Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 23:26   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hold on my friend Rajdoll, you just recommended the Indica Saffire over the Swift courtesy the goodies? Whoa?!

:headbang
No need to bang that precious head, I think, you did not read the line carefully. I said, if power is not your key criterion, do checkout Vista Safire.
Old 31st August 2008, 03:08   #272
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a look at the Vista Quadrajet Aura in flesh. Man the car is really huge from the inside and out compared to cars in its class!! I did not get to TD it though, as i had little time on my hands and after going through the comments in this thread, could not wait to get my eyes on one even if was not able to TD it. I did spend about 5-7 minutes checking out the car in concorde while the TD car was out for TDing. Car looks well put together and like everyone has said the panel gaps are even and the paint quality is really good. Doors open with little effort and had a quick glance inside and is it roomy. Interiors look good to the eye but did not get to touch and feel the interiors or have a feel of the tilt steering and height adjust. Well hope will get to TD one soon!!

My 2 $$
Old 31st August 2008, 11:36   #273
Senior - BHPian

Car abd Bike Show, NDTV Profit Saturday 2130

Hi,

If the front wiper is on, and if you put the car in reverse, the rar wiper comes on automatically.

This is as per the show.

Fusion has this feature.
Old 31st August 2008, 11:49   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
No need to bang that precious head, I think, you did not read the line carefully. I said, if power is not your key criterion, do checkout Vista Safire.
yes, other than power and cornering abilities, i dont see any advantages in Swift petrol. Vista seems better built than Swift and would definitely return better FE.
Old 31st August 2008, 14:21   #275
Senior - BHPian

Folks, pardon my ignorance but is the TDi engine on the Vista is same as the one on the V2 turbo?
Old 31st August 2008, 14:48   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Folks, pardon my ignorance but is the TDi engine on the Vista is same as the one on the V2 turbo?
seems so, but they claim the gearbox has had some improvements
Old 31st August 2008, 16:31   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
And, has anyone gotten their hands on this ? If its just a little quieter, the TDis represent amazing VFM. Yeah the Quadrajet's the hot one, but this is a great bargain too - with the much better fit n finish and other "upgrades" shared.
Old 31st August 2008, 16:48   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Plus the seats of Indigo are designed such a way after just a 1 hour drive in city the back and neck starts paining . Vista seems to have done a better job in that respect!
Never had that problem. In fact, the Indigo is one of the most comfortable cars from my garage. Love the ride quality, comfy (sofa?) seats and generous space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
And, has anyone gotten their hands on this ? If its just a little quieter, the TDis represent amazing VFM. Yeah the Quadrajet's the hot one, but this is a great bargain too - with the much better fit n finish and other "upgrades" shared.
Yup, the TDi is the same. Good engine by itself to get the job done. Only downside is the turbolag that takes getting used to and the vague gearshift.
Old 31st August 2008, 20:34   #279
BHPian

Indigo seats and uncomfortable? are you kidding?

no one can accuse Indica and its cousins of bad ride, lack of space and uncomfortable seats.

my 5 year old V2 with aging shock absorbers swallows bad roads better than a tin can from Maruti or Hyundai, for example.
Old 31st August 2008, 22:36   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
seems so, but they claim the gearbox has had some improvements
heard TDi also has fiat gear box..
Old 1st September 2008, 08:33   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
heard TDi also has fiat gear box..
Cool - that makes it very interesting. Its at a price point that'll dent the Quadrajet sales a lot, and I suspect thats one reason no TDi TD cars are available
Old 1st September 2008, 09:45   #282
BHPian

Nopes. But it is new gearbox from Tata. Hope, they would have picked up some tech from their tech JVs.

Indica Vista

This is really getting confusing for me now. Cannot lay my hands on Petrol one for TD, and w/o TD one can never be sure of how lagging this one will be for power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Cool - that makes it very interesting. Its at a price point that'll dent the Quadrajet sales a lot, and I suspect thats one reason no TDi TD cars are available
Old 1st September 2008, 09:58   #283
BHPian

oh! maybe that explains the lack of TD vehicles for the TDi! but I could not find TD vehicles for Safire either...
Old 1st September 2008, 10:04   #284
Senior - BHPian

nah, The vista needs to project an "all new" image, so it wont help matters if it shows up with the old engine and gluebox :P
Old 1st September 2008, 10:07   #285
BHPian

1140 would be kerb weight and 1270 the gross weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Rajneesh, PM is not (entirely) wrong. The Vista's web-site says 1270. But the brochure says 1140.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks