Team-BHP - New 4X4 project
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   New 4X4 project (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/98071-new-4x4-project-8.html)

In the pics ^ - I see the prop shaft will come above/over the cross member on its way to the rear diff, how is the OE setup in a safari? below? And did you have to reengineer the engine mounts?

Yes Santosh, the prop shaft will come over the cross bar. Should check to see what the setup is on the Safari. This R151 gearbox is almost 12" longer than the safari gearbox. the mounts have to be re-engineered and I will be using OE engine beds.
A few more pics of the engine after the crankcase wing was chopped off.

The engine gearbox combo has been fixed into place with new beds and gearbox crossbar.

The turbo manifold is being modified for fitting the Toyota CT26 turbo that comes OE on the 14BT engine.

The engine has been opened up to avoid any disappointments after the vehicle build is completed. Looks like I need a new set of liners and pistons.

This is an awesome project Jyobeb!! Most of the other people are knowledgeable and offering advice. I'm just a keen observer! Really facinated with your project and work!

Kudos :)

Can't wait to see the rest of the process and of course the finished product!

Best of luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpingheart (Post 2860301)
Really facinated with your project and work!
Kudos :)
Can't wait to see the rest of the process and of course the finished product!
Best of luck!

Thanks man! A long way to go though!

Some pictures of the modified manifold to fit a turbo. I am using a CT26 turbo which is huge!!!
Some pictures of my engine which is being taken apart. I am planning on modifying my timing case cover to use a gear driven power steering pump like in the Innova.

The pump I plan to use. (Pic for reference only)

More pics of the engine being stripped.
Pictures of WIP for 160 pcd to 139.7 pcd converter spacer.

planning for a 16" military rim eh? going down to 139?

No army rims. The only 10J rims I could get were 139.7 pcd.
I needed 10J rims to suit my 35x12.5/15 tyres!!!

The tyres and wheels that I intend to mount.
Wheels are 15" 10J negative offset and tyres are MAXXIS 35x12.5x15 Trepadors.

Beautiful alloys and chunky/proportionate tyres!
Congrats!

I am guessing that the mounting of the tyres would have been quite a task...hope it was done without damaging the alloys.

I can see the chassis is box/tube section & its welded in places ( for renewed mountings/ cross-members etc )
So how do you intend to treat those areas near welds for the Purpose of rust proofing ? ( I mean from Inside of the box )

Have you thought about galvanizing etc ?

Sudarshan

@B-T, Yup, fitting those tyres were quite an ordeal, but Samy tyres here, are experts.
@Sudarshan. You have an eye for details don't you! Welding near the front end has been treated for rust proofing by spraying in the rust proof chemical under pressure. I am not quite sure how to handle the welding done in the middle. (for fitting the crossbar)
By the way, the Safari chassis ia a CinC section.

What axles are you running?

Any plan to strengthen the axles to run the 35 inchers?