Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 12:15   #556
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

The new Verna website is live. check out the link to jump directly to the website..

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...313145313.html
phoenix_rising is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 12:22   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Naren, seems you also quoting OTR of SX Crdi at Bangalore but somehow but there is a diffrence from Trident Invoice uploaded by 'Optmist'. As per him for same model OTR is rs 1138043 .

Hi

This is the break-up i got it from Advaith

1.6 CRDI SX -- 9,46,960
Insurance -- 33685
Road Tax -- 1,47,160
INC Charges -- 6,618

Total -- 11,34,422 Rs...
naren_kk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 12:29   #558
BHPian

[quote=ajaynaphade;2349836]Friends, let's get real and do not think about things which are not in our control like:

Some comparison between 1.6 basic & 1.6 SX follows:
What comprises of ‘Supervision Cluster’ (point 6) and what does point no 8 means down here, how does it helps?

Super Vision Cluster: meant for enhanced cluster panel vision by using blue & white lighting which gives a 3D feel & improves clarity while reading info reflected in cluster

ECM: Electro Chromic inside rear view mirror dims the reflection automatically thus saves the need of mirror adjustment (like in standard or day/night mirror type). helpful in reducing headlight glare by trailing vehicles specially in night without distracting drivers' vision
Old 13th May 2011, 12:32   #559
BHPian

This is a question for all those who have had a look at the interiors in flesh.
What is your opinion about the durability of the dashboard with its rubberized anti-skid mat like finish? I know the texture and feel is great, but the reason for me asking this is the highlighted areas in the pic (taken from Zappo's review) below
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-switch01_white_edit.jpg

If you notice carefully, there appears to be wear and tear noticeable on the texture patterns. Now this is on a test drive vehicle which has been on use for maybe few months to a year max. I understand that the vehicle may not have received the best of treatment from its various users at times, but still should this be a cause of concern on the longevity of the dash material?
Appreciate your views on this, since work is keeping me from visiting the showroom personally
Old 13th May 2011, 12:40   #560
BHPian

Official new Verna India website is up and running:

Old 13th May 2011, 12:45   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
Hi

1. Window knobs doesnt have the illumination light at night
2. Dissatisfaction about 4 speed automatic gears for such a premium segmnet
3.Rear seat tigh support not adequate
4. Still the New verna informations are not available in Hyundai official website.
5. Told him about the extra tax in Karnataka government above 10 lakh cars... ( For SX-O Diesel paying more 40 K as tax)

These above mentioned said points are discussed by our members. I just conveyed on-behalf of our members.

Thanks
Naren

I am buying the SX CRDI - on Road price is 10,36,000.
@Naren - From Which dealer your are buying SX CRDI for 10,36,000 OTR BLR? In that case SX (o) CRDI AT will not be more than 12L. I may be interested if its around 12L. Please clarify.
Old 13th May 2011, 13:36   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
The new Verna website is live. check out the link to jump directly to the website..

Thanks for sharing that link phoenix_rising. However sadly though the sections of Overview, Exterior, Interior, Specifications, Features etc are not working, not just for new Verna but for none of the other models. Am I missing something. Were you able to see all the details?
Old 13th May 2011, 13:37   #563
BHPian

I know comparing doesnt make any sense, that wasnt my point. My point was both are manufactured in their respective countries then why the difference. I can understand about cars like Accord, Camry, etc which are imported and will have import duty, but why these home manufactured cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In my opinion, the criteria should be based on what is available in the market, and who are the immediate competitors. In this case, it will be usual suspects – Vento, City, New Fiesta etc.

It’s mentioned in many other threads as well – comparing with US, or any other markets does not make much sense. If the Sonata is available for 10 lakhs in the US, the same car costs around 43 lakhs on-road in Singapore. That does not stop Singaporeans from buying the car
Old 13th May 2011, 13:38   #564
BHPian

Re: 1st Impressions - Standing Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Like i stated in my earlier post, checked out the car on display in the showroom. It was a white in colour SX(O) AT.
Here are a few observations & do forgive the blurry phonecam pics:
Attachment 544069
Hope this long post is useful & ill post the Mumbai Pricelist & the Tech Sheet soon.
Here is the spec sheet & pricelist for Mumbai
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv-dimensions.jpg
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv-tech-specs.jpg
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv-variants.jpg
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv-pricelist.jpg
Xehaust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 13:48   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing that link phoenix_rising. However sadly though the sections of Overview, Exterior, Interior, Specifications, Features etc are not working, not just for new Verna but for none of the other models. Am I missing something. Were you able to see all the details?
I faced this problem on Chrome, but I could see the missing sections when I opened the site in Internet Explorer.
virtualage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 14:01   #566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is the spec sheet & pricelist for Mumbai
Sorry for being slightly off-topic. I am not from Mumbai but I was just curious to know what does the "Ex-depot" section of prices mean in the bottom part of the table, and how is it relevant to buyers? For eg. the petrol SX(O) is quoted as total cost 12,11,565 and in block 2 it is quoted as 11,36,441 under ex-depot section.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th May 2011 at 14:16. Reason: missed out a few details
Old 13th May 2011, 14:15   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualage View Post
I faced this problem on Chrome, but I could see the missing sections when I opened the site in Internet Explorer.
Thanks a tonne virtualage. Earlier for me too it was not opening in Mozila Firefox, but when I opened the site in Internet Explorer I could see the missing sections as you rightly pointed out.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:21   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Sorry for being slightly off-topic. I am not from Mumbai but I was just curious to know what does the "Ex-depot" section of prices mean in the bottom part of the table, and how is it relevant to buyers? For eg. the petrol SX(O) is quoted as total cost 12,11,565 and in block 2 it is quoted as 11,36,441 under ex-depot section.
Its the prices without the levy of Octroi. So in case you have a residence outside of the octroi covered areas, you can save on the octroi tax you have to pay.

As for your example, i had to search a bit to find the prices you mentioned Your talking about the petrol SX(O) AT & the company registered price.

Last edited by Xehaust : 13th May 2011 at 15:24.
Xehaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 15:25   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like i stated in my earlier post, checked out the car on display in the showroom. It was a white in colour SX(O) AT.
Here are a few observations & do forgive the blurry phonecam pics:
Excellent thread overall and great summing up / nitpicking Xehaust
I think Hyundai has come up with a good product , being a Vento owner I am a bit jealous at the goodies being provided here and especially the diesel AT option Its great that options such as 6 airbags , embedded reverse camera and sensors , auto dimming IRVM , blinkers on the ORVMs are also being offered. Having said that I do not foresee the fluidic Verna taking Hyundai out into the "City" sub-segment given that it would still be playing catch-up on the handling, pep and build quality quotient which sets the City and Vento apart - its going to be bracketed with Maruti, Ford, Chevy and thats where potentially the pricing problem may start . IMO the pricing is fair but when people start trading off 2 airbags + discount for 6 airbags thats where pricing begins to hurt. Hope Hyundai gets the marketing right in projecting the differentiation. Great that we have one more feature laden sedan to choose from !
Old 13th May 2011, 15:29   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its the prices without the levy of Octroi. So in case you have a residence outside of the octroi covered areas, you can save on the octroi tax you have to pay.

As for your example, i had to search a bit to find the prices you mentioned Your talking about the petrol SX(O) AT & the company registered price.
Thanks for that info. My bad, it was AT all right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks