Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 20:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

The car is looking awesome , specially the front with the huge Chevy logo on it .
Congrats on your new vehicle.
Drive safe .
Cheers
Old 16th March 2010, 21:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Congrats Lobo... the car looks great in that color. Seems u r very satisfied with the looks as well as the power of the car.

BTW whats the name of that color. I remember something like Foxtrot Azure in Linea being very similar to this.
Thanks dude. I am entirely in love with the car. Its a sure head turner in my city since very few Beats are on road here. I am the third LT owner in my city. Power and ride is awesome too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am surprised - this color looks stunning boy. A head turner.

Post some interior pics too... specially of the view the rear seats provide.
Thanks mate. Sure will post interior pics this weekend bro as I am busy with office work on weekdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Lovely choice of color. It looks stunning on the Beat.
Congratulations mate !!
Thanks buddy! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
bags wont be deployed by scrapes!!! read up on airbag tech
That's cool bro! But LT has a huge waiting period I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Congratulations Alstonlobo on your new Beat. It sure looks amazing in Misty lake shade. After seeing the pics you posted..i could convince my wife for the misty lake shade ..she was supporting the super red earlier.

Will you please update us on the FE figures..?

Further, some users were pointing out that there is a sap in engine power with AC at low RPMs did you also have a chance to experience this..?

The guy at the showroom in Kropex, bangalore was telling me that upgrade to alloys and 175 rubber would cost 25K extra on the LT model (sans option pack)..was anything in similar lines mentioned in Mangalore..?

have fun and drive safe.
Thanks for you wishes buddy. Nice to know that you and your wife like the colour.

About the engine power, I have not felt any hitch at all, in fact on the second day of my vehicle usage, I took it to a church up a hill which is a slope of I guess 35 degrees, 3 people including me were in the car and the AC was on, the car pulled awesomely well without me having to nudge it hard on the pedal.

Once you work up a good torque on the first gear, you will not have any lag thereafter.

I am not aware of the footwear upgrade costs since I did not inquire about it!

Not really tested the FE figures yet as I have just run above 230 kms and I still have fuel left in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The car is looking awesome , specially the front with the huge Chevy logo on it .
Congrats on your new vehicle.
Drive safe .
Cheers
Thanks mate! The light shades really look awesome on this car, and the huge gleaming chevy logo and 'in your face' grill gives it a muscular look! Cheers to you!
Old 16th March 2010, 23:49   #33
BHPian

Hi guys, forgot to put up a pic of the interior the day I got my baby! Well here it is. Notice the blue bottle on the dash, that's the perfume given by the dealer. I fitted an Ambi Pur personally!
Attached Thumbnails
Review:  My new Chevrolet Beat-interior.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 14:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
What's your height bro if I may ask?
I'm an inch taller than you, 5' 11". Why?
Old 17th March 2010, 17:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I'm an inch taller than you, 5' 11". Why?
Sorry bro, that was meant for recshenoy. My bad
Old 17th March 2010, 17:42   #36
BHPian

I feel the beat has one of the best interiors - VW you need to do something about yours - its messed up bad
Old 17th March 2010, 18:34   #37
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
More pics people. And more to come in the coming days
great choice- now do go through the car care thread to keep the beauty in its original glory for as long as possible - if you need some tips- will be glad to help!
Old 17th March 2010, 19:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Sorry bro, that was meant for recshenoy. My bad
Hehehe. No issues. As I'm back to this thread, how is the high speed stability? They are really, really puny tyres you see..
Old 17th March 2010, 20:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I feel the beat has one of the best interiors - VW you need to do something about yours - its messed up bad
I second to that buddy! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
great choice- now do go through the car care thread to keep the beauty in its original glory for as long as possible - if you need some tips- will be glad to help!
Thanks for your wishes bro! I clean her daily before leaving for office on her. Not a speckle crosses my eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Hehehe. No issues. As I'm back to this thread, how is the high speed stability? They are really, really puny tyres you see..
Suprisingly the tires hold well, stability is very good, I felt it many tads better than the TD car! Din't cross 80kmph yet. Let the engine run in then I might pack in some punch. I love the grunt the engine gives when I rev it up on idling!
Old 17th March 2010, 21:57   #40
BHPian

Hey thats a beautiful car. Of all the new ones that have been launched, the beat in my opinion is the one which truly stands out due to its sleek styling and 2 door body! Happy motoring!
Old 17th March 2010, 22:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey thats a beautiful car. Of all the new ones that have been launched, the beat in my opinion is the one which truly stands out due to its sleek styling and 2 door body! Happy motoring!

Thanks buddy! Indeed its a beautiful and a head turner. I park my car next to my colleagues santro's and wagon r's and the muscular hood stands out of them all. It really has a sporty look!
Old 17th March 2010, 22:35   #42
BHPian

Congrats on your new baby Alston. Really like the aggressive hood of the Beat.

I am glad that we are finally experiencing a better crop of hatchbacks, thanks to GM & Ford.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Congrats on your new baby Alston. Really like the aggressive hood of the Beat.

I am glad that we are finally experiencing a better crop of hatchbacks, thanks to GM & Ford.

Thanks Gaurav! Yeah bro, I completely agree with you.
Old 18th March 2010, 02:59   #44
BHPian

Lovely car, lovely color. Let me add my congratulations and best wishes along with those of the other BHPians who have already wished you. The color is definitely an eye grabber. Heres wishing you many many many happy miles of motoring, lots of great memories, and only smiles and smiles. It does not matter what you paid as long as you are happy with the purchase in your heart of hearts.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the VFM buy buddy. The best part that skip a my heart BEAT is rear integrated spoiler.
How much is the price difference between LT & LT(O)? Is it only the airbags or any other features added to the variant?

Isn't the color is of some little Blue tint, that we get in CIVIC, NHC-ZX?

I hope you would have test driven any k-series eng to name Ritz & Swift, which one you found more rev happy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks