Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 12:32   #481
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Hi Team,

I couldnt see the New Verna in flesh yesterday and had planned to visit Sharayu Motors (Vashi) this evening, but as soon as i stepped out of my apartment building, lo behold, i spot the hottie right outside.

Probably some guys from one of the Auto magazines with 2 cars (Silver and a deep Violet) they were not very friendly, i asked one of them "How does she ride, is she powerful ? " and guess what he answered yes its a 1.6 as powerful as an i20 as she has the same engine. .

Everything said and done this car is a looker and have made me think about my desicion to by a ANHC last month !! Did i hurry into it ? Anyways have a look at some pictures of the ANHV i could manage.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-new-verna1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-new-verna2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-new-verna3.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-new-verna4.jpg  

Speed-Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 12:38   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Anyways have a look at some pictures of the ANHV i could manage.

The car looks pretty good, especially side profile. The only bit I did not like (of external looks) is the straight front-on view. Even though, never a fan of Hyundai cars, I kind of like their new design language - very good looking I must say
Old 12th May 2011, 12:43   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hi Team,

I couldnt see the New Verna in flesh yesterday and had planned to visit Sharayu Motors (Vashi) this evening, but as soon as i stepped out of my apartment building, lo behold, i spot the hottie right outside.
Those are some smashing pictures. This colour is simply amazing. Guys can someone tell me the ground clearance on this car. I went through the brochure; GC is not mentioned in the specifications.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:48   #484
BHPian

@ ajaynaphade:
Hey, which dealer in Pune has that Carbon grey shade? I wanna see that shade too!!

Last edited by manson : 12th May 2011 at 15:01. Reason: Kindly avoid quoting posts when not required.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:04   #485
BHPian

Why do all think ANHC is over priced? Atleast to reduce the price they didn't have a model without ABS & EBD! You pay 8.3/9.45 lakhs and SX doesn't have ABS? Why do Hundai thinks Verna doesn't need ABS, because of rear Disc? Try going into ghats/winding roads with its power and without ABS... Why always safety is last choice?
Old 12th May 2011, 13:05   #486
BHPian

Hey @shivasuma, please do not get me wrong. Let me reiterate the design flaw(s):
1) Protruding front arm rest.
2) Rear visibility, though new Verna may have the same as most of them are telling but still Hyundai has provided a solution for the same, remember rear view camera.
3) A big hump in rear which makes third adult difficult to sit.
4) Doors do not lock automatically and even if the driver lock it , anyone can open it. One of Vento owner faced such situation while driving.

So are all these not flaws?
Old 12th May 2011, 13:13   #487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Can we improve the thigh support with some sort of extra cushioning, please answer?
Please check post # 277

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...wk-4wd-19.html
Old 12th May 2011, 13:25   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Why do all think ANHC is over priced? Atleast to reduce the price they didn't have a model without ABS & EBD! You pay 8.3/9.45 lakhs and SX doesn't have ABS? Why do Hundai thinks Verna doesn't need ABS, because of rear Disc? Try going into ghats/winding roads with its power and without ABS... Why always safety is last choice?
Unless I read something wrong, I was under the impression that all models of the Verna, except the 1.4 versions, get ABS as standard. Am I wrong?
Old 12th May 2011, 13:26   #489
BHPian

I would also differ on Vento being short on equipment level - Verna SX is definitely not a superset of Vento on features. Vento comes with several features not offered by Verna: rake&reach adjustment for steering wheel, rear a/c vents, positioning of passenger seat from rear and proper driver seat height adjustment. It also comes with the gear shift indicator which I suppose was a segment first.

I have a feeling that the absence of BT and steering mounted controls is creating a false impression that Vento is not good or average on features.

Last edited by sith_lord : 12th May 2011 at 13:43.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:33   #490
BHPian

Quote:
SX has ABS and dual Airbags. Even the base 1.6 has a driver airbag and ABS.

After looking at the brochure i fail to see the point of either of the 1.4 variants. The base 1.6 variant is 66k more than the 1.4 and you get a more powerful engine, driver airbag, ABS, rear disc brakes, climate control, bluetooth and steering controls, cluster ioniser for the AC, rear defogger, rear parking sensors, front arm rest, height adjustable driver seat, and maybe another small thing or two that i missed out.

The amount of extra equipment you get over the 1.4 is HUGE! Its completely worth the 66k more you pay. I dont see why anyone should go for the base variants, it does not make sense at all! The pricing just does not make sense. The engine costs less, they get a 15k excise duty benefit on the 1.4 variants and even after cutting all the features out they priced it just 66k less. IMHO they really need to revise the pricing. The 1.4 variants need to be priced about a lakh lower than the 1.6 else i really dont see the point
Old 12th May 2011, 13:37   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ragu, I guess you have got information about ABS wrong. Only both Petrol and Diesel 1.4 L models comes without ABS. All 1.6L models (base, SX, SX(O) has ABS/ EBD)
Old 12th May 2011, 13:42   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Just an update: Yesterday, I went to have a look @ 'New Fluidic Verna', a carbon grey color. Fantastic, out of this world.
I totally agree with you, the carbon grey color is really cool and looks very good on the new verna.

I really dont want to discourage you but I dont think the new verna is VFM, the parking sensors and rear view camera are NOT features its a necessity in this vehicle. Sit in the drivers seat, look back and imagine parking the vehicle specially at night. When you sit in the rear of course everyone knows that the under thigh support is not good and also its sitting angle is not suitable for a long drive and there is no head room for 6 footers, thats all known to people who have been following the thread.

What some of us dont know is that the quality of plastic used is worse than the i20. I swear my 10 year old Opel Corsa has better quality plastic than the new verna. When you sit in the back seat checkout the plastic on the side i.e. between the front and the read door. One doesnt have to go to the gym to remove that plastic with ones bare hands. I cant do that in any other car.

Leaving with something positive, the first thing I checked yesterday was on what material the regulator was kept and it was metal which is good. Its not the case in i10 and i20, its fiber.

I was so looking forward for the new verna, but damm. Lets see what fluence has to offer on May 23rd
Old 12th May 2011, 13:47   #493
BHPian

The brochure doesn't talk about the GC of the verna , any one on the forum has an idea on this .

I was comparing the verna with the SX4 and believe i needn't mention on the GC for the Sx4 .
Old 12th May 2011, 13:47   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Unless I read something wrong, I was under the impression that all models of the Verna, except the 1.4 versions, get ABS as standard. Am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
SX has ABS and dual Airbags. Even the base 1.6 has a driver airbag and ABS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Ragu, I guess you have got information about ABS wrong. Only both Petrol and Diesel 1.4 L models comes without ABS. All 1.6L models (base, SX, SX(O) has ABS/ EBD)
Yes! I stand corrected. I misread the brochure ! I am looking at side curtain row and associating with ABS & EBD. My mistake! I apologize! Only 1.4 version doesn't come with ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post

After looking at the brochure i fail to see the point of either of the 1.4 variants. The base 1.6 variant is 66k more than the 1.4 and you get a more powerful engine, driver airbag, ABS, rear disc brakes, climate control, bluetooth and steering controls, cluster ioniser for the AC, rear defogger, rear parking sensors, front arm rest, height adjustable driver seat, and maybe another small thing or two that i missed out.

The amount of extra equipment you get over the 1.4 is HUGE! Its completely worth the 66k more you pay. I dont see why anyone should go for the base variants, it does not make sense at all!
You have no idea how Indian mentality thinks! A year back when I bought Fiesta, my colleague bought Limited edition Fiesta. Basically this was Fiesta EXI with MP3 player and 4 speakers (some others feature also). We both qualified to get Ford supplier pricing! However limited edition doesn't comes under supplier pricing. The difference between Limited edition and SXI supplier pricing was 20K. My colleague didn't see value worth of all the things SXI could give and went with Limited edition.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 12th May 2011 at 13:54.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:52   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Strangely though there is no ad of the new Verna in today's TOI, whereas the Pune Times carries an ad of Optra Magnum Diesel @ 8.62 lacs (free insurance). Is this the new Verna effect?

Article Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Friends – I was looking at a diesel sedan with budget constraint of 10 Lakhs, My options was limited to Sx4 D (VDi) and now the Verna (1.4 ).
Anyone who can live without few (if at all) gizmos and is looking for a comfortable and spacious diesel must test drive the Optra Magnum Diesel. Words won't do justice to the driving pleasure. Stonker of an engine (1991cc, 304Nm Torque, 125bhp). Lots of space. Absolutely brilliant ride. Excellent high speed composure, especially in a straight line. All 4 disc brakes. etc etc. Poor resale value and a dated look make this beast sell under 10L OTR in Delhi for the LT model. The LS is cheaper by about 1L.

GM has been offering about 30k discount on this for a few months atleast, under one name or another.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks