Team-BHP - New 4X4 project
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   New 4X4 project (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/98071-new-4x4-project-10.html)

Your interest is encouraging!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenstein (Post 2897828)
HI,jyobeb. How did you source the ct26 turbo.
From Kannan in Chennai.

Which intercooler are you using?
From the Xylo.

Does the nippo denso pump have the boost compensator aka the alda sensor?
Nope, but I am fitting one from a Zexel pump.

Are you increasing the diesel flow?
I should, but I am not sure how much to. Any advice?

How much torque are you expecting?
30 atleast.

What rpm does the turbo start to spool?
My guess is about 2000.

How big is the turbo compared to the scorpio turbo?
Almost double the size!

Guess i missed it, what axles and ratios are you using?
Stock Safari axles with 4.55 ratio.

Do you have the ratios of the toyota gearbox?
Have to google it. It is a SR5 gearbox off a Tacoma.

Was the engine rebuilt using original toyota parts or taiwan parts?
All Jap parts!

There were 160pcd 10j rims on facebook last i saw.
Not when I bought them in May 2011.

Sorry for asking so many questions :)
Anytime man!

Note from Team-BHP Support:
Please do not reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers.
For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.
Thanks

Decided to swap my inline pump for a Denso (Toyota) Rotary pump and a Zexel boost compensator aneroid.

Hi Jyobeb

Can you sms pm the price of the turbo.
Xylo intercooler would be the same size as thar s right, if so its too small. Get a much bigger one atleast double the size maybe like the safari 3.0 dicors.CT26 will push in lot of air, so you have to keep your egts down.
So you are using independent suspension in front ?
Zexel pump is the latest name for diesel kiki.
Since you have the boost compensator , you can max out the diesel flow in the pump check , if there is two much black smoke then turn it 2 turns back.

My interest, :) because im doing 2 mad projects , one finished and one going on.

Engine assembly has started. I am attaching pics for anybody interested in the ovehaul of a Toyota 14B.

By the way, setting the timing is easy.
Set the gear teeth against the numbers punched on the idler gear.
0-0 for the idler to pump gear
1-1 for idler to crank gear
2-2 for idler to camshaft gear.

Some more pictures.
Ready for for a crank up.

Jyobeb - did you get the body that you will be using for this? Can you post some pics? Also - how will you get this registered? Will it be considered road worthy and given a registration?

The body for my project is a long time coming!!!!
Some more pics

Jyobeb- Are you going to get the whole setup broken apart again?

My q is because I see that that you have a really clean engine block but all the other parts getting connected looks like they need a fresh coat of paint and rust treatment.

I am assuming that you would get the whole setup a new coat of paint :)

This just went by, how good will it be if we build a rear engined 4X4?? Any thoughts on this?

Not really man! I can paint it all without removing the ngine. The inner parts are already done and outer soon!
A rear egined 4WD may not provide any traction in front???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinn (Post 2923879)
Jyobeb- Are you going to get the whole setup broken apart again?

My q is because I see that that you have a really clean engine block but all the other parts getting connected looks like they need a fresh coat of paint and rust treatment.

I am assuming that you would get the whole setup a new coat of paint :)

This just went by, how good will it be if we build a rear engined 4X4?? Any thoughts on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb (Post 2924697)
Not really man! I can paint it all without removing the ngine. The inner parts are already done and outer soon!
A rear egined 4WD may not provide any traction in front???

Thanks for that :thumbs up

BTW on the rear engined 4WD, when you mean lost traction - I presume you mean traction only during offroad activities?

I was wondering on the contrast to the Porche 993 4-wheel drive system that is rather conventional and simple, yet performed far superior in real world. This is what I read through that instead of epicyclic differential and mult-plate clutch, it used a simple viscous-coupling LSD as centre differential.

To make the viscous-coupling always engaged the front wheels, the rear tyres were made marginally smaller in diameter, enhance established a small speed difference between the drive shafts to front and rear. With the speed difference, the viscous liquid normally transferred 5-15% torque to the front axle, which was much less than the previous system.

In abnormal conditions (Assuming the latter off the road conditions), that is, whenever one axle lost grip, the viscous-coupling LSD may send up to almost 100% torque to the other axles.
This sounds way too interesting lol:

Jyobeb- Just a small question. Am i missing the front suspension springs or did safari front suspension come like that only?

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-nav (Post 2927285)
... Am i missing the front suspension springs or did safari front suspension come like that only?

In 2WD avatar, the Safari has coil springs at front, in the 4WD , like jyobeb has, it has torsion-bar springs at front.

Even the 2Wd has torsion bars in front.

With the turbo fitted.