Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 22:08   #796
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Thanks for the Amazing review! I booked my 1.6 CRDi VGT yesterday. My uncle booked the Diesel Auto.
I see that you have already registered your car. Congrats on your booking

Also see this interesting thread on Hyundai

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ng-growth.html

Last edited by KPS : 25th May 2011 at 22:11. Reason: added a thread
Old 26th May 2011, 01:34   #797
Senior - BHPian

One observation about handling - Though the wallowy nature shows up only in high speeds, the disappointing part is the steering feedback which is very much similar to i20. It doesnt give you any feedback what so ever and this to me was the biggest deal breaker. High speed handling characteristics can be attributed to speeds of greater than 120 or above, but steering feedback and response can be felt as soon as you start driving the car.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:40   #798
BHPian

Hi

****** TOOK THE DELIVERY OF NEW VERNA LAST SATURDAY ********

Model : SX Diesel - Black Color

KMS Done : 300

Showroom : Advaith, Bangalore

Pros :

1. Interiors

2. Exterior design

3. Bluetooth connectivity

4. Reverse parking sensor/camera

Cons;

1. Ground clerance is not good. Need to be very careful on the bumps/Speed brakers especially with 4 people in the car.

2. Maintenace is more if you choose for black color.

I have showed this car to almost ~200 people and the general review i got from them is about interiors/ exteriors, reverse parking sensor/camera and value for money.

I will post the pictures of the car once i am done with 3M teflon coat. Overall experiance with the car is good.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:40   #799
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please post the soft copy of the Fluidic Verna brochure over here? When I went to the showroom couple of days back the brochure was yet to arrive. Had asked the SR to inform me once the brochure arrives, but haven't received any response yet. I hope the brochures might have arrived at the showrooms by now.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:47   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can someone please post the soft copy of the Fluidic Verna brochure over here? When I went to the showroom couple of days back the brochure was yet to arrive. Had asked the SR to inform me once the brochure arrives, but haven't received any response yet. I hope the brochures might have arrived at the showrooms by now.

Hi

Go to the Hyundai India official website and you can get all the details...

Regards
Naren
Old 26th May 2011, 10:53   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Here you go.... http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/wcm/gro...ent/276653.pdf
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 15:27   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
17000 rs diffrence in insurance!, what was the amount quoted. Saw in price list posted few pages back for AT insurance premium was Rs 42419. What was mentioned in your quote?
The premium indicated by you is what was quoted by the showroom. My insurance chap charged me 26,000 odd. I double checked to make sure it was calculated properly, which I understand is 90-95% of the ex-showroom price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Read news on BBC that "Hyundai, South Korea's top carmaker, has warned of a severe production disruption, because of a shortage of engine parts".

The news link: BBC News - Carmaker Hyundai warns of serious supply disruption
(Mods, Is the link ok else please remove it)

Hope this does not affect delivery periods here.
I don't think this will affect Indian deliveries as manufacture is done in Chennai. However, if HMIL is getting sub components from the particular factory on strike in Ulsan, then we could be in trouble.

It's only been 5 days since my booking, another 55 days to go! Hope there are no further delays.
incinerator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 16:47   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
Hi

Model : SX Diesel - Black Color

KMS Done : 300
How come I missed out on this. Congratulations to you Naren, so the Fluidic Verna tribe is growing on TBHP. Please start your separate ownership thread & share your driving experience with loads of pictures. I think black Verna with those 16 inchers would be looking smashing, can't wait to see her.

Wishing you many many happy (s)miles with your priced possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
Thats a bommer, I booked the verna on Saturday and the two month waiting seems like eternity! Wait on
Hey dionysus, good to see that you are sporting the Fluidic Verna in your new Avatar. Don't worry, you will get your Verna sooner than later. Just a small suggestion. If you upload a picture of the Verna with the headlights & fog lamps ON, that would look real smashing

Last edited by AutoIndian : 26th May 2011 at 16:54. Reason: Added note for dionysus
Old 26th May 2011, 22:05   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I will post the pictures of the car once i am done with 3M teflon coat. Overall experiance with the car is good.
Congrats Naren ! Please do start a new ownership thread and share all the details on a regular basis !

On the teflon part, it is NOT recommended on team-bhp. There are reports of Teflon breaking under open parking. Please do some R&D before finalizing on teflon. You might want to do a 3M paint protection instead.
Old 26th May 2011, 22:50   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Saw in price list posted few pages back for AT insurance premium was Rs 42419. What was mentioned in your quote?

GUYS !!

What are you all paying ?? I paid ~45k for the 320d's insurance !! Please, I sincerely urge you all to do research and do your homework, and then take an informed decision.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 08:25   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Cons;

1. Ground clerance is not good. Need to be very careful on the bumps/Speed brakers especially with 4 people in the car.
This is really surprising. The Sipcot Industrial road adjacent to the Hyundai factory has got some of the most terrible speedbreakers anywhere near Chennai. If the car can clear those speedbreakers then they can probably clear any other speedbreaker anywhere. The cars probably clear those by travelling in the container lorries.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2011 at 15:48. Reason: Fixing quote tags.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:50   #807
BHPian

Went for a rather shortish TD of the new Verna yesterday with a friend of mine. Drove both petrol and the diesel cars. A few observations from my side.

1. Looks: To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed on seeing the new Verna in flesh. It may due to the weight of expectations building up for so long with rave comments by so many people on this thread.
2. Exteriors look neat with nothing much to complain about (at least from me). The plastic panel after the rear window does look cheap though.
3. Interiors, Front: The driver's seat as well as the front passenger seat were comfortable. No complaints there. The driver's footwell area seemed a bit cramped to me. Anybody else thought so?
4. Interiors, Rear: The rear seat is a different story though. I never thought the rear seat design could be a deal breaker for me. Its set looooooow, no under-thigh support, tiny window panes, gives an extremely uncomfortable cooped up feeling.
5. The rear leg room is very good though. I am 5'10'', and even with the front seat fully pushed back leg room was not an issue.
6. The AC seemed adequate for me and I had no complaints. My AC requirements are bare minimum though.
7. Coming to the drive, I must admit, the engines were super silent! Indeed, commendable work from Hyundai there.
8. The petrol TD was kind of uneventful with nothing much to mention, except that the soft suspension does soak up potholes and bad roads quite well.
9. When we returned from the petrol TD, someone else was just taking out the diesel one for a TD. We just hopped on to the rear seats to check out the riding comfort and thats where the fun started.
10. All the problems with the rear seat that I mentioned above actually became evident now. My friend actually had a little leg pain after around 10 minutes of TD (during which we were in rear seat).
11. As we crossed one of the typical Bangalore speed breaker (this is on the service road of the ORR), scrap!, the suspension planted a nice little peck on the road hump. Just to be fair, this was with four well built (at least weight wise ) men in the car. We had negotiated the same hump sometime back in the petrol car without any event, but that was with much less weight on the rear.
12. As for the diesel engine itself, it felt quite good and powerful to drive. We couldn't reach any serious speeds on the crowded roads to test the handling. It seemed to drag on the low RPMs and the soft little kick you get around 1700s was nice to feel.
13. Another minor point that I noticed is that for the SX variant, the remote key does not have the boot opening option. It is available only with the SX(O) smart key.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:58   #808
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post

GUYS !!

What are you all paying ?? I paid ~45k for the 320d's insurance !! Please, I sincerely urge you all to do research and do your homework, and then take an informed decision.
+1. The insurance figures in Bangalore just doesn't add up. I will be transferring my NCB so I will not be taking the Insurance through the dealership thus I have not gone about checking the figures.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:11   #809
BHPian

A site called ecardlr.com lists 0 - 60 and 0 - 100 timings for the Verna Crdi in a comparison between SX4. Times seem reasonably correct. I did not see these times in the review so I'm posting it here.

Car Comparison Between SX4 ZDI Leather vs Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX (D) on ecardlr.com
Old 27th May 2011, 17:18   #810
Senior - BHPian

My friend and I accompanied two of our friends to the Hyundai showroom today to check out the new Verna. They were both looking for the diesel version, which was not available for TD. So we only checked out the display car in the showroom.

1. Looks: I think the car looks good enough. I'm not a big fan of the front, but I like the side profile and the rear.

2. Interiors: The dash looks and feels very good. Steering wheel felt good to hold, though it's not as meaty as in my Punto. The fake wood is not to my taste and the power window switches look out of place in a 10L car (only look so, don't feel cheap or flimsy to the touch). The cover of the external RVM adjustment button already had some play, I thought it may come off if used constantly.

3. Front seats: We checked out the SX (O) AT version which had leather seats. I felt the seats lack under-thigh support - I was comparing it to my Punto. Same opinion was shared by one of my friends who was evaluating the Verna on our way back to office (he travelled in the front seat of my Punto). The seat height adjustment isn't very useful either. Since it was the AT version, space in the footwell was not an issue. I could not get a decent view through the internal RVM even after adjusting seat height. The angle of the rear windshield plus the headrests at the back make it nearly impossible to see what's behind.

4. Rear seats: Rear seats are set low, and they lack under-thigh support. Rear leg room isn't too great either. Initially I thought the rear leg room was OK, since my front who is nearly 6-foot tall had just enough room at the rear even though the front seats were pushed all the way back. When I got into the front seat, I found that even with front seats pushed all the way back, I could still reach the pedals easily - and I'm only just shy of 5-foot-8 (no way that's happening in my Punto) - so I concluded that front seat travel is possibly limited. In that context, it would be interesting to know how the 6-foot+ guys would find the front seats during long journeys (especially if they like driving with seats pushed back). In terms of shoulder room, the rear is strictly for 2, a third person is a very tight fit. My friends were not impressed, since the same set of guys had test driven the Vento with 4 guys at the back (admittedly not comfortable, but 4 guys still fit in. Whereas in Verna, we couldn't imagine having a 4th guy in the rear seat).

In the end, both the guys who were looking to buy the car were not very impressed with what they saw. Both are a bit closer to buying the Vento now, but still waiting for the Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks