims approx 15kmpl ?

I Simply don't believe this Statement, ANHV please post the correct figure I can't find this info anywhere yet.
If i am not mistaken this was supposed to be rule in India to mention the fuel efficiency along car specs, are car manufacturers ignoring this again ?
Old 31st May 2011, 10:49   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats Naren ! Please do start a new ownership thread and share all the details on a regular basis !

On the teflon part, it is NOT recommended on team-bhp. There are reports of Teflon breaking under open parking. Please do some R&D before finalizing on teflon. You might want to do a 3M paint protection instead.

As per your request & autoindian, i have started the new ownership reviews. right now i have just started with very few details .. once i cover 700 kms this weekend i can able to talk about the drive/Engine/transmission/comfort/ergonomics and more....
Old 31st May 2011, 11:47   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I've a run of 1000km per month so I assume petrol is version i should be looking at ? Am i correct
with 95% city driving in my small city i don't think diesel makes sense for me currently however I am open to suggestions.

Also I was told new verna petrol claims approx 15kmpl ?

I Simply don't believe this Statement, ANHV please post the correct figure I can't find this info anywhere yet.
If i am not mistaken this was supposed to be rule in India to mention the fuel efficiency along car specs, are car manufacturers ignoring this again ?
With ~1000kms a month you're in the in between zone where it couldnt hurt to go with a diesel either. I think the difference in price between the diesel and petrol is ~1.2-1.3 lakhs on road for the Verna so you'll recover the difference in fuel cost in 5-6 years at your current mileage. But if you go on long drives or your monthly mileage is bound to increase then diesel makes more sense. Also remember that resale value of a diesel car is better than the petrol so you'll make up some of the cost when selling the car.

ARAI mileage for the ANHV is 17.xx km/l. The figure for the ANHC is 16.5 km/l. But dont go by these figures obviously. In real world city driving you can expect 10-11 km/l.
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 14:13   #833
BHPian

Thanks radiokidb,
thats what I was thinking about, I'll be happy with petrol version if it gives 10-11kmpl as thats what i get on santro with A.C. on.

Also 1000km a month is max. run I would do. my current car did 52K in 5 years and i usually don't go long drives, did only one long drive trip in last 5 yrs.

Also I don't think i would be streching initial budget with 1.2 lakhs for sake of diesel version which would take 4-5 years for breakeven.

ARAI figures are under test conditions so I would not consider it when most of the roads in my city are horrible these days due to new sewer lines being installed.
A drive which was 15 mins earlier now takes more than a hour or even more to reach
getting sick of jams.
Old 1st June 2011, 03:21   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijojackson View Post
Hey Guys....

I booked vento 1.6 Diesel last month and recently happened to see the Fluidic Verna. A bit of history of past one is about a swift LXi and I drive home (Bangalore - Kerala) once in 2 months and really enjoyed highway cruising in swift. I am quite a passionate driver, enjoys engine braking, fuel efficient driving at highways. The goodies like parking sensors, electric mirrors, AUX/USB i/p doesnt drive me crazy to choose a car.Hence I chose Vento. But after seeing the new verna, its cost of the 1.6 diesel SX and *** specs, I am slightly confused.

The most important question is if i choose the verna, will i feel terrible driving it on highways compared to my swift? (Because in many reviews i heard about soft suspension, lack of stability, poor steering feedback etc of the verna).

Need help from you seniors!!!!!!!

I was in the same dilemma, i then did a test drive of both the cars again.

1. front seats are good in Verna as they are bigger than vento's. if you are a big man then this could be one factor. I am 6ft and very broad, it feels little uncomfortable.
2. the rear seats are better in vento coz of leg room.
3. In Verna you can see front down portion better than vento as Verna is higher. but on highways i think vento is better.
3. There is no steering feedback at all.
4. On highway when you are fast it feels as if you driving an tall boy, suv etc and you will feel terrible driving on highways.
5. i had a swift and i bought a vento yesterday. It is stable heavy and you can feel the road it get lighter with speed but has v good grip. where as verna feel like you are in a boat.
6. As per ride handling is concerned ( which is your main concern ) verna does not even come close.
7. gadgets are amazing in verna, reverse camera, motor folding mirrors, control on steering, blue tooth. the one which really is missed on vento is the auto folding mirrors. you can get camera from outside ( not same quality but still).

For city i think verna is good. but if you wanna drive on highway vento does not have any competition under 1200k bracket, as far as drive is concerned. That is why i took a Vento.
Old 1st June 2011, 08:51   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post

1. front seats are good in Verna as they are bigger than vento's. if you are a big man then this could be one factor. I am 6ft and very broad, it feels little uncomfortable.
3. In Verna you can see front down portion better than vento as Verna is higher. but on highways i think vento is better.
4. On highway when you are fast it feels as if you driving an tall boy, suv etc and you will feel terrible driving on highways.
5. i had a swift and i bought a vento yesterday. It is stable heavy and you can feel the road it get lighter with speed but has v good grip. where as verna feel like you are in a boat.
6. As per ride handling is concerned ( which is your main concern ) verna does not even come close.
7. gadgets are amazing in verna, reverse camera, motor folding mirrors, control on steering, blue tooth. the one which really is missed on vento is the auto folding mirrors. you can get camera from outside ( not same quality but still).

For city i think verna is good. but if you wanna drive on highway vento does not have any competition under 1200k bracket, as far as drive is concerned. That is why i took a Vento.
This is great!!! I zeroed in on the vento. Now just waiting for the delivery.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:48   #836
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Sales Grow Over 14% In May 2011- New Fluidic Verna Bookings Cross 12000 Mark !

Quote:
The sales have been largely boosted by the introduction of all new Hyundai Verna Fluidic 2011 which is creating a lot of buzz in the India auto market. With a high vale for money feature list, high performance and segment leading features, Hyundai Verna is clocking a lot of sales. In just 20 days after the launch, it has clocked over 12,000 bookings !
Wow! 12000 cars in 20 days....Almost 3x-4x of numbers from that segment leader. Waiting for the May month sale datas
Old 1st June 2011, 16:22   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar

Congratulations on your vento. I am happy with your choice, but being an owner of ANHV for over 2700 Kms, there are discrepancies I would like to point out.

The visibility inr the new Verna is as good in the city as.on the highway. Handling like a boat has been reduced to nothing more than a cliche. Ride, overdrive says, is aa good aa vento, is quicker off the block then vento and is better equipped.

All I say is that we should nor demean any product, and to each his own. No extreme comments please?
Old 1st June 2011, 20:09   #838
Senior - BHPian

This is absolutely a smashing performance if true!!! If hyundai can keep the waiting periods reasonable, i think they are in for a good sucess.

I myself is contemplating switching over to the new verna just because of the stupid waiting period for the Vento. I have booked mine and my waiting has already crossed 3 months with my car no where in sight!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Hyundai Sales Grow Over 14% In May 2011- New Fluidic Verna Bookings Cross 12000 Mark !

Wow! 12000 cars in 20 days....Almost 3x-4x of numbers from that segment leader. Waiting for the May month sale datas
Old 1st June 2011, 20:14   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

The May 2011 Sales data is already out (Refer the thread below from GTO). As expected the new Fluidic Verna has set the sales charts on fire. It has clocked 4357 in May 2011. I guess the Fluidic Verna is going to repeat the success of i20.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-figures.html
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:46   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Congratulations on your vento. I am happy with your choice, but being an owner of ANHV for over 2700 Kms, there are discrepancies I would like to point out.

The visibility inr the new Verna is as good in the city as.on the highway. Handling like a boat has been reduced to nothing more than a cliche. Ride, overdrive says, is aa good aa vento, is quicker off the block then vento and is better equipped.

All I say is that we should nor demean any product, and to each his own. No extreme comments please?
1. it is better equipped - i mentioned that.
2. the visibility is good - i mentioned that ( "vento better on highway" i meant on highways the visibility of vento would be at par as you don't have to see front down portion for turning, parking etc. i did not mean better.
3. it is quick of the block.
4. Verna steering is very light. that has been one complain by lot of people. the steering being light also meant that the ride handling is not fun. On high speed it feels like an Suv, you feel that the control is less and you feel scared. ( same reviews by many on this thread ) so feels like boat, when compared with vento on that parameter. Definitely not cliché.
5. Nothing i said demeans the product. It was my view only. had it not been for the ride handling i would have bought Verna. 5 friends, family told me to buy verna. not one told me to buy vento.

Fact : ride handling is better in vento. Other than that verna does take the cake.

IS it possible for GTO to do a comparison for future buyers as it would help them in choosing according to there requirements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks