Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 21:04   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour333 View Post
I cant buy a jeep for off roading right now but am trying to make my Endeavour more capable than it already is to atleast be able to do some "SUV Trailblazing" like terrain

Hey - You dont need rugged macho tyres to join us for OTRs.. The endaevour is a pretty capable vehicle by itself with or without tyres ..

The winch and tow hooks are a good idea though
Old 18th September 2011, 07:00   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey - You dont need rugged macho tyres to join us for OTRs.. The endaevour is a pretty capable vehicle by itself with or without tyres ..

The winch and tow hooks are a good idea though
Good to hear. I've been taking it out on the beach sand quite a few times and it has no problems once I deflate the tyres. Tried once with fully inflated tyres too and it was fine but I was scared nevertheless when I had to stop and do a 3 point turn! Beach wasnt wide enough for me to make a full U turn. Next time I should scout out an entry and exit point. I would love to come out on the next OTR that my Endeavour can manage. Please let me know

I've decided to wait on tyres until this ban gets lifted because I dont want to settle for so much less that what I originally wanted. So am just on stock tyres now, but honestly they are not bad at all. I read somewhere that the best tyres for driving on soft sand are tyres that are almost completely worn and that have also been deflated to 10psi. I deflate mine to 17psi front, 15 rear and that seems to be just right. Dont want to reduce by too much.

Btw, I dont think I am getting the winch, seems too expensive and I'm not sure how i'd mount it. Will definitely get a tow hook though, tow straps, and D shackles. Headers, do you know where I may get these items in chennai? The tow hook I am getting welded to my chassis by my garage. The others i'm not sure.

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 18th September 2011 at 07:03.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:36   #1338
Senior - BHPian

re: The Offroad Rims & Tyres Thread

Does anybody have real knowledge of when this ISI restriction will be lifted and the supply of imported (AT and off-road) tyres will be turned on again? My local dealer said October but I need an informed opinion.

I need to buy some kind of soon.
Old 28th September 2011, 21:25   #1339
Senior - BHPian

DD, the ISI mark has become mandatory on all tires being sold in India (at-least the manufactured in India ones). I do not see the law being repealed anytime soon.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 03:58   #1340
BHPian

So does that mean that no one in India can get MT or AT tyres anymore? Isn't it going to kill the off roading trips then since people will be forced to buy HT tyres once their current off road footwear wears out? Are you all not extremely worried about this?

Really sad news for me. I really wanted some nice AT tyres.
Old 29th September 2011, 08:47   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So does that mean that no one in India can get MT or AT tyres anymore? Isn't it going to kill the off roading trips then since people will be forced to buy HT tyres once their current off road footwear wears out? Are you all not extremely worried about this?

Really sad news for me. I really wanted some nice AT tyres.
You will get branded AT tyres, viz, Bridgestone, Michelin, MRF, JK to name a few.

What may happen is the choice of rubber and patterns may get restricted!

BTW, I may have an interesting solution if the speed is below 60 kph!
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 10:54   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Does anybody have real knowledge of when this ISI restriction will be lifted and the supply of imported (AT and off-road) tyres will be turned on again? My local dealer said October but I need an informed opinion.

I need to buy some kind of soon.
Are you looking at buying Trepadors? I dont know why everyone says these tyres are in great demand, in the last two weeks alone, we got 25 tyres in 235/75 r15 here at Coonoor.

Will PM you the number, they will send it to you. They sent me in three lots by the local Government bus to Coonoor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BTW, I may have an interesting solution if the speed is below 60 kph!
Whats that? Rebelt mud pattern?
Old 29th September 2011, 11:06   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Are you looking at buying Trepadors? I dont know why everyone says these tyres are in great demand, in the last two weeks alone, we got 25 tyres in 235/75 r15 here at Coonoor.
I'm interested in getting new tyres as well for my Ford Endeavour but definitely wider than 235. I'm looking at closer to 265 with at least 29.5 inch Diameter. Please let me know if you have something of that sort. MT or AT tread.

Thanks,

-Vishnu
Old 30th September 2011, 15:37   #1344
BHPian

Does anyone know where I should look to find used 15 or 17 inch rims? I am looking at getting used Ford Endeavour 15 inch rims or used Fortuner 16 inch rims to put 265 with Apollo AT tyres on. Since Apollo is an Indian tyre manufacturer I should have a problem getting those tyres right?

Also will Fortuner rims fit on a Endeavour?

Thanks,

Vishnu
Old 30th September 2011, 15:59   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm interested in getting new tyres as well for my Ford Endeavour but definitely wider than 235. I'm looking at closer to 265 with at least 29.5 inch Diameter. Please let me know if you have something of that sort. MT or AT tread.

Thanks,

-Vishnu
I spoke to the person, he does not have 265... He has only 4 more sets of Trepadors in 235..
Old 30th September 2011, 16:40   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@beejay: How much are the Treapdors in 235? 15 or 16 inch?
Old 11th October 2011, 06:13   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vishnu,

Why don't you get a set of 15" rims and go in for 31-10.50-15?
Hi Arka, I am considering this option for my Ford Endy and TyreStore has promised to send me a quote for this today. So further details on the brand, price awaited.

I wanted to ask you if there are any downsides/negatives to this considerable upsizing.

Thanks, Shyam
Old 11th October 2011, 08:07   #1348
BHPian

The guy at LAL Tyres said to not go much bigger in diameter for automatic transmissions. Not sure why.

Going to 30.6 inch tyres from 29.5 inch stock is pretty big change so you might need to change the final drive ratio somewhere if it is possible right? Is it possible to change the final drive ratios for an automatic transmission?

They should be perfect if you can get them. Let me know if you do. I might have jumped the gun a little bit and gotten sub optimal tyres but I might change them after a year or so to the combo you want to get.

Last edited by Endeavour333 : 11th October 2011 at 08:19.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:18   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Hi Arka, I am considering this option for my Ford Endy and TyreStore has promised to send me a quote for this today. So further details on the brand, price awaited.

I wanted to ask you if there are any downsides/negatives to this considerable upsizing.

Thanks, Shyam
Hi Shyam,

Negative of getting taller tyres.

1) Higher COG.

2) Low end acceleration/Torque will be 'slightly" affected.

3) Wheel Travel may reduce/ lesser articulation.

4) Reduced Turning Radius.

Regards,

Arka

PS - Guys, please add anything I have missed out.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:43   #1350
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post

PS - Guys, please add anything I have missed out.
WRT stock size >>

more load on hubs & king pin ??

Camber affected ??

need to apply different tow in ( alignment ) ??

Please comment Arka JEE

Sudarshan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks