Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 12:56   #691
BHPian

Guys the new verna is booking very well, i was shocked to hear that some Se are asking for 1lac booking amount,i went to see the car on 11 may,as i knew the sales guy, i booked it only for 25k . he told me waiting period is 1 month.cancellation is 2500.i went back on mon to see if test vehicle had come,but they dint have any car,he told me the car was stuck for regstration, should be with them in few days.gonna test it well on empty road,mite even test iit on the worli sealink for high speed.

Guys i agree tat SX O is very xpensive from SX, for most people SX makes more sense,But iam a little greedy to get all features..always dreamt of start and stop butto start feature,as i was considering cruz auto, iam very happy to settle for new verna SX O.i currenty own verna,which has been troubleless car,coz thats my everyday car,and on weekends i use the civic.Very happy i waited and dint rush for either the vento or the cruz.iam very happy with hyundia service. Very xcited for the verna to arrive.congrats to all who booked this wonderful car.

One more thing forgot to mention is, factory fitted stuff is much better than after market,at least that what i have observed,coz after they open up the seats and other fittings,it never back how it was when the car came from the showroom,! thing is good with SX O trim is that i have to add nothing after market.only sun flim i guess.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th May 2011 at 18:02. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
jeetu4444 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th May 2011, 14:26   #692
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

The CRDI SX (O) stole my heart but after much thought I opted to book for a CRDI SX. For me the deal breaker was the road tax in Karnataka which is 18.87% (Rs. 1,92,078)for the SX(O) whilst 15.54% (Rs. 1,47,160) for the SX.

In Bangalore the difference in on-road cost between CRDI SX (O) and CRDI SX is Rs. 1,18,407/- which is way to high for the additional four features of leather upholstery, 6 airbags, Start/Stop button and chrome door handles.

Should get my car in June.

Cheers

KPS
Old 18th May 2011, 14:53   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
If you keep your elbow joint on the armrest, your palm doesn't reach the gear knob! Sameway, if you grab the gear knob, you can't keep your elbow on the armrest! It may just be used to rest the hand while not changing the gear, resulting in continuous exercise to the elbow
Attachment 544954
You can move the armrest forward, did you ?
Old 18th May 2011, 17:12   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post

Yes you can. The standard & forward pics of armrest posted for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-standard-position.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th May 2011, 18:36   #695
BHPian

Guys, any idea why they didn't badge this beauty as i30 instead of Verna ? I thought Hyundai was going the "i" way with all their cars and we've also had reports of the i45 being tested which is probably going to be the replacement for Sonata.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:25   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Guys, any idea why they didn't badge this beauty as i30 instead of Verna ? I thought Hyundai was going the "i" way with all their cars and we've also had reports of the i45 being tested which is probably going to be the replacement for Sonata.
Quite simple, i30 is an entirely different car. It should be a segment above the Verna - more like a hatch version of the Elantra.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:58   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Nope. It didnt flash to me it can be like that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
Yes you can. The standard & forward pics of armrest posted for reference
Thats really nice!! Cool thinking :-) And that's certainly 'learning from others' mistake' (read Vento) ;-)
Old 18th May 2011, 21:21   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Now, I am just waiting for HMIL to launch a ‘Car Configurator’ sort of stuff and allows a customer to configure his/her own car.
Am I sounding too greedy
I am willing to bet that it will never happen. The reply i got when i asked some senior execs at a dealer to sell the SX(O) (Not one but a 100 cars) to me without wheels is that they will not change their assembly line. Still i'd glady be proved wrong.

btw how many of you would like to have your own alloys and tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Nope. It didnt flash to me it can be like that!!

Thats really nice!! Cool thinking :-) And that's certainly 'learning from others' mistake' (read Vento) ;-)
It's easy to reach the handbrake when it is at the rear and when it's forward, i could rest my elbow while holding the gear, ready for action.

Last edited by optimist : 18th May 2011 at 21:26.
optimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 11:24   #699
BHPian

Really contemplating on owning this machine.
Though Vento was on the top of my list had to give up because of its A.S.S. and cost of owning which is going to be little more than a Verna i suppose (and hope).
Vento has its brand value and gives you a classy feeling to your personality.

The name VERNA has been around for really long and its a very boring name for me to hear.
They should tried giving it a better name.
Till now i have seen only the pictures and read the reviews all over the internet.

Looking forward to do the test drive i have scheduled for this afternoon.

What all should i look in when i go in for a test drive.

Is the there still a thread on what all to check for in a car when you do a test drive, if not, may the moderators can start a detail thread and what all to look for when you do a test drive, and make it simple for people not to get confused/ carried away by just what the sales guy tell you.

The on-road price of the car seems to be on the higher side by a Lakh for the class, but then, yeah it is loaded.
May be customizable options are the way to go, cause i like my car to have my personal touch with its unique alloy wheels and a ICE of personal choice.

These days the car manufacturers are getting smarter by loading all the features by themselves giving no room for market additions. But its got a good side and a bad side to it.
Good side you don't need to touch a screw on your beauty.
Bad side it will be the same as any others beauty.

Hope i could trade the alloys and ICE once i get em ;-) and there is room for addition of ICE of our personal choice.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:35   #700
BHPian

@optimist, I very much liked the alloys given by ‘ANHV’, so I may not go for a change.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th May 2011 at 12:28. Reason: Hi Ajaynaphade, we try discourage any tallying of purchases etc in review threads - hence your post has been edited. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:38   #701
BHPian

Ok guys, I did the TD of the 1.6 AT D yesterday.

Tried to get the car with Trident first, they asked me to go to Sankey road, told them I was too far away. They said they would try and organise for one and let me know.

Advaith agreed to send the car within a day, seemed a little more responsive.

The car was a nice white, only the TD sticker on the side made it look a little odd. Will post pics soon.

My impressions:

1) Doors do close with a nice thud, maybe not as solid as the European ones, but a nice thud all the same.
2) The start/stop button may not be worth the extra Rs., but the boy in me still loved the feeling of the push button, keyless start
3) Slamming on the accelerator did make it take off, quite impressive, the power for the capacity.
4) The engine did sound slightly strained above 4000 rpm, but I guess any car would!
5) Bad roads were not too bad to pass over, but at moderate speeds, it can be a bit bumpy (I mean like half made roads with gelly stones).
6) Rear seat is comfortable, but the under thigh thing could be a bother - not the car to be chauffer driven in.
7) Radio output was so-so on the speakers, phone conversation on BT was good and music from the phone sounded much better on the speakers.
8) Leather seats and overall fit and finish were quite good.
9) Reverse cam does seem to be a necessity.
10) Brakes are excellent.

OTR price is 13,43,326! Can anyone tell me if insurance is charged on ex-showroom rate or OTR rate? If ex-showroom, my insurance man tells me that Advaith's rate is around 16,000 more than what he can offer.

I'm planning to book it this Sat. Colours are a little boring, but I plan to pick from black, white or silver. Booking amount - 75 Gs!! I will try to convince him to do it with 5. Delivery is 3 months already, but he may do it in 2.

Pics shortly.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:39   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Ok guys, I did the TD of the 1.6 AT D yesterday.

OTR price is 13,43,326! Can anyone tell me if insurance is charged on ex-showroom rate or OTR rate? If ex-showroom, my insurance man tells me that Advaith's rate is around 16,000 more than what he can offer.

Pics shortly.

On road (OTR) price is inclusive of insurance, registration, additional warranty etc. & these thing are added on Ex. S/R which finally becomes OTR.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:42   #703
BHPian

Some pics from yesterday's TD (taken with a phone).

Regarding the key, engine will not start if key is outside the car. Door can be unlocked by another person only if the person with the key in his pocket is very close to the car.

Once started, car can be driven away, even if person with the key gets off midway, but it can't be restarted. So make sure the driver has the key at all times! Remote boot opening was a cinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
On road (OTR) price is inclusive of insurance, registration, additional warranty etc. & these thing are added on Ex. S/R which finally becomes OTR.
OTR is a total of all these, yes, but insurance premium is calculated on what? EX SR or on full total?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0120.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0121.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0122.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0123.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0124.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0125.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0126.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-imag0127.jpg  

Old 19th May 2011, 13:57   #704
Senior - BHPian

In the opening post of the thread there is mention of huge panel gaps at the rear. I did not see that on cars I drove. Can the others confirm that it was only on the cars test driven at the start of this thread?

Last edited by srishiva : 19th May 2011 at 14:04.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:24   #705
BHPian

i also booked 1.6 Crdi Base and should get it in 12 more days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks