Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 16:43   #661
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

'New Fluidic Verna' was launched on 11th May and today is 16th May i.e. 6th day and booking have crossed 5000+ numbers.
Excellent response.

Following is an article reflecting the same:

All new Hyundai Verna clocks 5000 bookings across India | IndianCarsBikes.in

Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 17:10   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
'New Fluidic Verna' was launched on 11th May and today is 16th May i.e. 6th day and booking have crossed 5000+ numbers.
Excellent response.

Cheers
WOW !! Thats a whopping response .. great show ANHV
Old 16th May 2011, 17:16   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent response.

All new Hyundai Verna clocks 5000 bookings across India | IndianCarsBikes.in

Cheers
When I asked the dealer (Kundan Hyundai), what is the booking amount, I was shocked to hear that it has been jacked up to 100K from the initial 50K. That is a serious amount of money. To top it the dealer levies a cancellation charge of 10K

How is the situation at other dealers, across the cities? If it is the same & still HMIL managed to clocked 5K bookings in 6 days flat, then it is really commendable
Old 16th May 2011, 18:28   #664
BHPian

I had a 5km test drive of both 1.6 VTVT and 1.6 CDRi today. Here are the observations:

1. Left the FATC to 15 degress, but it didn't feel like the cabin was getting chilled faster even after a running time of ~ 25 mins. A/c doesn't look all that effective (It was at 13:00 hrs, but our Swift Zxi cools the cabin at a faster rate. Not sure if this is because of the bigger volume of Verna in space.

2. Bottomed out once on a tall speed breaker when taken at a speed. Negotiated the same speed breaker safely when I retook it slow and cautious. Didn't find GC to be much of an issue as there were bad patches and enough speed breakers on the way.

3. Slammed the brakes from 90 kmph to zero and the response was good. I wouldn't call it sharp though! This may be attributed to the tires and hence I cannot blame the car.

4. Redlined both the cars at first two gears. (Traffic prevented me going past 90 kmph) Diesel had a distinctive roar when red lined compared to petrol and it was nice to listen to! On 1.6 Petrol, I missed the roar and the performance of the Cold air intake compared to my Swift.

5. Also sat in the rear seat to get a feel. Leg room was good and the arm rest served well. But, the under thigh support is bad. Might need to carry two pillows on long drives to be placed under the thighs.

6. Below par fabric on seats as well as doors trims for SX version (purely subjective)

7. Gear shifts were smooth and so was the clutch. Steering felt very light and good for city drives. Didn't get a chance to test at speeds past 90 kmph.

8. Rear view display on the mirror is very handy. Though I am comfortable with just the beeps from the reverse sensors, the display on mirror was clear and accurate.

9. Tried lane changes @ 90kmph from Lane 3 to lane 1. I found it quite ok with nearly no body roll. Couldn't do this beyond this speed as the intermediate ring road was fairly well occupied by lunch time traffic.

10. Instantaneous fuel mileage was shown ~ 7.3 kmpl in 1.6 petrol after red lining it for a minute. Was busy shifting gears in Diesel and missed out to notice the same on it.

Many thanks to Advaith Hyundai, ORR for letting me test these cars which took more than an hour when there were customers waiting for thier turn. The SE was enjoying the throttle being opened, but was quite nervous and grabbing the seats while testing the brakes.
Old 16th May 2011, 19:39   #665
BHPian

I too went for a test drive 1.6 CRDi, Nice car for the money,Really value for money and I booked 1.6 crdi Mid variant for my brother.

- Sreejesh
Old 16th May 2011, 19:47   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

WOW !! Thats a whopping response .. great show ANHV
That's around 30K per month, which very healthy. It shows the brand value Verna has!
Really vernacular!
Old 16th May 2011, 20:18   #667
BHPian

Congratulations to all you guys who have booked the verna. I so wanted to book the car but I cant pay 11.5 lacs for something which cant give me a comfortable ride in the rear. What would you guys suggest if its not the new verna?
Old 16th May 2011, 20:23   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Congratulations to all you guys who have booked the verna. I so wanted to book the car but I cant pay 11.5 lacs for something which cant give me a comfortable ride in the rear. What would you guys suggest if its not the new verna?
If you are looking for diesel, I will suggest the Vento, or maybe wait to check out the new Fiesta.
Old 16th May 2011, 21:09   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

I have spotted 3 Vernas since launch, these were not TD cars, they were delivered cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
When I asked the dealer (Kundan Hyundai), what is the booking amount, I was shocked to hear that it has been jacked up to 100K from the initial 50K. That is a serious amount of money. To top it the dealer levies a cancellation charge of 10K
When we booked a Santro 2 years ago they took 10k and tried to keep 2k at the time of cancellation(which we obviously did not let them). 100k with 10k cancellation charge is tooo much.
Old 16th May 2011, 21:26   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent response.

Cheers
I knew this was coming, but just did not expected that it would be so good. The Verna is by far the best choice in the C segment for an average buyer. It does almost everything very well but not the best in any one area. And that's what most people want. Great going Hyundai! After the i10 and i20 took over the lead of their respective segments, now its the turn of the Verna.

Come on Hyundai! Cash in on this and bring out the all-new stunning-looking Avante and Sonata now.
Old 16th May 2011, 21:29   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I would say it's primarily a drivers's car but don't mistake me. Apart from the lack of under knee support for tall people, it seems to be comfortable. It would be better to be strapped in under this case. Ride wise it was soft but nothing disconcerting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
I had a 5km test drive of both 1.6 VTVT and 1.6 CDRi today. Here are the observations:

3. Slammed the brakes from 90 kmph to zero and the response was good. I wouldn't call it sharp though! This may be attributed to the tires and hence I cannot blame the car.
Exactly! i know that every time i brake a little hard in the i10 as outlined in a previous post, the seat belts tug at you. Did not happen with the verna. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Diesel had a distinctive roar when red lined compared to petrol and it was nice to listen to!
That's a lovely roar that has to be heard. Thanks for confirming. Now all test drives will include a mandatory stint past 3.5k rpm. Take care guys!

Quote:
9. Tried lane changes @ 90kmph from Lane 3 to lane 1. I found it quite ok with nearly no body roll. Couldn't do this beyond this speed as the intermediate ring road was fairly well occupied by lunch time traffic.
That's my feeling too.

Quote:
10. Instantaneous fuel mileage was shown ~ 7.3 kmpl in 1.6 petrol after red lining it for a minute. Was busy shifting gears in Diesel and missed out to notice the same on it.
Specifically looked at this. It went past and showed 30 during deceleration and most of the time it hovered around 15-18 but it is a difficult task watching both this and the road. Too bad there is no proper test drive being offered unless you know the SE.

Those of you who have taken deliveries, please let us know your impressions on the following.
Driving past dusk, how effective is the auto dimming on the irvm?
Average Fuel effeciency and driving conditions.
Reversing.
AC
Braking
long drive rear seat comfort.

Last edited by optimist : 16th May 2011 at 21:44. Reason: added info request.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:05   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I have spotted 3 Vernas since launch, these were not TD cars, they were delivered cars.

When we booked a Santro 2 years ago they took 10k and tried to keep 2k at the time of cancellation(which we obviously did not let them). 100k with 10k cancellation charge is tooo much.
I booked the Verna before the official launch for 75k. I inquired what the booking amount was for i20 and the SE said 10k

100k shows tremendous self confidence.
Old 16th May 2011, 22:56   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
That's around 30K per month, which very healthy. It shows the brand value Verna has!
Really vernacular!
Actually the booking started much earlier , in April, so its pretty good but not 30K per month ! I don't know if any single car sells that many per month in India
Old 16th May 2011, 23:13   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent response.

Now that's brilliant ! Quite expected out of this car. What next - Discounts on Vento / SX4 / Linea ?

And "now" [for latest bookings] whats the waiting period like ? 2-3 months or above that? SX4 D has a waiting period of 2 months when I enquired in AVG motors, Kottayam.
Old 17th May 2011, 11:39   #675
BHPian

Hi

I have booked the CRDI 1.6 SX ( Advaith Hyundai - Bangalore)by paying 5000 Rs almost 50 days back. Today i have payed full amount. And i am in waiting list and i would get the car by early next month ( tentatively).

Waiting... waiting .... waiting....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks