Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 10:10   #721
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2011 at 18:37.
rkap01 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th May 2011, 11:59   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, carblogindia has published a report comparing the front runners in C segment cars on various aspects. Cars are ANHC, Vento, Verna & SX4. Go through the link below.

Best Sedan Car In India For 10 Lakh Price Budget- Comparison Of Hyundai Verna Fluidic, Honda City iVTEC, Maruti SX4 and Volkswagen Vento
This seems heavily biased towards new Verna. They have given it 9-9.5 almost on all counts.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:04   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
For those who do not have the price list of new Verna, here it is. Please note this is Bangalore pricing.
Blue Hyundai should pay more attention to the spelling on the price list. It says 'Deisel'
Old 20th May 2011, 12:04   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, carblogindia has published a report comparing the front runners in C segment cars on various aspects. Cars are ANHC, Vento, Verna & SX4. Go through the link below.

Best Sedan Car In India For 10 Lakh Price Budget- Comparison Of Hyundai Verna Fluidic, Honda City iVTEC, Maruti SX4 and Volkswagen Vento
This review seems to be biased towards Verna!

here are excerpts

Honda city Interiors " however, rear seats may not be very comfortable with three heavy build adult passengers at rear seat"

SX4 Interiors : "The rear seat comfort and leg room is good at front and rear both"

He shows side profile of all car interiors except Verna! Its proven from most user review here in Team-BHp that City still leads in terms of rear seat comfort.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:26   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
This seems heavily biased towards new Verna. They have given it 9-9.5 almost on all counts.
Can't really talk about this specific review, especially since I haven't experienced the the Verna. My impression of comparisons just after new launches is that they are almost always favoring the new launches and at times it seems fishy.

Such things make TBhp even more valuable because of it's unbiased nature.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:31   #726
Senior - BHPian

^^

Being biased is one thing. I am ready to bet my behind that the fellow who wrote this "comparo" has not even seen the new Verna in the flesh, let alone touch, feel, drive it.

He seems to go purely by whats on paper (peak torque RPM, BHP et all). Somebody with half a mind could put together this trash in a matter of minutes. And to think they actually get paid for it. Darned jokers.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:06   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is the reason why I loved T-BHP in the first place. I doubt if he even knows what he is talking about. His decision is made from the start of the article. 8/10 for city, 8.5/10 for vanto and 9-9.5/10 for verna on all counts. And Verna becomes the best performance oriented car in the end. What a joke!
Old 20th May 2011, 13:12   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
This review seems to be biased towards Verna!

here are excerpts

Honda city Interiors " however, rear seats may not be very comfortable with three heavy build adult passengers at rear seat"

SX4 Interiors : "The rear seat comfort and leg room is good at front and rear both"

He shows side profile of all car interiors except Verna! Its proven from most user review here in Team-BHp that City still leads in terms of rear seat comfort.
absolutely right , you are spot on , the city has the best rear legroom in its class closely followed by vento , i checked out the rear seats of the new verna and due to the slopping roofline , the seats have been placed very low to increase headroom , thus they lack under thigh support .
Old 20th May 2011, 13:13   #729
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has a clue about the 1.4 engine for the Verna? I know we are all enthusiasts and love the bigger engine but how does the 1.4 compare to the other ones available in the market? I couldnt find any mention of it anywhere.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:27   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Anyone has a clue about the 1.4 engine
Isnt it the exact same one plonked in the i20? IMO getting a test drive for an i20 diesel would be much easier than getting one for the Verna (what with 5000 bookings in 5 days). Would like to be wrong here though.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 14:06   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Isnt it the exact same one plonked in the i20? IMO getting a test drive for an i20 diesel would be much easier than getting one for the Verna (what with 5000 bookings in 5 days). Would like to be wrong here though.
Yeah, you are right. The specs on both look exactly the same. Considering similar pricing as well, looks like it might pull some customers from i20 considering a bigger car at the same price.
Old 20th May 2011, 14:29   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks like it might pull some customers from i20 considering a bigger car at the same price.
I kinda doubt that mate. Check out the ex showroom Delhi pricing between the two:

Verna 1.4 - 809,000
i20 1.4 era (base) - 579,759

Feature for feature, I guess the above 2 are evenly matched. Another comparo:

i20 Asta - 705,261

Now Asta is loaded to the hilt with safety and convenience features which the Verna 1.4 lacks except for power steering, HVAC, music system and power windows AND the hatch is a little over a lac cheaper.

I for one think that people would give this (1.4 verna) a miss unless they REALLY REALLY need (rather want) that big car image. If I had to decide between the two, the 1.4 Verna would vanish quicker than a steaming hot tandoori chicken left alone with me.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 20th May 2011 at 14:32.
Old 20th May 2011, 15:16   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I kinda doubt that mate.

I for one think that people would give this (1.4 verna) a miss unless they REALLY REALLY need (rather want) that big car image. If I had to decide between the two, the 1.4 Verna would vanish quicker than a steaming hot tandoori chicken left alone with me.

oh yeah, my bad. I saw the Verna pricing in Del and i20 pricing for Bangalore . I guess thats the main reason why no one is even looking at the 1.4 Verna and drooling over the 1.6. Makes so much more sense.
Old 20th May 2011, 15:35   #734
BHPian

Quote:
oh yeah, my bad. I saw the Verna pricing in Del and i20 pricing for Bangalore . I guess thats the main reason why no one is even looking at the 1.4 Verna and drooling over the 1.6. Makes so much more sense.
So true. Except for the boot, The Verna 1.4 Diesel does not make a lot of sense. You will end up paying more for lesser features and the same engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualManuel View Post
Blue Hyundai should pay more attention to the spelling on the price list. It says 'Deisel'
Yeah. It also says Crdi "1.5" AT. Guess they got confused with the old Verna 1.5
Old 20th May 2011, 17:39   #735
BHPian

Does anyone here have info on the max speed of 1.6 CRDi, Ground clearance and service interval alongwith standard warranty and extended warranty options. I went to Samara Hyundai at Delhi. Couldnt get any confirmation on the above figures as it was Sunday and they didnt have anyone to answer these queries. The SE though mentioned GC as 165mm but other questions he preferred not to answer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks