Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 12:33   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

@Optimist, Thanks for the detailed replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Congratulations to all you guys who have booked the verna. I so wanted to book the car but I cant pay 11.5 lacs for something which cant give me a comfortable ride in the rear. What would you guys suggest if its not the new verna?
@serrjinair, for a comfortable ride in the rear, if you can live with a car that looks old, consider the Otpra Magnum. Especially if you intend to keep the car for long enough as the resale isn't good. Besides that it is a brilliant car.

Had test-driven a few cars for my purchase decision and started a couple of threads at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sx4-manza.html

and discussed purchase decisions at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...continued.html

Smartcat's ranking of sedans under 12L is also a very useful thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-ranking.html

By the way, the Optra was ranked the highest in ride comfort in the rankings. Was second overall and topped the diesel list alongwith the SX4.

@all the fellows who booked the Verna - Congrats! It's quite a looker.
Old 17th May 2011, 13:30   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now that's brilliant ! Quite expected out of this car. What next - Discounts on Vento / SX4 / Linea ?
Lets sincerly hope so, it starts raining discounts with the onset of monsoon & the launch of 2011 Fiesta. BTW Many Happy Returns to you swiftnfurious on your birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
Hi I have booked the CRDI 1.6 SX ( Advaith Hyundai - Bangalore)by paying 5000 Rs almost 50 days back. Today i have payed full amount. And i am in waiting list and i would get the car by early next month ( tentatively). Waiting... waiting .... waiting....
Just 5K as a booking amount, you are really very lucky. Congratulations on your booking & wishing you get the delivery of your dream machine at the earliest.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:21   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

And "now" [for latest bookings] whats the waiting period like ? 2-3 months or above that?
Delivery in Chennai is super quick for Verna RB...2-3 weeks from the date of the confirmed order.
Old 17th May 2011, 15:37   #679
Senior - BHPian

Good afternoon, gents. Managed to take some time off this Sunday and went to check out the new Verna at HMP. Their TD car "was not registered" and therefore no TDs. Also, the TD vehicle was a 1.6 VTVT and not a CRDi. I was told that there probably won't be a CRDi for TD at all, since "the company knows it will sell well anyway". Talk about stupid responses.

I went to HMP with some expectation because I was under the impression they would be the only ones having a TD vehicle. Even when I wanted to TD the old Verna AT, only HMP had a TD vehicle.

The car on display was a CRDi SX in purple. I quite dislike the shade. Delivery of anything would take 6-8 weeks I was told, unless I wanted a purple 1.6 VTVT. The sales rep might have probably been referring to the display vehicle itself.

My impressions about the car. At 6'1", I found the front quite comfortable and had no problem finding a good driving position. I do agree with someone here who said that the height adjustment is hardly useful. Rear is a bit uncomfortable, yes, but I can't comment about the lack of under-thigh support because I don't get that in any car smaller than a large D-segment sedan. Typical Korean tinny build quality, doors shut with a sound I'm not too comfortable after getting used to the German thud.

Zappo, panel gaps were quite even throughout the body, checked specially for this. C-pillar plastic piece behind the passenger window is seriously el cheapo.

The feature list delights, I find the SX quite well equipped too. The SX (O) costs about 90k more than the SX, and apart from the airbags, I don't know if I would want to spend that kinda money for the added features. SX (O) AT is ~12.65L OTR Mumbai. Dock about 70k for the AT and another 90k if you want the SX. Can't wait to put that engine through its paces
Old 17th May 2011, 15:51   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Their TD car "was not registered" and therefore no TDs. Also, the TD vehicle was a 1.6 VTVT and not a CRDi. I was told that there probably won't be a CRDi for TD at all, since "the company knows it will sell well anyway". Talk about stupid responses.
Even the car that I test drove "was not registered", it being a CRDi. On top of that the Sales Rep allowed me a 25kms test drive (that too with my full family), I am feeling here really lucky.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:13   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rear is a bit uncomfortable, yes, but I can't comment about the lack of under-thigh support because I don't get that in any car smaller than a large D-segment sedan.
Even the older Verna had a flat rear seat with no contours, though space was never a problem.

Any idea how good is the AC? I am concern since the i20 comes with a weak AC, the older Verna had super strong AC.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:18   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Technical Specifications and Price Comparison has been added to the review in the second post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2330981
Any idea what's the weight of the car?
Old 17th May 2011, 16:23   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Any idea what's the weight of the car?
Sadly, no actual weight figures are available at this time. Hyundai seems to have not shared those values with the dealers either.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:53   #684
BHPian

Hey @.anshuman, AC, as per @mathranik is super chill and he is quite satisfied.

Following is the URL for his ownership thread, post number 35:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...di-sx-o-3.html
ajaynaphade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 16:55   #685
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Any idea how good is the AC? I am concern since the i20 comes with a weak AC, the older Verna had super strong AC.
Question on AC is answered here by the first owner on Team BHP
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2354273
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 18:45   #686
BHPian

As per a report in Business Standard, this ANHV has garnered 5000 bookings in first 5 days after launch. Amazing, isn't it?
Old 17th May 2011, 20:53   #687
BHPian

Haven't been able to get a TD of the diesel AT yet, its only available at the main branches, too far for me to go. Hope the delivery period doesn't hit 3 months or more by the time I get to do a TD!
Old 17th May 2011, 21:42   #688
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
there probably won't be a CRDi for TD at all, since "the company knows it will sell well anyway". Talk about stupid responses.
I sometimes feel how can some people always open their mouth and put their foot (make it feet) in the mouth! These people should not get a public-interaction type job at all, IMO.

Quote:
Zappo, panel gaps were quite even throughout the body, checked specially for this. C-pillar plastic piece behind the passenger window is seriously el cheapo.
Hmmm... Thought so. In the set that I clicked for the TD car the panel gaps were uniformly humongous everywhere though only the boot was featured in the review. Felt at that very occassion that Hyundai will tighten the tolerances before the final launch.

Quote:
The feature list delights, I find the SX quite well equipped too. The SX (O) costs about 90k more than the SX, and apart from the airbags, I don't know if I would want to spend that kinda money for the added features. SX (O) AT is ~12.65L OTR Mumbai. Dock about 70k for the AT and another 90k if you want the SX. Can't wait to put that engine through its paces
I also feel that barring the 6 airbags of the SX (O) (vis-a-vis 2 in the SX) whether there is really anything so alluring as to make one spend that much extra. I am sure people can live without the faux leather trims (or get it outside) and the keyless everything life, saving a packet in the bargain!
Old 17th May 2011, 22:58   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
since "the company knows it will sell well anyway".
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
As per a report in Business Standard, this ANHV has garnered 5000 bookings in first 5 days after launch. Amazing, isn't it?
From some source of news I read, the break up of Petrol Vs Diesel is 25%-75% !!

Quote:
Delivery of anything would take 6-8 weeks I was told, unless I wanted a purple 1.6 VTVT.
Looks like a very very decent waiting period inspite of heavy bookings. Will it attract some sales from Vento? Will have to wait & see. And I seriously hope this is the beginning of the end of stupid wait times for any cars. Couple this with Fiesta's delivery times after its launch [as intimated by Mustang] should send some shocks to other manufacturers who are giving insane delivery time lines.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I also feel that barring the 6 airbags of the SX (O) (vis-a-vis 2 in the SX) whether there is really anything so alluring as to make one spend that much extra. I am sure people can live without the faux leather trims (or get it outside) and the keyless everything life, saving a packet in the bargain!
+1. I dont understand whats so great about the SX-O trim. The only feature that cannot be done aftermarket is the start / stop switch & extra airbags which I dont fancy. And SX trim is more than enough loaded with features, I would not mind doing custom leather seats to my taste outside if I have to buy this version [And I prefer that].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th May 2011 at 22:59.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:47   #690
BHPian

@swifnfurious. That's the beauty of new 'ANHV', it comes with everything which you wish to have in your car as a company fitted equipment. One does not have to shell out anything except for the seat covers.

Though, 1.6 basic does have less equipments, but it's still good enough and leaves a smile on a person, who wish to buy this variant.

Now, I am just waiting for HMIL to launch a ‘Car Configurator’ sort of stuff and allows a customer to configure his/her own car.
Am I sounding too greedy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks