Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 14:46   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
I booked the 1.4 Petrol Fabia yesterday and the dealer told me that it will
take 1 Month (Magic Black color with Beige and Chic Interiors).

But today he called me and said that he can deliver the car on May 16th.
Strange!!

When I asked for a Test Drive, I also noticed like "VKJ" is that the dealer kept telling that the car is going to be booked in your name and then brought in and so we cannot give any test drives etc.

Whatever, I hope I get my Car in good Condition, I already have the PDI ready from Team-Bhp
mhafeez_13666: Congratulations, Sir and many happy miles of motoring in her. I've not driven the Fabia petrols but going by the brand and my Fabia diesel experience, am certain you're in for a better-than-decent drive.

I agree it's strange these chaps never seem to have a TD handy: in fact, I put down my money AND drove my own Fabia out of the showroom WITHOUT having put one through its paces. They only permitted me to sit in another customer's car and start it up, but NO propelled motion .
And since they ddn't have a 'dealer' wagon, I didn't press for a drive as I certainly didn't want to drive someone else's car.

Good luck.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:49   #227
VKJ
BHPian

Guys, after entering the chassis number i get the following minimal details, any idea where/which link/website gives me full details?

VW Group VIN Decoder
VIN #:___________________
"Škoda Fabia II Elegance 1.4 TDI 51kw
model year 2008, production number 501981
light utility vehicle, production plant Aurangabad
The entered VIN is valid!
"
Old 7th May 2008, 15:00   #228
BHPian

Thankx Netchef but I managed to get a Test drive of a brand new Fabia 1.4 petrol which had not even done the Dealer PDI !!
(My dad found that out and he accepted)

Everything was cool except that the Arm rest was obstructing the gear
handle. :-(

Anyway, my review will come once I get my hands on her!!

I can't wait!!!
Old 7th May 2008, 16:24   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
Guys, after entering the chassis number i get the following minimal details, any idea where/which link/website gives me full details?

VW Group VIN Decoder
"

VKJ:Incredible but I've no clue where you can go sputnik (must be a good feeling to know someone in distant parts knows your car by an affectionate VIN). Sorry, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
Thankx Netchef but I managed to get a Test drive of a brand new Fabia 1.4 petrol which had not even done the Dealer PDI !!
(My dad found that out and he accepted)

Everything was cool except that the Arm rest was obstructing the gear
handle. :-(

Anyway, my review will come once I get my hands on her!!

I can't wait!!!
mhafeez_13666: I can't wait to read your review. Not many Fabia owners on Team-BHP, and if there are, they don't post their adventures.

If I may ask, how much is the 1.4 petrol on road?
Old 7th May 2008, 17:28   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Netchef...still waiting for your response to my query regarding the grabhandles
Here goes, parichay, and sorry it took so long. TAFE confirmed there's only one grab handle supplied and it's fitted to the front passenger side.
I know there are coat hooks at the back because I used then to hang my suit coat en route to a wedding the other day.
Beg yer pardon, Sir, again.
Old 7th May 2008, 19:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Here goes, parichay, and sorry it took so long. TAFE confirmed there's only one grab handle supplied and it's fitted to the front passenger side.
I know there are coat hooks at the back because I used then to hang my suit coat en route to a wedding the other day.
Beg yer pardon, Sir, again.
Thanks netchef. I have ordered grab handles for the rear seats as well. Helps older people step out of the car. Also got the car interiors done up in leather from the dealer itself, it looks pretty good. Will post the pics soon.
Old 7th May 2008, 20:09   #232
BHPian

Quote:
mhafeez_13666: I can't wait to read your review. Not many Fabia owners on Team-BHP, and if there are, they don't post their adventures.

If I may ask, how much is the 1.4 petrol on road?
Absolutely! I am just dying to write about it. In fact, I have already written about all the soft features (non mechanical) as draft. .
Was also thinking I will put the review on a youtube and post here.

The On Road Price for Elegance 1.4 Petrol is 8.03 Lakhs.
Old 7th May 2008, 20:52   #233
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
VKJ: logic tells me the NCB is good for one car, but please go ahead and get your agent's confirmation.

Driving ANY car on 'half clutch' is a very serious NO-NO as it will quickly destroy your clutch plate. My suggestion is to reprogramme your driving technique ASAP so as to preserve the transmission of your new wheels.
Sending partial power to your gear box also reduces the fuel efficiency, but that's a smaller price to pay than having to fork out hard cash for a new clutch.

NetChef: As i mentioned, this is only on those moments i have to, otherwise, how would you drive? on top gear? not sure how you guys manage this ... i would like to know a better technique here, quoting you a scenario here ...
"Upon hitting a normal (not a worst one where your bottoms get grazed) speed breaker, would you bring the gearbox to 2nd and half depressed or switch to 1st gear."

In my case i perform the a-priori!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 7th May 2008 at 22:46.
Old 7th May 2008, 23:25   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I understand your point. If you ever happen to travel on the road which connects Mysore Road to Bangalore University, with a full load of adults and luggage, do let me know whether the first few humps scrape the car's underbelly. Also, if you ever happen to travel towards Madikeri via Shrirangapatna and Hunsur, you will get a few humps after Hunsur which are really nasty.

This is where my Palio bottomed out. I guess this will be a fair comparison, provided you tread those routes.

are you talking about the ring road ? you don't have to worry about this i have been through this road in the fabia around twice with four passengers all 80 kilo + on board, no luggages and believe me there is not a slight sign on bottoming out , i don't know about the other roads though
Old 7th May 2008, 23:51   #235
BHPian

Has anyone taken a Fabia on the NICE road? I mean the places where the road doesn't exist. For example the stretch connecting to Bannerghatta road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
are you talking about the ring road ? you don't have to worry about this i have been through this road in the fabia around twice with four passengers all 80 kilo + on board, no luggages and believe me there is not a slight sign on bottoming out , i don't know about the other roads though
Old 8th May 2008, 02:03   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Has anyone taken a Fabia on the NICE road? I mean the places where the road doesn't exist. For example the stretch connecting to Bannerghatta road.
i think it will do a top whack of 165 + on NICE road
Old 8th May 2008, 09:20   #237
VKJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Thanks netchef. I have ordered grab handles for the rear seats as well. Helps older people step out of the car. Also got the car interiors done up in leather from the dealer itself, it looks pretty good. Will post the pics soon.
Hi Prachay, what handles are you ppl talking about? the one's on the underside of the roof just above each door OR the handles on the doors? pls. clarify.

I have seen these handles on all the 4 doors and as well as on the underside of the roof above each door. Sorry cound not show it on pics/graphics!!!!!
Old 8th May 2008, 09:52   #238
BHPian

Quote:
i think it will do a top whack of 165 + on NICE road
I'm sure it will.

I brought this up because we were discussing the ground clearance. I was particularly talking about stretches where the road has still not been completed. This was just to compare with my experiences with other vehicles.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:37   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post

VW Group VIN Decoder
"
That is the only "public domain" information derived from VIN. No legitimate website provides more details than these based on VIN. Such sites do come up once in awhile, but they are taken off-line pretty soon. I was lucky enough to use one such site while it was active (Magic.ro - Resources and Information.) that gave me a 4-page report of my car based on VIN alone. Unbelievable.

If you have the patience to type all the 3-digit codes available in your service booklet sticker, you can use the following site for more details:
VW Group Option Codes Decoder
Old 8th May 2008, 11:06   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about the road which enters the University when you take the right from the University arch, while you are driving towards Mysore on Mysore road. Once you enter the University road, there are around 4 humps, of which, humps no 2 and 3 are really bad. Even if I have even one rear passenger in my car, the bottom scraps. Forget about the luggage.

Also, if any Palio owner is following this thread, I would like them to give their opinion here. That will let me know whether this is a problem specific to my car or whether all Palios scrap their underbelly there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks