Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 14:48   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Just came back from the Hyundai showroom - took TD of the 1.6 petrol MT for my neighbor. Features and interior are good, but the drive was terrible - extremely light steering - absolutely vague. The 1.6 petrol engine is very sluggish. Total let down.

The rear view camera offers very good clarity but my neighbor tried reversing into the showroom premises using the rear view camera and almost hit the edge of the gate - the span of the camera is very narrow - does not cover areas near the left/right rear corners...
Old 21st May 2011, 15:48   #752
Senior - BHPian

I saw two Verna test drive cars, car looks much better comparing to the outgoing model but front looks like confused one between i10 and i20. But I liked the rear, have an upmarket look.
Old 21st May 2011, 15:51   #753
BHPian

Just booked the diesel AT with Advaith. Booking experience was good, though it was a little slow. They refused to give any freebies, only mud flaps. Mats have to be bought at 1600. Extended warranty option will be known later only. Booking amount is 75000, paid 5000 for now.

Delivery is 60 days. Colour sleek silver.

Thanks to team bhp for helping me to come to this decision after a 18 month car hunt
Old 21st May 2011, 16:58   #754
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyone in Mumbai who has had a TD of CRDi or CRDi AT yet? Where can I find a TD vehicle?
Old 21st May 2011, 18:05   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Just booked the diesel AT with Advaith. Booking experience was good, though it was a little slow. They refused to give any freebies, only mud flaps. Mats have to be bought at 1600. Extended warranty option will be known later only. Booking amount is 75000, paid 5000 for now.

Congratulations incinerator on booking the first diesel AT on TBHP if I am not wrong. Don't expect any freebies for a newly launched car. Even the quotation that I received mentioned a charge of Rs 9035 for the 3rd year extended warranty for diesel & Rs 4235 for petrol variant for the different variants except fort the Auto tranny. I guess HMIL is undecided yet on the extended warranty charges for the Auto. Hope they live up to the commitment of 60 days.

Quote:
Thanks to team bhp for helping me to come to this decision after a 18 month car hunt
Phew, that's a pretty long hunt I must say. Were you just looking for the Auto? Mee too almost a year now in the hunt, but can spend another year to arrive at the best car suitable for my needs.
Old 21st May 2011, 18:17   #756

Quote:

I received the delivery y'day of mine White diesel AT from Safdarjung Hyundai-Gurgaon. The registration is with temp no. as i'll be provided Delhi registration shortly. The experience was quite friendly as we reached at 645pm and was out with a car by 7.45 as the docs were pre ready. SE Deepak explained the features in depth in assured manner.
I got the car with mud flap fitted and mats (excellent quality and fit, rounded till the door brims and covering around dead pedal very well). Feel as OE product.
PS: Nor did I not ask for the freebies and neither was told to pay for these.

The drive of 20km from showroom to residence was ideal mix. Gurgaon expressway- drove till 127 kmph , did not notice the sway, talking point in this thread, as was with out gone verna. Breaking is excellent and all disc does make difference with ABS & EBD. Engine is silent, linear and responsive.

Bumper to bumper at toll plaza, being peak hour.This is the prime reason i've opted for AT-D as mine will be primarily Delhi drive and every ones knows how taxing it is. And felt vetted with my decision.

I had already thank Tbhp for helping me to arrive at the decision to go for ANHV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay suri View Post
I have been to this thread regularly and thanks Zappo! & fellow bhpians, i did got more than what is required to make one decide, paid advance booking y'day for 1.6 D AT white.
Hope to have it soon though no commitment on delivery yet.
These are my initial response as shall keep posting my +/- experiences.

Few more points:

-Reverse camera is a necessity of this car. Should be standard for all variants. Else one needs to rely a lot on judgement factor.

- Would have chosen lower variant if it'd AT to save a bit as features provided are of two segment above, matching closely with fully loaded D segment, but then who will mind if no choice!

-And ANHV has done one thing for sure- Future Buyer's of Vento & City & ---, please wait a bit, these feature are bound to be there for them more sooner than later and may not be with much extra cost. Enjoy C segment with D+ features Just thinking now what are the extra D segment will have to offer to differ?
Old 21st May 2011, 20:13   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations incinerator on booking the first diesel AT on TBHP if I am not wrong. Don't expect any freebies for a newly launched car. Even the quotation that I received mentioned a charge of Rs 9035 for the 3rd year extended warranty for diesel & Rs 4235 for petrol variant for the different variants except fort the Auto tranny. I guess HMIL is undecided yet on the extended warranty charges for the Auto. Hope they live up to the commitment of 60 days.

Phew, that's a pretty long hunt I must say. Were you just looking for the Auto? Mee too almost a year now in the hunt, but can spend another year to arrive at the best car suitable for my needs.
Nope, no extended warranty on any varry of new Verna yet, Its just std. 2 yrs with unlimited km. Surprise, yours quotation mention this. My dealer, when specifically asked to provide,denied it and the same was confirmed by Hyundai's Delhi regional office.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:31   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Is there anyone in Mumbai who has had a TD of CRDi or CRDi AT yet? Where can I find a TD vehicle?
Had the TD of CRDi and it was a real delight. I had originally asked for the 1.6 SX Petrol TD but due to a confusion the car given to me was the CRDi at Modi Hyundai at Malad.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:45   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received the delivery y'day of mine White diesel AT from Safdarjung Hyundai-Gurgaon.
Congratulations on getting the first Verna AT on TBHP. Please share pictures

Quote:
I got the car with mud flap fitted and mats (excellent quality and fit, rounded till the door brims and covering around dead pedal very well). Feel as OE product. PS: Nor did I not ask for the freebies and neither was told to pay for these.
You seem to be amongst those lucky few who have got freebies without asking for them. Wishing you happy ownership & driving experience.
Old 21st May 2011, 21:42   #760
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received the delivery y'day of mine White diesel AT from Safdarjung Hyundai-Gurgaon.
Congrats Sanjay Suri on owing the first All New Hyundai Verna AT Diesel on T-Bhp. Keep us updated with your experiences with the mean machine. Once i am back from my trip, i would like to test drive the new Verna and experience the handling first hand. From your short report, you seem to be very happy with the car's handling at high speed.
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:52   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Just had a longish test drive of the 1.6 CRDi Sx MT at Advaith Hyundai, ORR, B'lore
Advaith Bannerghatta Road told me they dont have a test drive vehicle alloted yet!

There was an AT model on display though.

Quote:
The front seats are very spacious. You will find loads of legroom and headroom up front.
Yes the front looked well lit too. And front armrest seemed better positioned than the Vento.

Quote:
The seats are set a little low for my liking. But they offer decent lumbar support.
Ingress into the back seat felt like descending into a low-pit. Plus the rear window sills are a bit too high I thought. Not very impressed with the rear seating.
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:04   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How exactly did you come to that figure of 7.33?
Well, it wasn't quite 75% and wasn't as low as 70 and 7.33 was given based on Fourier's Laplace Transformation equation. Kidding! Just a number between 7 and 7.5.

Quote:
@ incinerator : Thank you very much for your replies. It sounds encouraging. Will have to TD for myself, of course. God knows when I'll be able to find a CRDi AT TD. HMP was not at all encouraging when I asked them about even the possibility of having one of them around.
Surprising that Mumbai, where I'd expect the highest sales of this car, doesn't have an auto TD car available. What about the other dealers? Maybe Thane has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Sanjay has the first diesel AT, maybe mine will be the first silver. I was waiting for a Diesel Auto that would be VFM. Almost bought a Laura till I read some of the reviews here, Jetta and Cruze were very poor VFM in my opinion.

Another suggestion to all prospective buyers - do the insurance yourself, I was able to shave off 17,000 from my total cost. Also check finance options carefully, I got a much better deal from my bank.

The SE also said there was no running period, but we needed to keep the rev's to < 3000 for a bit. Should be enough to do this till the first service.
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:21   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay suri

Nope, no extended warranty on any varry of new Verna yet, Its just std. 2 yrs with unlimited km. Surprise, yours quotation mention this. My dealer, when specifically asked to provide,denied it and the same was confirmed by Hyundai's Delhi regional office.
I have a third year extended warranty on my ANHV. I was charged approximately 10k for the same.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:33   #764
BHPian

Quote:
yes i did have a test drive of the sx crdi at asset hyundai kanjur marg.
Reality is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:53   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They have a test drive vehicle at Continental Hyundai, Bandra S.V. road. I have no idea if it a petrol or a diesel, let along what transmission. It is a white car, just incase you have visited them already and have already spotted the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks